Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
20-03-2013, 07:41 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
I was raised Catholic. I 1st started questioning my church like many about 12 years old. I remember asking the priest about faith. How do you know if you have faith? He replied: You just have to have faith. Again what if you don't? same answer back and forth. I asked a few more questions. Soon I noticed the priest would turn and go the opposite direction after seeing me. I started to ask more question and started to study other religions. I learned many religions stole there ideas from other religions. that war was often the way to spread your word. I called myself a Agnostic for a long time. About 6 years ago I finally realized that I was fooling myself and I'm a dinosaur hugging Atheist. I live in Michigan I just discovered the podcast a couple weeks ago I'm ashamed of that.
Find all posts by this user
20-03-2013, 11:04 PM
hey, to you too. I just registered, i am kind of lost here. In any case I am here to
(30-08-2010 09:46 PM)Soldieringon Wrote:  Hey

I was looking for a place to introduce myself, and realized that there was no "one thread" for members to do so. I thought I would start one.

I'm Paul. I am a 31 y/o male stationed with the Army in South Korea. I have been an Atheist all my life, I was raised as one. I run a small blog and I am getting ready to leave the Army.

I am an open atheist, there's no hiding for me, I tell other people about Atheism and why I choose to be one. But I try very hard not to be pushy about it.

Anyone else?
21-03-2013, 02:23 AM
Hello. I'm 28 and Canadian eh. I work as an animator on mostly kids TV shows and I like listening to these pod-casts while I work. I was baptised and went to a Roman Catholic school up to grade 8, but then I escaped and went into a public high-school.
21-03-2013, 06:42 AM
Welcome to ....

Rooster, Dirtnapper, ELK, Wolf Bird, Parker, Laptop, Labman, Frank and Shrapnelface.

Jump in, enjoy yourselves and don't step on the trolls.

Thumbsup

21-03-2013, 10:07 AM
Hello all! Big Grin

I am a 29 year old female, living in the Bible Belt in Southeast Texas. I was raised in an extremely religious household, although very loving. My mother and father are still married after 35 years. Church of Christ. Every Sunday. Christian School graduate. Needless to say, I haven't exactly "come out" to my parents regarding my decision to turn away from religion. I've had "the talk" with my husband, however, he is Southern Baptist....so that didn't go over so well. We just avoid the topic now. It has created some tension. Undecided

It sounds a bit cliche but, I had never doubted "God" until my only sibling died unexpectedly in 2007 at the age of 25. We were 16 months apart. It changed something inside of me and brought forth not only a deep rage toward the idea of a "loving God", but also a thirst for knowledge and research. After reading, listening, writing, highlighting and re-reading, I can honestly say that I feel better now than I ever have before, not just about my brother's death, but life in general. I have a deeper understanding and appreciation for all things and am so glad I found this online community.

I just recently finished Mr. Andrews' book, "Deconverted" and I am hooked. I'll be soon starting on "The God Delusion" and am so very excited about beginning a new chapter in my life! Heart
[+] 3 users Like milk_milk_lemonade's post
21-03-2013, 10:43 AM
Hey all.
Well a little about me My Name is Andrew I'm in my 30's was rasied southern baptist. Did the whole church thing til I was about 15 but honestly stoped drinking the koolaid by about 12 or so. Spent a long time in the agnostic quasi-spiritual phase until about 2 years ago when I was challenged to defend what I belived by a beliver.
I started doing some research and came across Christopher Hitchen and Prof Dawkins and since then have become much more in tune with my own belifes (or lack there-of). So far my favorite facepalm moment of discussion with a beliver has been and I quote them saying to me "How can you get your belifes from a book." I was honestly speechless at the insanity.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
21-03-2013, 01:45 PM
Welcome to you both.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
21-03-2013, 05:22 PM
Im a 26 years old Brazilian from Sao Paulo
Hi to everybody!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-03-2013, 07:45 PM
(30-08-2010 09:46 PM)Soldieringon Wrote:  Hey

I was looking for a place to introduce myself, and realized that there was no "one thread" for members to do so. I thought I would start one.

I'm Paul. I am a 31 y/o male stationed with the Army in South Korea. I have been an Atheist all my life, I was raised as one. I run a small blog and I am getting ready to leave the Army.

I am an open atheist, there's no hiding for me, I tell other people about Atheism and why I choose to be one. But I try very hard not to be pushy about it.

Anyone else?
Hey, i'm a completely awesome girl who lives in the "Bible belt". I am actually an agnostic who is contemplating atheism. I used to be christian until i looked at what i believed a little closer.
21-03-2013, 08:00 PM
I am a female who is agnostic and is contemplating atheism and is completely awesome!!! Smile
Thread Closed