Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
05-07-2013, 10:20 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello everyone!! I am so excited that I found this forum! I am 26 from Idaho falls, Idaho. I am literally the only atheist I know and am so excited to meet new people and for once voice my opinions.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes blacksheep208's post
05-07-2013, 10:24 AM
Hello everyone!! I am so excited that I found this forum! I am 26 and from Idaho Falls, Idaho. I am so excited to meet new people and FINALLY for once, voice my opinion.
05-07-2013, 10:35 AM
(05-07-2013 10:24 AM)blacksheep208 Wrote:  Hello everyone!! I am so excited that I found this forum! I am 26 and from Idaho Falls, Idaho. I am so excited to meet new people and FINALLY for once, voice my opinion.

Welcome to the forum.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
06-07-2013, 03:04 AM
Hello everyone, I am Baz, long time listener/watcher of the thinking atheist channel and pod casts.

Just never got round to making an account! Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Bazza's post
06-07-2013, 09:17 AM
Howdy...Name's Bob and I live in the Chicago 'burbs.

Raised Catholic lite, but drifted into an agnostic mindset during my 20s and 30s.
Joined the Lutheran Church with my wife after we got married, (classes, first communion, the whole shebang), but always remained skeptical.

The unexpected death of my Dad five years ago due to illness was the final straw...

Admitting to myself I am an atheist was one of the most refreshing, life affirming things that has ever happened to me.

And just to be clear, my wife still believes, but we are still very happily married after almost 20 years.

"I always prefer to believe the best of everybody, it saves so much trouble." -- Rudyard Kipling
[+] 1 user Likes Bob T's post
06-07-2013, 09:46 AM
(06-07-2013 09:17 AM)Bob T Wrote:  Howdy...Name's Bob and I live in the Chicago 'burbs.

Raised Catholic lite, but drifted into an agnostic mindset during my 20s and 30s.
Joined the Lutheran Church with my wife after we got married, (classes, first communion, the whole shebang), but always remained skeptical.

The unexpected death of my Dad five years ago due to illness was the final straw...

Admitting to myself I am an atheist was one of the most refreshing, life affirming things that has ever happened to me.

And just to be clear, my wife still believes, but we are still very happily married after almost 20 years.

Welcome to the forum Bob. Thumbsup

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
07-07-2013, 12:40 AM
Hello everyone..glad to have found this forum, it's refreshing to see some like minded people..I began considering myself agnostic right around my senior year of high school..sort of holding onto the possibility and hope of the "what-if?"..more recently I have definitely crossed over into atheism. I lost my mom last year, when I was pregnant with my son, and her first grandson..not sure if that was my final straw, or if I just finally decided to let myself see reason..probably a little bit of both. I live in a small, conservative town in Texas, so I'm definitely a minority! I have been lucky enough to find a couple of like minded people at work, but for the most part I'm not officially "out"..it's just not something I really talk about, just to try to keep peace with people I guess.. My boyfriend (who is a believer, completely) knows, and it is cause for friction from time to time, but we have pretty much agreed to disagree. We haven't really had the "talk" regarding how we will raise our son with regards to religion, but I plan to teach him about all religions, and the truth and let him make his own decisions..I just want him to be able to think for himself. Anyway, I believe I've written a novella, so I will end this and just say I'm happy to be here!
07-07-2013, 04:20 PM
(07-07-2013 12:40 AM)Rae42 Wrote:  Hello everyone..glad to have found this forum, it's refreshing to see some like minded people..I began considering myself agnostic right around my senior year of high school..sort of holding onto the possibility and hope of the "what-if?"..more recently I have definitely crossed over into atheism. I lost my mom last year, when I was pregnant with my son, and her first grandson..not sure if that was my final straw, or if I just finally decided to let myself see reason..probably a little bit of both. I live in a small, conservative town in Texas, so I'm definitely a minority! I have been lucky enough to find a couple of like minded people at work, but for the most part I'm not officially "out"..it's just not something I really talk about, just to try to keep peace with people I guess.. My boyfriend (who is a believer, completely) knows, and it is cause for friction from time to time, but we have pretty much agreed to disagree. We haven't really had the "talk" regarding how we will raise our son with regards to religion, but I plan to teach him about all religions, and the truth and let him make his own decisions..I just want him to be able to think for himself. Anyway, I believe I've written a novella, so I will end this and just say I'm happy to be here!

Welcome Smile
07-07-2013, 05:54 PM
I've enjoyed TTA as a listener but thought I'd actually join the conversation.

I'm a former Episcopal priest who saw the light of reason. Glad I did!

I live in South Carolina in the USA.
[+] 1 user Likes apostatepriest's post
07-07-2013, 06:19 PM
(07-07-2013 05:54 PM)apostatepriest Wrote:  I've enjoyed TTA as a listener but thought I'd actually join the conversation.

I'm a former Episcopal priest who saw the light of reason. Glad I did!

I live in South Carolina in the USA.

Welcome! Thumbsup

Thread Closed