Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
10-06-2013, 12:48 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hey everyone I'm Sharon, I am 21 years old and exploring my spirituality. Never till now have I given much thought about "god" or "religion" but as I have gotten older I want to expand my knowledge, and figure out why it is I reject the existence of higher powers and religions.
Find all posts by this user
10-06-2013, 06:31 AM
Hi, Stephanie here, I am currently working as a substitute teacher and also doing some part time jobs like singing, dancing and as a fastfood crew. I"m not sure if I'm an atheist, but cannot say I'm a christian either.

HostandCash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-06-2013, 06:45 AM
Hi my name is Stephanie from Utah, I hope this forum could help a lot when it comes to spirituality and beliefs. Can't call myself a Christian but can't call myself an Atheist either.

HostandCash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-06-2013, 09:04 AM
Hello everyone! I'm very happy to have found this oasis of free thought, reason and community. I've recently listened to previous episodes of TAA, and I am very fond of Seth's animations on YouTube as well.

I was raised in Singapore and Australia, but am now living full-time in Japan.
[+] 1 user Likes AyameTan's post
10-06-2013, 02:16 PM
(04-06-2013 08:18 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  hi! I'm a 21 year old college living in "nowheresville" oops I mean Murfreesboro Tennessee. I've taken a year off to learn braille, but I'll be back in the game soon. I love anime, chess, reading and shopping when I'm not broke. I guess you'd classify me as an agnostic.

oh I know where that is... my daughter moved to gallatin from Seattle........ I am learning to like sweet tea without all the sweet
10-06-2013, 03:06 PM
Welcome to the forum all Smile
11-06-2013, 04:41 AM
Hey all! I'm 24, I wasn't raised religious at all and have always been a pretty neutral non-believer. A couple years ago my dad died and my mom turned to religion (through a religious group grief counseling) to cope. Now every other conversation is about heaven/hell and her trying to convince me to believe or else I'll never see my dad again. Now religion and it's stupidity and uselessness are center stage in my life.

I joined these forums to express these thoughts which I usually keep to myself. The empty promises and unfounded hope of the "afterlife" as purported by religion is the only thing I can see holding my mom back from coming to terms with my father's passing. Despite any logic or reasoning it always comes down to Pascal's fuckin' Wager, and her idea that god is her last resort to somehow see my dad again. I guess it's true what they say: love can make a person do crazy things.

Anyway, I hope to stick around! Looking forward to having some good discussions here.
[+] 1 user Likes fuckingpowerful's post
11-06-2013, 11:20 AM
(11-06-2013 04:41 AM)fuckingpowerful Wrote:  Hey all! I'm 24, I wasn't raised religious at all and have always been a pretty neutral non-believer. A couple years ago my dad died and my mom turned to religion (through a religious group grief counseling) to cope. Now every other conversation is about heaven/hell and her trying to convince me to believe or else I'll never see my dad again. Now religion and it's stupidity and uselessness are center stage in my life.

I joined these forums to express these thoughts which I usually keep to myself. The empty promises and unfounded hope of the "afterlife" as purported by religion is the only thing I can see holding my mom back from coming to terms with my father's passing. Despite any logic or reasoning it always comes down to Pascal's fuckin' Wager, and her idea that god is her last resort to somehow see my dad again. I guess it's true what they say: love can make a person do crazy things.

Anyway, I hope to stick around! Looking forward to having some good discussions here.

Are you this powerful?

[Image: 9f6.gif]
11-06-2013, 12:29 PM
This powerful:

[+] 1 user Likes fuckingpowerful's post
11-06-2013, 12:32 PM
Welcome new people!

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
Thread Closed