Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
22-04-2011, 07:24 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
I'm 19 and live in England. My entire family is Christian (mostly Church of England) but I've been atheist ever since I seriously thought about religion (early teen years) and would have considered myself agnostic before that. I have always been open about my beliefs with my family and it's never been an issue for them, though I do get the impression that my mother and grandmother do see my beliefs a a bit of a disappointment and I have had arguments with them both, not so much because I'm an atheist but more because I'm so open (and at times, vocal) about it.
Find all posts by this user
25-04-2011, 04:58 AM

Hello.

I'm 24 years old, from Norway and i've been an atheist since i was 16, though i guess my path to atheist started at 12 when i became interested in astronomy and science. I recently finished a bachelors degree in computer science and is now studying physics, hoping to become an astrophysicist eventually Smile

I come from a deeply fundamentalist christian family, which is rare here in Norway. They don't know where i stand on religious matters yet and i'm not convinced i should tell them.
25-04-2011, 11:46 AM
Man, it's been a while. Life's been rather crazy on this end.

Hello to all the new members!

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
26-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Hello! I am from western Canada. Just discovered TTA podcast's a few weeks ago and have been creeping the forum for a couple days. So now, here I am! Thanks for this opportunity.
26-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Hi all! I was a a fundamentalist minister at an early age and a Pentecostal church pastor when I lost my ability to believe solely based on the Bible. That happened 28 years ago. After two years of study and contemplation I came to the conclusion that I was an atheist and have remained one for the last 26 years. Over time I have grown more firm and hardcore in my atheism to the point that I would say I am now anti-theist and strongly oppose the right-wings efforts to turn my nation into a theocracy. Smile

“There is no sin except stupidity.” Oscar Wilde
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-04-2011, 09:13 PM

Wink RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello everyone! I am a firefighter in NJ and have been an atheist for a few years now.. Hard to say exactly when I opened my eyes but now that they are, they will never be shut again! Glad to see so many reasonable people are out there! It gives me hope for mankind!
28-04-2011, 10:43 PM
Hi everyone, I'm 23, I became an atheist about 8 month ago after living most of my childhood as a Christian. I wish I had found this site when I first became an atheist. It was a hard time for me and I really felt alone being that my entire family is religious. Youtube videos really helped me during this time as well as the "Atheist Experience" show. I'm proud to join this site and meet other people just like myself Smile
30-04-2011, 04:33 AM
Hi all,

I'm 27 year old, working as a navy NCO. I was raised as a christian, but started to hate it pretty soon. Went to church alot in the earlier years. I was kinda obliged to do my communion when I was 12. "No communion, no presents!". I was a closet atheist, but I really tried to be a good christian, I just couldn't understand it. It all seemed so ridiculous...

Went to a catholic high school later on. I still remember my final exam for my 'religion course'. I had to prove the existence of God using Thomas Aquinas' laws. Even though I could debunk them with ease, it was mandatory to succeed. The teacher knew I was an atheist and had a big grin on his face when I gave the answer. "You see you're wrong? God exists"

I joined the army when I was 18. From then on, I would quickly slowly become an anti-theist, anti-monarchist and anti-capitalist. No I'm not a communist (although theoretical communism looks good), but I want to change the world and make it a just and fair place for everyone.
Teaming up with rational atheists looks like a good first step.

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
01-05-2011, 12:13 AM

Thumbs Down RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello Everyone, I loved reading everyones posts... Alright a little about me-

I live in Australia
I am 24 years old
I LOVE riding motorbikes even though people tell me its dangerous
I smoke ciggarettes even though Im told they will kill me
I drink alcohol even though its bad for the health
I admit I am an athiest even after Ive been told I will burn for it.. haha you gotta get your giggles somewhere.
Im reading Charles Darwins Origin of species at the moment.
I Love Camping, Terry Pratchette, Reading, travelling, Harry Potter, Douglas adams and having a good time with the people I love.
01-05-2011, 12:29 AM

Hello My name is Lanny I live in Denver Co, I am 52 yrs and have been an atheist going on 30 yrs I belong to a couple different Atheist groups here. I do enjoy the debates
Thread Closed