Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
22-03-2013, 12:36 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello all!

My name is Joe and I've been a fan of TTA and Seth since eps 10 of the podcast so I'm a little late to the forum thing. My apologies for that. Anyways about myself, let's see... I was raised Catholic in a family that promoted questioning and reason. I've always been extremely grateful for that. However I've only been an open atheist
for a few years now. I'm a child at heart. I love boardgames, video
games, anything sci-fi related, well-written comedy, and reading. I'm
also a beer enthusiast, video game collector, and love progressive
rock/metal.

Looking forward to chatting with you all!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-03-2013, 12:01 PM
I'm from Toronto and was raised for the most part without religion. My family celebrates all of the common Christian holidays but typically we only ever found ourselves in a Church (Catholic) for weddings and funerals. I am an Atheist through and through and even though I've never been religious in any real way, the topic is still the most interesting one I can think of. I love the pod cast and thought it was time to participate more online.
Find all posts by this user
22-03-2013, 04:02 PM
Hi, I'm an almost 38 yo, who recently realized not only did he not believe, but he never really did and he didn't want anyone to have to fight against the indoctrination, to free himself, like he did. Coming out as a gay man was a first step to discovering the ugliness of my childhood religion. It was also a prep towards coming out atheist. I work at UW Madison as a senior IT professional. I love my job, and the theological freedom it, and the surrounding city, offer me. I hope to make new friends, new allies, and learn LOTS! I am a ardent listener to the podcast, and if you haven't noticed I can sometimes be long winded. Sorry, Smile
22-03-2013, 05:15 PM
Hi. Just joined. Unlike Seth, I have pretty much been a life-long atheist. I was not raised in a particularly religious family nor was there ever any real pressure to be religious.

At 50, I am definitely an anti-theist, hard atheist and a materialist. I find religion to be mostly a negative and destructive influence on human society and quite oppose its ongoing existence. I see absolutely no reason to even take seriously the existence of a god let alone actually believe in one. I am quite convinced, given the overwhelming preponderance of the available evidence, that there is only a material, physical universe guided only by natural, unknowing, unguided, forces; that there is no thinking, feeling, aware agency of any kind involved.
22-03-2013, 08:19 PM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2013 08:31 PM by cbb2274.)
Hi, I'm Ben.

I'm a 27 year old atheist living in eastern North Carolina. I have a Bachelor of Arts degree that no employer seems to find appealing. That's okay though, because I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I love to run, but my knee has been giving me some trouble lately. I'm also a big Philip K Dick fan (and that includes his wacky religious stuff, though I haven't read his Exegesis yet). I work in call center for a giant corporate. I took calls for a while and it made me a little crazy, so now I applied for a different position. It pays my bills and the benefits are nice, but it's not a career. I'm a work in progress.

I figured out that the Bible was all wrong when I was about 13 or 14. I decided I was an agnostic when I was about 15 or 16. A couple years ago I figured out what "atheist" really means and decided it was a better fit. I'm not that "open" about it, but I don't lie when someone asks me directly. Thankfully, my maternal grandmother hasn't asked me yet. I think she would go completely bonkers. I also don't believe in reincarnation, chakras, ghosts, the healing power of crystals, werewolves, or the Kraken.
23-03-2013, 08:13 AM
Re: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello,
My name is Faith, seriously it is. I'm a 22 year old athiest living in Missouri. I was raised Pentecostal and my family know. They weren't happy but they try to ignore it when I visit so, it's kind of like I'm the elephant in the room.

Music is my life.
Nice to be here.
23-03-2013, 08:48 AM
(23-03-2013 08:13 AM)fruit Wrote:  Hello,
My name is Faith, seriously it is.

So is mine (only, in my native language). What can you do... [Image: 11qmi6t.gif]

Quote:Music is my life.
Ditto. (Almost.)

Quote:Nice to be here.
Nice to have you here. Welcome Smile

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
23-03-2013, 09:30 AM
Thanks. I think I'm going to like it here. I love the name Vera btw.
23-03-2013, 09:45 AM
(23-03-2013 09:30 AM)fruit Wrote:  I love the name Vera btw.
Frankly, I quite like it myself. I also like the name Faith. (Of course, one of my favourite words is goggles, so I'm not sure I'm the best arbiter Tongue )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
23-03-2013, 10:37 AM
Lol. Language is a funny thing. I love it.
Thread Closed