Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
26-06-2013, 01:27 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello all!

I'm a relatively new atheist from Canada and look forward to many chats with intelligent, like-minded people.
I am struggling to keep my passion for rational thought from becoming an overzealous in-your-face excitement onto others, as I do not like religion imposed on me.

I thought joining this forum would help Thumbsup
Listening to Seth's podcasts have been incredibly enlightening but I feel the need to connect with others in order to share and learn in the power of compassionate atheism.

Thank you for having me!
Find all posts by this user
26-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Hi all! I'm a (soon to be) 23 year old from PA, USA. I've only recently within the last two years become an atheist and have been listening to Seth's podcasts since 2011. Thought I'd drop in on the forums. :]
26-06-2013, 02:41 PM
RE: My name is Ray Comfort. Good to be here.
(25-06-2013 08:12 PM)Ray Comfort Wrote:  Hello. My name is Ray Comfort. I thought I would drop in, say hello and share a thought.

My friend PZ Myers (I hope he doesn't mind me calling him a friend) is thinking that I am going to misrepresent him in the upcoming movie “Evolution vs. God.” He said, “Someday maybe I’ll get to be in a movie in which I’m not selectively edited and misrepresented. It will not be this movie.” I don’t know why he is thinking this way when he hasn't seen the movie. The interview was edited back for the promo, but that’s what you do with promos because they have to be short. But in “Evolution vs. God” PZ gets to talk as much as or even more than anyone in the entire movie. Of course it was “selectively edited.” That’s what editors do. They remove the mundane and irrelevant and select that which is interesting--and a lot of what he said certainly was interesting. When I do interviews I fully expect to be cut back to that which the producers believe is relevant to their theme. After all, it’s their program.

So PZ, you were of course “selectively edited” (as was every person in the movie), but I have to protest when you accuse me of misrepresenting you. That would show a lack of integrity on my part and a disregard for our friendship. I really enjoyed meeting you. It really was an honor, and I would gladly enjoy a meal with you any time you are back in Southern California (at my expense, of course). PZ kindly posted the promo on his page. Sorry, I couldn't post the link. The promo is also on evolutionVsGod dot com :

Very funny.Drinking Beverage

However, in the unlikely event that you really are Ray Comfort, fuck you.
You are:
  • An idiot, or
  • Dishonest, or
  • A dishonest idiot.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
26-06-2013, 02:55 PM
(26-06-2013 02:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  However, in the unlikely event that you really are Ray Comfort, fuck you.

Lol. Let the mauling begin. Might have to make a separate "tell RC in person what you think of him" thread Big Grin
26-06-2013, 04:25 PM (This post was last modified: 26-06-2013 04:31 PM by kingschosen.)
Hi I'm Hall. I live in New England and have been trying to adjust to the realization of my atheism. It's very strange to walk around feeling like you've really discovered something and there aren't many people to talk to about it. I think it would be helpful if there was a 'softer word' for atheism....does non-theism work?
26-06-2013, 06:22 PM
(26-06-2013 02:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-06-2013 08:12 PM)Ray Comfort Wrote:  Hello. My name is Ray Comfort. I thought I would drop in, say hello and share a thought.

My friend PZ Myers (I hope he doesn't mind me calling him a friend) is thinking that I am going to misrepresent him in the upcoming movie “Evolution vs. God.” He said, “Someday maybe I’ll get to be in a movie in which I’m not selectively edited and misrepresented. It will not be this movie.” I don’t know why he is thinking this way when he hasn't seen the movie. The interview was edited back for the promo, but that’s what you do with promos because they have to be short. But in “Evolution vs. God” PZ gets to talk as much as or even more than anyone in the entire movie. Of course it was “selectively edited.” That’s what editors do. They remove the mundane and irrelevant and select that which is interesting--and a lot of what he said certainly was interesting. When I do interviews I fully expect to be cut back to that which the producers believe is relevant to their theme. After all, it’s their program.

So PZ, you were of course “selectively edited” (as was every person in the movie), but I have to protest when you accuse me of misrepresenting you. That would show a lack of integrity on my part and a disregard for our friendship. I really enjoyed meeting you. It really was an honor, and I would gladly enjoy a meal with you any time you are back in Southern California (at my expense, of course). PZ kindly posted the promo on his page. Sorry, I couldn't post the link. The promo is also on evolutionVsGod dot com :

Very funny.Drinking Beverage

However, in the unlikely event that you really are Ray Comfort, fuck you.
You are:
  • An idiot, or
  • Dishonest, or
  • A dishonest idiot.

Who the fuck is Ray Comfort? Even after google and wiki I still got no clue. ... Am I a bad atheist?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
26-06-2013, 11:10 PM
(26-06-2013 06:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Who the fuck is Ray Comfort? Even after google and wiki I still got no clue. ... Am I a bad atheist?

A nitwit Drinking Beverage Are you sure google didn't help ? He's all over the web. Makes nauseating movies about how being pro-choice is sinful etc. Also though woefully lacking in intellect tries to debate people like Dawkins. For some completely ridiculous reason people seem to take account of what he says. He gives voice to the authoritarian asshole Christians of this world, maybe that's why he's popular. He's basically PleaseJesus IRL.
27-06-2013, 05:21 AM
(26-06-2013 01:46 PM)smokingcaramels Wrote:  Hi all! I'm a (soon to be) 23 year old from PA, USA. I've only recently within the last two years become an atheist and have been listening to Seth's podcasts since 2011. Thought I'd drop in on the forums. :]

Who's your favorite decepticon then? Mine's Starscream.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
27-06-2013, 05:53 AM
Ray Comfort is this guy:

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
27-06-2013, 11:29 PM
Hello from China!
Hi, my name is Chad and I'm delighted to find this website. I can definitely relate to Seth Andrews' background and much of his experience resonates in a frighteningly similar way to my own.

I'm a 40 year guy, originally hailing from Wisconsin, who spent a good portion of his life in ministry. I was a youth minister for a few years and then was a full-time missionary working to plant churches in the Arab Muslim world. I was all-in for Jesus from a young age. My desire to be a genuine seeker of truth eventually led me to a place I never ever dreamed I would go...right out of Christianity and into the world of reality!!!

It's been a long, difficult journey, coming from a world where literally EVERYONE i loved and cared about were ardent believers. Like the T-shirt being sold on this site, i'm definitely the BLACK SHEEP!

Today I live in China and love my job and my life...teaching English and Writing to Chinese university students. I'm happy to meet anyone who can relate to my journey! Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gamecock's post
Thread Closed