Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
09-07-2013, 06:13 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(09-07-2013 06:08 AM)Editor-TheThinkingAtheist Wrote:  I suppose it's never too late for a formal introduction. Many of you already know me from the site, social media pages, radio podcasts and book, but here goes.

[Image: Seth-Andrews.jpg]

I'm Seth. Recovering Christian. Former religious broadcaster, now atheist activist. Engaged to Natalie. Owner of Rat Dog.

I want an autograph from Roger Federer...

Hello Seth and welcome to the forum. I hope your stay here with us is going to be fruitful and pleasant.

I can't help you with Roger Federer, but maybe I could help you with Goran Ivanisevic autogram. He lives in my town...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
09-07-2013, 06:17 AM
(09-07-2013 06:13 AM)Filox Wrote:  I can't help you with Roger Federer, but maybe I could help you with Goran Ivanisevic autogram. He lives in my town...

You could ask Goran to ask Roger for an autograph...
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
09-07-2013, 06:32 AM
Seth, WTH? No mention of Kat? Or Lazarus the Fish?

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-07-2013, 06:56 AM
(09-07-2013 06:08 AM)Editor-TheThinkingAtheist Wrote:  for the entire cast of Jersey Shore to be waterboarded.

That line alone makes this the best intro I've ever read on here. Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
09-07-2013, 07:54 AM
lol Seth... my wife likes Jersey Shore... so I share your sentiments. But yeah... I guess... welcome to the... ummm forum? I guess? Kind of? Thumbsup

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
09-07-2013, 07:56 AM
Hi, Seth...Hi, all!

I'm a (rather) newly "out" atheist, but I have actually been questioning faith, and searching for the faith that "made sense to me" for about the past 20 years. Having been stymied with just about every Christian sect, Judaism, Buddhism, and even the Mormons, I realized that the reason none of this made sense was that it was in direct conflict with my science-oriented mind. I stopped searching after having a pretty severely special-needs child. I was so mad at any type of god that would allow my son to go through the suffering he's experienced in his 8 years on this Earth.

Eventually, my atheist Libertarian friends urged me to explore atheism. I took their advice and started listening to Hitchens' and Dawkins' audiobooks, and **CLICK!** Everything made sense!

My wife, a former believer and former Catholic school-girl, has been incredibly supportive and has sort of taken this journey with me since our marriage. She's not willing to declare herself atheist, and in fact she has been urging me to NOT come out with family, who are a large part of our support structure, as two of her Great Aunts are Catholic nuns, her grandmother is fervently Catholic, and her mother more of a "cafeteria Catholic".

Anyhow - that's me in a very quick nutshell. I feel incredibly happy to have found the podcast and this community. I look forward to engaging in the discussions and debates contained within it's virtual walls.
[+] 1 user Likes scottkuma's post
09-07-2013, 07:59 AM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2013 11:08 AM by Hughsie.)
(09-07-2013 07:54 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  lol Seth... my wife likes Jersey Shore... so I share your sentiments. But yeah... I guess... welcome to the... ummm forum? I guess? Kind of? Thumbsup

But ..... but ...... I thought your wife was perfect! Weeping

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
09-07-2013, 09:01 AM
So Seth finally makes an appearance?

What is your take on the American Atheists and the monument in Florida. Atheists seem to be becoming a bit too organized for my taste. I think it's a problem when one can quote on a monument 'An atheist believes .......' We like to say things such as a person who doesn't skateboard isn't an askateboarder but no one makes claims that askateboarders believe in or don't believe in something.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
09-07-2013, 12:29 PM
Evil_monster Hello fellow heathens! I was raised by raging atheists and have little bible knowledge with which to argue! Hoping you can help me. I'll keep reading. THANKS!
[+] 1 user Likes ArtMinx's post
09-07-2013, 12:42 PM
Hello and welcome. The babyburgers are on the left table, Bible burning is at 9:00PM and Toss-A-Creationist is at 10:00PM...

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 3 users Like Filox's post
Thread Closed