Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
19-06-2013, 05:42 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(18-06-2013 08:43 PM)maklelan Wrote:  Hi everybody. My name's Dan. I am a grad student in biblical studies. I found my way to this board because someone linked to my blog from here. Hopefully there's some stimulating discussion here.

There's some interesting games of whack-a-troll. Big Grin

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-06-2013, 07:37 AM (This post was last modified: 19-06-2013 07:43 AM by kingschosen.)
Hey there, my name is Ben Davies.

I want to help people to change their attitudes towards things like money and power in the hope that one day starvation and poverty will be gone from this planet.

REMOVED THE SPAM
Find all posts by this user
19-06-2013, 08:03 AM
(19-06-2013 07:37 AM)Mazotu Wrote:  Hey there, my name is Ben Davies.

I want to help people to change their attitudes towards things like money and power in the hope that one day starvation and poverty will be gone from this planet.

REMOVED THE SPAM

Howzit Ben Smile

Apologies, you got body-slammed by the mod team a bit Tongue Normally we prefer if people don't just come here to plug their stuff, if you hang around the forum a while and participate a bit then some guys do eventually win the right to link shit in their sig and so forth, but we're not a free advertising service.

Anyway, welcome Smile
19-06-2013, 12:49 PM
I'm new here as well. I've been a searcher most of my life and have dipped my toes into several belief systems, but science and reason has always been peeking over my shoulder. I studied physics and earned a degree souly for the fact that I wanted to better understand why I was here. I have read every book about reality, physics, religion, and spirituality I have been able to get my hands on. I just last night received and read Seth's (EXCELLENT) book, and it prompted me to join this forum. It's great to know there are like-minded people out there. I'm looking forward to some "spirited" discussion.
[+] 1 user Likes greg's post
20-06-2013, 01:07 AM
Hi, My name is Natasha and i'm 30 yrs old. I am a stay at home mom living in South Africa. I am new to atheism but i have been secretly knowing what i believe in for a long time, it just took a while to say it out loud. I'm slowly coming out of the closet but mostly afraid because most of my family are believers.
[+] 1 user Likes npronald's post
20-06-2013, 07:20 AM
(20-06-2013 01:07 AM)npronald Wrote:  Hi, My name is Natasha and i'm 30 yrs old. I am a stay at home mom living in South Africa. I am new to atheism but i have been secretly knowing what i believe in for a long time, it just took a while to say it out loud. I'm slowly coming out of the closet but mostly afraid because most of my family are believers.

Hey Smile I'm in SA too... in Joburg. Welcome to the forum Smile
21-06-2013, 12:22 AM
Re: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello all. Long time lurker, first time poster
[+] 1 user Likes chaos212's post
22-06-2013, 05:14 PM
Hi. I haven't really lurked here all that much. I'm just trying to find people that think as I do. Or close to that. I tend to not speak as I get irritated at anything and everything coming out of religious believers mouths. I don't like to argue, I just walk away. I've been an atheist since I was around seven. ("around the age of reason" as George Carlin puts it.)

Right then, Thanks!

=D
[+] 1 user Likes Huey's post
22-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Hello my fellow atheists. I'm an avid believer in science and logic and even dabble in some creativity Wink

Faith would not be one of my strong suits. I come from a broken home (since I was seven) with as devote Catholic father/family on one side and a holy rolling Southern Baptist Mother. I was quite taken in with the somewhat "excitement" of the Southern Baptist (as a kid), but then I made my first mistake as a "believer" - I read the Bible.

Want to convert a Theist to atheism? Just break out your handy dandy Bible and start reading. Nothing will convert you over to the side of common sense faster. Make sure you read it ALL - not just the hand picked "Preacher verses". After reading just the first few books, you will be overjoyed that there is no God! Smile
23-06-2013, 07:04 AM
Greetings fellow Atheists!

My name is Adam, and I am from Oklahoma! This forum came up in a search as I was doing some research, and it seems like a great place so I thought I'd join in! Looking forward to participating with you folks!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed