Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
24-05-2013, 08:34 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
I am a 31 yrs old engineer. I am having dought during the past years of my life since child hood if god really exist but now i realized that people emotion regarding hope destiny faith are also just make beleive to create a society that follow rules and morality all those things are crap and god is either not real or his just an asshole who likes watching us all suffer
Find all posts by this user
26-05-2013, 10:59 AM
Hi Everyone,
I am new to the atheist community and found out about this forum. I just started reading Seth's book. Came from a Christian church in MA, and then decided to take some time off. I started coming around and thinking about how the stories in the bible just do not add up. How can we trust something that was written 6000 years ago and we are not even sure who wrote it? How can we trust something that has humans living for hundreds of years? And etc.

I am a gamer. I like to play PC games mostly. Wow, Lol, StarCraft, Dota. FPS, MMORPG, RTS etc

I live on cape cod and work as a network engineer. Feel free to message me and chat.
Looking forward to meeting new people in this community.

-Erik
26-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Hi everyone!
I'm a young Agnostic/Atheist/not sure yet,
I was raised as a ultra orthodox hassidic Jew, and am still trying to break free from my community without hurting my family to much.
Am in a religious school in Israel as of now where no one can stand my questions.
Anyone relate to that?
26-05-2013, 10:31 PM
NYC based 42 year old, raised a good Lutheran in Iowa, acolyte, worship coordinator, church choir and band. But had a problem reconcyling my love of dinosaurs and and the Church timeline. And then I doubled in history and political science at the University Of Iowa, and I began to drift away. First, wondering how if God was great and loving, how over the past few thousand years, more people would be murdered in the name of religion than all other qualifiers added up. And then learning of those attacking science, Darwin, even astronomy. It pushed me further away. I then saw my grandmother die of classic Alzheimer's at age 89; and watched my Mom pray and try everything she could do to avoid it. Only to get the early onset version of Alzheimer's and be dead in April 2007 at the age of 64. And with that, I was all the way out. Not just atheist, but an avowed opponent of organized region. The world won't find peace and its wiped off the globe.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

27-05-2013, 09:44 AM
I'm a 39 year old male Atheist living in the midwest. A lot of guns and god around me. I pretty much keep my Atheism to myself save for a few close friends. I've gradually come to the nonbeliever conclusion over several years. I have very little education past high school, but I have a hyper vigilant bullshit detector that I finally couldn't ignore anymore. I'm here to find like minded people to help me learn more about what I don't believe and to help me hone my arguments.
27-05-2013, 11:17 AM
Hey everybody,

Been an "atheist" for almost 20 years, and been an active participant in debating/debunking religion for since around 2000. I have a wife and 3 kids and live South Carolina.
27-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Tongue RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
hy ppl i am new on forum so some info on me. I am 37 years old male from Croatia like gaming techno music and fishing ( also i like to smoke weed but that is far as i go with opiats had my share of wild things but that is behind me) anyhow i like good ppl and good discusion about all things .
28-05-2013, 08:22 AM
Hi people just signed up and want to say hello and introduce myself with a little info.
I've been a Atheist all my Life just never identified myself as one until 3 or 4 years ago. There was no reason why other than that it was an unimportant part of my life that was no different to my non-belief in Big Foot or those people claiming to talk with Aliens.
I'd never really thought too deeply about it or the affects that organised religion had on nearly every aspect of society because of the power they have built up over the Centuries with little opposition.
Growing up My Mother was a non-believer while My father came from a Family of Jehovah witness' who believed, the subject of God would on the seldom occasion come up around the dinner table instigated by my Father but was quickly squashed b/c My mother who would literally just say "its all a load of f'ing BS" conversation killed.
So even having Parents of opposite extremes never was either of their Idea's preached to me, I was Just taught to think for My self and I truly think anyone left to do the same with no outside influences could only ever come to the conclusion that I have.
Childhood indoctrination is Abuse and needs to be stopped.
Sorry to ramble on, any way I hope We'll enjoy many discussion here, catch You on the forums

Brainimpatcs
28-05-2013, 05:51 PM
I'm agnostic but Confucianism is right, "To know your place in society is better than just praying at a church." - but I signed up to ask questions about Science, Aliens, etc and whatnot.
28-05-2013, 08:08 PM
(28-05-2013 05:51 PM)Korin Wrote:  I'm agnostic but Confucianism is right, "To know your place in society is better than just praying at a church." - but I signed up to ask questions about Science, Aliens, etc and whatnot.

Welcome to the forum.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed