Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
09-07-2013, 02:11 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hey I'm Sarah. I work for UNESCO in Florence Italy right now. I'm really excited to be on this site. I have been Atheist for 2 years now. I was raised in a Calvinist household. I am also an advocate for civil rights for: People of all races, Women, Homosexuals, and the disabled! I'm sure there are a lot more things out there, but I can only handle solving a few of the problems that religion has created at a time, jk. Okay but most of the problems that happen to those people are religiously based!
I'm excited to read and respond and question and discuss all topics, and I love education! I'm down!
Find all posts by this user
09-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Hey everyone! I'm a long time "lurker" but haven't registered until recently.

I guess my interesting tidbit would be that I should have known I was doomed from about age 5. I remember distinctly the moment that my mother told me Santa Claus didn't exist, I instantly drew a mental line to the stories I was learning in Sunday school and asked, "Well then how can God exist?"

It took me until about age 30 to realize that I should have stayed true to my skeptical nature rather than even bother with church at all. But hey, I can stand here now and say that I'm confident in my decision to NOT believe in God knowing that I've given the contrary a fair shot. He failed. Laughat
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like skygoneblue's post
09-07-2013, 07:43 PM
Hi 22 year old women. I'm from North Carolina. I'm a graphic designer....I just registered here 5 minutes ago....yeaaaaaaa Tongue
10-07-2013, 03:45 AM
Hi! I'm a 35 year old Arizonan man who's been living in the UK since 2004. I've just got a math teaching qualification and I'm looking forward to teaching my future pupils critical thinking in a mathematical context. In the meantime, I wouldn't mind chatting to fellow Atheists, Skeptics, and Rationalists. Big Grin
10-07-2013, 09:31 AM
Hey all,

I'll just say quickly I'm a former RC who was never quite religious so I never gave critical thinking a go until recently, and of course when I did I realized I was an atheist. Lots of great stuff on here, I've been lurking for about a month but now would like to contribute when the mood strikes. Thanks for having me.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
11-07-2013, 06:47 AM
Greetings all! I am new here, and excited to meet all of you. I've been aware of my Atheism for about 11 years now, and enjoy the conversations the topic can stir up.

I don't use sub-categories of Atheism to define my views on religion as I feel Atheism is self-explanatory. I do not hold a belief in God(s). Pretty cut and dry. I am an Agnostic about lots of things, just as everyone else is, and have always found that pre-fix to be unnecessary when attached to Atheist. Just my opinion, I look forward to hearing more about the one's you all hold. See ya around!

-Cheers!
11-07-2013, 12:44 PM
What up world? I've been browsing this site for about a month now, but now I feel it's finally time to jump in. I've acknowledged being an atheist for about 3 years now, but I've been highly skeptical of religion for a couple years prior to that. It's been a long ride on my path to atheism, but it was well worth it and I'm glad to say that I'd rather live with the truth, no matter how discomforting it may be in comparison to a sky daddy watching over us, but it is what it is. We only have one life to live- no afterlife, no neutral spirit world, or anything else of that nature, so we'd best just enjoy the life we have while we can. Before I leave, I'd like to close with this:

"I would love to believe that when I die I will live again, that some thinking, feeling, remembering part of me will continue. But much as I want to believe that, and despite the ancient and worldwide cultural traditions that assert an afterlife, I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful thinking. The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides." - Carl Sagan

Have a nice day!

[Image: 52070869.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes TheDreamMerchant's post
11-07-2013, 01:46 PM

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
11-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Hi I'm a 40ish female with two sons I adore and great family and friends that are driving me nuts lately. I have never joined a forum or blogged. I'm usually too active or working to be on the computer much. I have listened to every pod cast of the Thinking Atheist and have truly related to and enjoyed everyone of them. I was raised Catholic. Something I truly resent, only could never speak out about this as I may offend everyone else in my family. I would like to join this forum to speak to anyone who is not a Christian. Where I live is not too diverse, so forms of Christianity are the only religion I am inundated with on a daily basis. I'm looking forward to connecting with some fellow atheists.
11-07-2013, 07:22 PM
(11-07-2013 07:14 PM)RollerGirl Wrote:  Hi I'm a 40ish female with two sons I adore and great family and friends that are driving me nuts lately. I have never joined a forum or blogged. I'm usually too active or working to be on the computer much. I have listened to every pod cast of the Thinking Atheist and have truly related to and enjoyed everyone of them. I was raised Catholic. Something I truly resent, only could never speak out about this as I may offend everyone else in my family. I would like to join this forum to speak to anyone who is not a Christian. Where I live is not too diverse, so forms of Christianity are the only religion I am inundated with on a daily basis. I'm looking forward to connecting with some fellow atheists.

Welcome to the Forum. Smile

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Thread Closed