Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
13-07-2013, 03:23 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hi, I'm Alan, a 40 year old former Christian (a free thinker since 2000). It's good to be here, and to find out there are so many other people who are not only atheists, but former Christians as well. Smile
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Slade's post
13-07-2013, 04:14 PM
(13-07-2013 03:23 PM)Slade Wrote:  Hi, I'm Alan, a 40 year old former Christian (a free thinker since 2000). It's good to be here, and to find out there are so many other people who are not only atheists, but former Christians as well. Smile

Where are you from ? I'm just curious... Welcome to the forum Smile
13-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Introduce Yourself HERE!
By "curious" he means he wants to stalk you.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
13-07-2013, 05:40 PM
Hi,
I'm new to the website. I've been an Atheist or non believer for a little over a year. For no particular reason other than there was no reason for me to believe in a 'god'. I also studied my ancestors and realized they did not need the aid of religion in order to live their daily lives. So, I have looked at life differently and enjoy the beauty of life without the worry of going to a fictional hell. Thumbsup I also don't have many people in my circle who are Atheists. The person I'm dating is a Christian Blink
(I know, I know), and refuses to discuss religion because they don't like my views. So hopefully I can meet like-minds here.
14-07-2013, 01:09 AM
(13-07-2013 04:52 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  By "curious" he means he wants to stalk you.

Weeping How can I get any stalking done when you always follow me around ?
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
14-07-2013, 09:33 AM
Introduction #4652
Hello, all.

My name is Doug; I'm a 49 year old atheist from the Bible belt. I have a degree in Applied Physics from Georgia Tech. I have a married, believing wife and three kids. The older two children share my lack of faith.

I am a transplanted Midwesterner, who has lived for more than 35 years in the suburbs of Atlanta. I truly feel like I'm a stranger in a strange land. Life is good, though!

"I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination..." - A. Einstein
14-07-2013, 03:49 PM
(14-07-2013 09:33 AM)QuintessentialDoubtingThomas Wrote:  I have a degree in Applied Physics from Georgia Tech. I have a married, believing wife and three kids.

Your wife is married!? You sure about that degree?Laughat

I'm just busting your balls, welcome.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
14-07-2013, 03:54 PM
(14-07-2013 03:49 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(14-07-2013 09:33 AM)QuintessentialDoubtingThomas Wrote:  I have a degree in Applied Physics from Georgia Tech. I have a married, believing wife and three kids.

Your wife is married!? You sure about that degree?Laughat

He didn't say it was his wife, he just says he has one...
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
14-07-2013, 09:28 PM
(14-07-2013 03:54 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(14-07-2013 03:49 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Your wife is married!? You sure about that degree?Laughat

He didn't say it was his wife, he just says he has one...

Touche, in that case someone should probably contact the local authorities. Mods, you got his IP. Get him boys (and gals). And by that, I don't mean as a present.

15-07-2013, 04:33 AM
Hey, my name's Sam. I'm currently attending my local community college. Right now I'm majoring in English, but I plan to transfer out to a university when I get my transcript. In which case I'll be working towards a degree in journalism. Never graduated from a high school, but I got my GED a week before the graduating class I was supposed to be in with a year of work experience.

Not really an atheist, although I identify as agnostic. I fully believe in secularism.

In regards to what kind of journalism I want to do, I'm not certain as of right now. I'm juggling between sports and politics. Writing about sports is definitely more casual and natural for me. Not surprisingly so, seeing as it's the less divisive subject.

For me to become a journalist on politics I'd need some education. So, if you see me around the forums, I'll probably be asking a lot of questions. Don't troll me too hard.

And uhh, to wrap up, how I found this website was randomly. I had come across it a few times before really looking into it. This time I just decided to register and see what it's about. Seems like a pretty intense, intellectual community. I'm definitely not going to be the smartest around, but hopefully it'll be fun.
[+] 1 user Likes JiveYoungKing's post
Thread Closed