Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
29-03-2013, 12:42 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
I am here as the fool of the forums. I have a G.E.D. and have not bothered to become an expert in any aspect of the concept of God or the Bible. Why do I admit that? Because I believe that even a fool can defeat a believer in God. So if you are a believer, take a cheap shot! Win an argument with a fool!
Find all posts by this user
29-03-2013, 04:25 PM
Been an atheist since my mid 20's. Love the podcast. I just registered for these forums so I can contribute. I would love to hear my "Zombie Jesus" song sung by a choir on a podcast someday.
30-03-2013, 09:54 AM
Hello

I`m Kevan 51, an ex serviceman from the uk. I`ve been an atheist every sinse, many years ago, I first read the bible.

"When you tell me that your Deity made you in his own image, I reply that he must have been very ugly." Victor Hugo
30-03-2013, 11:40 AM
Hi! I'm a biology professor in Philadelphia. Used to be a born-again Christian, but I saw the error of my ways a long time ago. I do get a bit tired of having to answer and re answer the same questions from creationists, but I understand the drawing power of religion.
31-03-2013, 05:01 PM
Hello, I'm an ex-Catholic atheist. Became an atheist around four years ago now, though it doesn't seem that long. I've started being part of an interfaith dialogue youtube/ustream show.
And my name is fairly indicative of myself.
Been debating theists of various types for years, and listen to programs like this and others not only to keep informed, but also to learn how to laugh at some of this nonsense. Being in Florida, the religious have a pretty solid footing here.
Despite that, I've helped found a Humanist organization, organize a Freethinker group as well as a skeptic's group, and am helping set up a CoR for our area.
[+] 1 user Likes KeenIdiot's post
31-03-2013, 08:15 PM
Hi. I am almost 46 and have been a skeptical about the whole god thing since I was a child. I explored various religions and I came to the conclusion that they are all man made and the bible is nothing more than a tool to manipulate the masses. And I am in O to see how well it still works in such advanced times.
I was not in the closet or anything, just too busy having too much fun and never gave too much though to the issue of religion. One day, driving my car back home after doping kids at school I was thinking how my Facebook page was filled with god's message from friends and everything god... So annoying. I clue t even put a pic of my kids that the comments would be "god bless! oh you are so blessed. Amen, etc..." So I felt kinda lonely and google to see if there would be other people like myself and my husband out there. Guess what I found? That's right TTA on Facebook. How convenient. Well, now I am so addicted that people are calling me hard core atheist. Aff... Finally I don't have to deal with the blessings anymore.
Oh, I must admit that I used to believe in spirits... So delusional, I know. Never I. God or Jesus or the bible, but in spirits. Go figure. Actually I know why. I just didn't want to admit that this is it.
31-03-2013, 09:11 PM
Hi All,

I'm an atheist of the introverted, African-American variety--now there's an 'oppression hat-trick' if I never saw one. No worries though, I'm also a stoic so I don't actually acknowledge oppression--real or imagined.

How did I come to non-theism? Well, I was brought up catholic (...zzzzzzzzzzz........zzzzzzzzzzzz....) so once I woke up, there were all these remnants of dogma in my head I had to sort-out.

Eventually, I became fascinated with the so-called, historical jesus, which led me to examining the bible...and it was all uphill from there.

Just found you guys through Matt Dillahunty's (if ever there was an idol worthy of worship,...just sayin...) references on his youtube channel--listened to a couple of podcasts and liked what i heard.

I started blogging as (I'm new here so I hope this is ok) stoicatheist.wordpress.com and thought I'd check in here for some thought provoking dialogue.

thx. that's it.
31-03-2013, 09:11 PM
Welcome Nayda.

I recently purged FB of most of the uber-religious because I couldn't take it any more.

Check out Seth's podcasts and videos, hang around and see what you think.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.
01-04-2013, 12:56 AM
I'm 33 years old, and simply, occasionally, like to hear opinions that are not based on unsubstantiated superstition, nor adopted without some forthought...so I came here Tongue

01-04-2013, 06:49 PM
Hi
My name's Rich. I'm from the greater Cleveland area of Ohio. I was raised Roman Catholic but have been an atheist since I escaped grammar school many, many years ago. There's nothing like Catholicism to give you lame and incomplete answers that even a kid finds absurd. I guess that I should thank the Catholic Church to setting me on the path to freethinking. At any rate, hello all. It's nice to find a forum such as this.

Rick Z
Thread Closed