Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
28-06-2013, 07:15 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello everyone.
My name is Gaël. I was born and live in France, first born daughter of Church (as was recently proven by the demonstrations against marriage equality). I was educated in the Jeanne d'Arc Institution, a Catholic school under state contract (that's what certifies Creationism isn't taught in our schools).
I've been a fervent student of languages, literature and philosophy with a particular emphasis on mythology and legends. Which is completely unrelated to the job I now have Smile
Philosophy and reading the Bible got me out of religion.
I'm glad I've found the TTA Facebook page. It's intelligent and well constructed.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes GaëlK7's post
28-06-2013, 07:20 AM
(28-06-2013 07:15 AM)GaëlK7 Wrote:  Hello everyone.
My name is Gaël. I was born and live in France, first born daughter of Church (as was recently proven by the demonstrations against marriage equality). I was educated in the Jeanne d'Arc Institution, a Catholic school under state contract (that's what certifies Creationism isn't taught in our schools).
I've been a fervent student of languages, literature and philosophy with a particular emphasis on mythology and legends. Which is completely unrelated to the job I now have Smile
Philosophy and reading the Bible got me out of religion.
I'm glad I've found the TTA Facebook page. It's intelligent and well constructed.

Bienvenue dans notre petit coin du monde!

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."- Mark Twain in Eruption
28-06-2013, 10:47 AM
RE: My name is Ray Comfort. Good to be here.
(26-06-2013 06:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-06-2013 02:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  Very funny.Drinking Beverage

However, in the unlikely event that you really are Ray Comfort, fuck you.
You are:
  • An idiot, or
  • Dishonest, or
  • A dishonest idiot.

Who the fuck is Ray Comfort? Even after google and wiki I still got no clue. ... Am I a bad atheist?

eh,he is the only person i know that says the banana is the perfect example of inteligent design aka THE BANANA MAN.

Oh,and he uses a lot of strawman arguments on his fb page

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
28-06-2013, 10:50 AM
Is it just me,or did we have a more than average new members?
Anyway,welcome to all(exept the fake ray comfort),and i hope you enjoy the forum.

28-06-2013, 10:52 AM
(25-06-2013 09:35 AM)martijndeleeuw Wrote:  Hi all, I am a 19 years old student from the Netherlands. I grew up in a Christian-family in a little village. First a believed everything and I decided to study everything to be a true christian... But then a discovered all the problems with christianity in my search for the truth. Now I am convinced that a superiour God doesn't exist.
yay! We got another member who speaks dutch!
Welkom martijn.

28-06-2013, 04:52 PM
Hey y'all what's up. Just jumping in here, been meaning to for a while. I actually was spurred to finally register because I wanted to share and get some input on a couple of cartoons I parodied RE: DOMA.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...A-cartoons

I'm 36, married, 3 kids, etc. Deconverted in December of last year and my wife followed about 3 weeks later. Long story that I'll probably post later.

Anyway, happy to be here!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes xen13's post
28-06-2013, 05:04 PM
(28-06-2013 04:52 PM)xen13 Wrote:  Hey y'all what's up. Just jumping in here, been meaning to for a while. I actually was spurred to finally register because I wanted to share and get some input on a couple of cartoons I parodied RE: DOMA.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...A-cartoons

I'm 36, married, 3 kids, etc. Deconverted in December of last year and my wife followed about 3 weeks later. Long story that I'll probably post later.

Anyway, happy to be here!

nice to meet ya!
have a great time here

28-06-2013, 08:49 PM
Hello every body, I'm a 60 year old male from New Mexico. I was raised a Catholic
but turned to Atheistism as soon as I figured out like all mainstream religions its all a bunch of BS.
30-06-2013, 09:42 PM
Hello, I'm an American college student majoring in Creative Writing and Theatre. Although I do not consider myself religious at all (raised Christian, but have not accepted that label in nearly four years), I also do not call myself an atheist just yet. I am exploring my options, so to speak, in an attempt to finally find which school of thought suits me best.
01-07-2013, 01:03 PM
Hey All,
I am a 45 year old male divorced male atheist - been convinced that there is no god since I was 10 or so but was brought up southern baptist. My family is very rooted in their faith and as a result I have side stepped the issue for the last 20 years or so. I did try to use logic to prove the non-existence of such a thing but it is weird - there is absolutely nothing that proves the existence of God more to them than me arguing against it. These are intelligent people not idiots and some are people of science - but they are selective in their application of the scientific method - faith has this nice little niche carved out in the middle of their lives and there is no getting around it. I am not in the closet exactly but I dont discuss any of it anymore with them - there is no point since I am not going to pray or "beg the lord for guidance" and they are not going to apply reason to the issue. I love them all and I hold no ill will towards them - they were simply all indoctrinated as children and it has been this way for more generations than are alive. I hold the view that in 100 years all religion is going to be widely held as a silly but tragic historical delusion the same way people today think about the inquisition or the witch trials in Salem in the 1600s. I certainly hope so anyways. Anyways it is great to be here hope you are all doing well.
Thread Closed