Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
11-06-2013, 03:19 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hi all, im a relatively new atheist (two years in) from Pennsylvania. After going to a private middle school i basically decided that the god delusion wasnt my thing... So now im the most outspoken Atheist my school has ever had walk through its doors.

I actually came across this forum when my friend showed it to me earlier this week, whos on the forum. Hes a fun guy, but goin through some weird spiritual "experience", (his mind is playng with him, thats all) and is looking at some wierd wiccan crap right now. Hes one of my best friends and its sad to see him devolve like this, but i guess its his stupid choice.

Just wanted hi to everyone and i look forward to talking with you all.
Find all posts by this user
11-06-2013, 09:41 PM
I am an atheist and (sadly) I study in a christian school. I tried very hard to convince the people around to quit their disgusting belief but so far no one is willing to hear me out. I hope that you guys can help me out on that.
11-06-2013, 09:51 PM
(11-06-2013 09:41 PM)bustead Wrote:  I am an atheist and (sadly) I study in a christian school. I tried very hard to convince the people around to quit their disgusting belief but so far no one is willing to hear me out. I hope that you guys can help me out on that.

Exactly my situation my friend! I try to be as nice about it as possible, but there are some days when a disgusting, pale, fat, annoying Spanish priest ranting on the podium about how everything outside the catholic church is blasphemous evil(every friday actually)... It really gets on my nerves.
12-06-2013, 03:52 AM
Hi.

I have been an Atheist for several months now. I was never a devout Christian, but I did believe. I found that in the begining of my de-conversion, it was hard to adjust or to come to terms with my new belief, well, non-belief. It's weird. But, I feel more alive now. And I feel that I am an even better person now than I did when I believed. I feel free. :0) Thanks Seth, Christopher Hitchins, Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins, Cognative Dissonance's Cecil and Tom and a few others.

Other than that, I am just me. Not much to tell really. I love life and the things on this planet. I want to preserve what we have by working against those who want to destroy it. That's all I got for now. Thanks.
[+] 1 user Likes thequeensjester's post
12-06-2013, 06:02 AM
Hello, I'm a Christian from Australia and decided to check out this site after seeing top ten creationist arguments...

BTW Hitler was an atheist Big Grin jk
12-06-2013, 06:08 AM
Hi my names Alex and I am 15 and live in timaru, New Zealand . Through my somewhat short existence I have despised religions ability to not civilize people and instead create non self sufficient sheep, furthermore religions arrogance in ignorance is what originally led me to be fueled with anger at herds of sheep gathered up in their pens( churches) being brainwashed.
12-06-2013, 06:24 AM
I'm a 27 year old female who works in libraries and is writing a dark fantasy novel that I hope to get published, which satirizes Christianity.

Becoming an atheist was a big deal for me because I was brought up as a Christian and was sent to a Christian school and I sincerely resent that part of my life.

My brother is still a Christian (the only one left in my family of 6 siblings) and I cannot help but get into discussions with him all the time about why he is still a Christian and why I am an atheist.

I do feel a bit bad for pushing my atheism on him but I sincerely believe that Christianity is not good for him and I just can't stop myself!

I have become very interested in Richard Dawkins because I share many of his ideals about atheism and that religion should be eradicated.
[+] 2 users Like Opheliac's post
12-06-2013, 01:30 PM
(12-06-2013 06:24 AM)Opheliac Wrote:  I'm a 27 year old female who works in libraries and is writing a dark fantasy novel that I hope to get published, which satirizes Christianity.

Welcome Smile My Mama's a librarian. Probably a factor in why I love books... Good luck sailing the wine-dark fanta sea.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
12-06-2013, 01:33 PM
(12-06-2013 06:08 AM)Malach havamat Wrote:  Hi my names Alex and I am 15 and live in timaru, New Zealand . Through my somewhat short existence I have despised religions ability to not civilize people and instead create non self sufficient sheep, furthermore religions arrogance in ignorance is what originally led me to be fueled with anger at herds of sheep gathered up in their pens( churches) being brainwashed.

I'm glad you clarified that bit about churches, otherwise all I got was "I'm a young New Zealander angry about the treatment of sheep" Big Grin Welcome Smile
12-06-2013, 01:35 PM
(12-06-2013 06:24 AM)Opheliac Wrote:  I'm a 27 year old female who works in libraries and is writing a dark fantasy novel that I hope to get published, which satirizes Christianity.

Becoming an atheist was a big deal for me because I was brought up as a Christian and was sent to a Christian school and I sincerely resent that part of my life.

My brother is still a Christian (the only one left in my family of 6 siblings) and I cannot help but get into discussions with him all the time about why he is still a Christian and why I am an atheist.

I do feel a bit bad for pushing my atheism on him but I sincerely believe that Christianity is not good for him and I just can't stop myself!

I have become very interested in Richard Dawkins because I share many of his ideals about atheism and that religion should be eradicated.

Welcome. I like you already. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed