Introduce Yourself HERE!

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
15-06-2013, 10:31 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Welcome.
Cats aren't exactly atheists - they think they are gods. Big Grin
[/quote]

Thanks for the welcome. My cat already told me that, but I told him he is delusional.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes riverrun's post
15-06-2013, 12:30 PM
Hi, I'm new. I'm 30, from London, UK. I have been an atheist for nine years, before that I was a "born-again" Christian. I'm glad to say I feel more born again now being an atheist.
16-06-2013, 05:45 AM
Hi all
I am a life-long atheist from New Zealand.
Always have been, always will be.
Looking forward to having rational conversations.
16-06-2013, 09:26 AM
Hello people.
27 year old male science-lover from Norway here.
Been an atheist since the age of 7.
I live and breathe for science, reason and logic.
And worldwide religion and belief in the supernatural is choking up that breathing.
Found Seth on youtube about two years ago, been listening since.
16-06-2013, 11:32 AM
Hy,i'm Sagar,a 16 year old male from Suriname. I have been an atheist for the last 2 years,but i was raised a hindu.
I tell people(exept parents) openly that i'm an atheist if they ask,but i am trying not to pushy.
I hope i have a great time here,and i hope that i do not annoy you people.

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping
16-06-2013, 11:02 PM
Hi,

I'm a 21 year old unemployed caucasian male from Perth, Western Australia (currently touring 'Merica). I'm also an atheist.
I was raised a non/multi/pan denominational protestant christian, and went to a private school of the same bent. As a young child I realised that most of the crap I was being fed made no sense, and I asked a lot of of questions that received no intelligent answers. I was about 14 when I decided I was agnostic, and about 20 when I realised that what I thought was agnosticism was in fact agnostic atheism. Fortunately I have not been ostricicised by my family as seems common in 'Merica, my Mother and my sisters think it's a phase and I'll have a Saul moment any day now and I suspect my father is too smart to actually be a belieber and is just going through the motions. My 11 year old brother is little atheist, if only because he wants to be just like his older brother, though I do my best to give him all the information and encourage him to make up his own mind.
I discovered TTA a few months ago, and it has been an island of reason and intelligence in a world of idiocy and superstition, so I decided to register and introduce myself.

That's pretty much it really, live long and prosper.
17-06-2013, 04:11 AM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2013 05:30 AM by ELK12695.)
(16-06-2013 09:26 AM)The Norwegian Guy Wrote:  Hello people.
27 year old male science-lover from Norway here.
Been an atheist since the age of 7.
I live and breathe for science, reason and logic.
And worldwide religion and belief in the supernatural is choking up that breathing.
Found Seth on youtube about two years ago, been listening since.

Hvilken kommune, mann? Akershus her.
17-06-2013, 08:22 AM
Taking Atheism for a "test drive". I enjoy the podcsts. I have always been agnostic while attending church.

I started pressing the doctrine of hell, which is the hardest doctrine to buy into. I attended seminary, learned Greek and Hebrew and own all of the up to date commentaries Anchor, Hermeneia, etc. and am convinced that Christianity is just another religion, the bible a man-made book.

I am not giving up a lot, I hated mega-churches anyway, and have been jumping from small church to small church. My wife is fervent Pentecostal type, but we don't have kids, and had already decided to attend different churches. We are accepting that what church or whatever that I chose to attend or not attend is a private matter.

I am skeptical about the atheist movement however. I do not feel compelled to "come out" as an atheist, I see no reason to do it. I do not feel compelled to change the world. I am free and I will live my life the way I see fit.

If any zealot atheist starts attacking me as a "coward" or as "selfish" because I am not signed up for their agenda, I have no problem getting right back in their face, and be warned; I can bring it. No one is going to impose their beliefs on me religious or atheist. Plus, who made you the arbiter of morality? By what authority is your morality superior to mine?

It is the mindset of the zealot, regardless of ideology, that leads to genocide, witch-hunts etc., and I will not tolerate any agenda.

With that in mind, I hope I am welcome, if not, I will move on.
17-06-2013, 09:24 AM
Welcome to the forum.
17-06-2013, 10:22 AM
(17-06-2013 08:22 AM)comet Wrote:  Taking Atheism for a "test drive". I enjoy the podcsts. I have always been agnostic while attending church.

I started pressing the doctrine of hell, which is the hardest doctrine to buy into. I attended seminary, learned Greek and Hebrew and own all of the up to date commentaries Anchor, Hermeneia, etc. and am convinced that Christianity is just another religion, the bible a man-made book.

I am not giving up a lot, I hated mega-churches anyway, and have been jumping from small church to small church. My wife is fervent Pentecostal type, but we don't have kids, and had already decided to attend different churches. We are accepting that what church or whatever that I chose to attend or not attend is a private matter.

I am skeptical about the atheist movement however. I do not feel compelled to "come out" as an atheist, I see no reason to do it. I do not feel compelled to change the world. I am free and I will live my life the way I see fit.

If any zealot atheist starts attacking me as a "coward" or as "selfish" because I am not signed up for their agenda, I have no problem getting right back in their face, and be warned; I can bring it. No one is going to impose their beliefs on me religious or atheist. Plus, who made you the arbiter of morality? By what authority is your morality superior to mine?

It is the mindset of the zealot, regardless of ideology, that leads to genocide, witch-hunts etc., and I will not tolerate any agenda.

With that in mind, I hope I am welcome, if not, I will move on.

Welcome, oh pugnacious agnostic.

I think you may not understand that this is not an atheist movement. We have all kinds here.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user