Introduce Yourself HERE!

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
17-07-2013, 09:21 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello my name is Charlie. I am a lifelong Catholic and recent apostate. I live in Birmingham, Alabama.

"Laissez nous faire!"

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor will I ever ask another man to live for mine."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-07-2013, 09:22 PM
(17-07-2013 09:21 PM)Crimson Flyboy Wrote:  Hello my name is Charlie. I am a lifelong Catholic and recent apostate. I live in Birmingham, Alabama.

Oh no, not more from Alabama! Just kidding mate, good to have you on board. Smile

PS. Birmingham is in England, be original and stop nicking our place names. Thumbsup

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
17-07-2013, 09:26 PM
(17-07-2013 09:22 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(17-07-2013 09:21 PM)Crimson Flyboy Wrote:  Hello my name is Charlie. I am a lifelong Catholic and recent apostate. I live in Birmingham, Alabama.

Oh no, not more from Alabama! Just kidding mate, good to have you on board. Smile

PS. Birmingham is in England, be original and stop nicking our place names. Thumbsup

Thanks, if we didn't steal y'all's names, we wouldn't have any.

"Laissez nous faire!"

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor will I ever ask another man to live for mine."
[+] 2 users Like Crimson Flyboy's post
17-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Introduce Yourself HERE!
(17-07-2013 09:26 PM)Crimson Flyboy Wrote:  
(17-07-2013 09:22 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Oh no, not more from Alabama! Just kidding mate, good to have you on board. Smile

Thanks, if we didn't steal y'all's names, we wouldn't have any.

Muricans do a better job with those names than those people ever did. Tongue

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
17-07-2013, 10:07 PM
Re: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Oddly enough I live in proper Birmingham UK... And for the record its pronounced Bur-ming-em
17-07-2013, 10:17 PM
(17-07-2013 10:07 PM)kittg Wrote:  Oddly enough I live in proper Birmingham UK... And for the record its pronounced Bur-ming-em

Interesting. In Birmingham, AL we pronounce it Bur-Meen-HAM, with an emphasis on the HAM.

"Laissez nous faire!"

17-07-2013, 10:24 PM
Of course Alabama puts the emphasis on the ham. Why? It the fattiest part of the name. Big Grin

Just kidding, I'm from the fat state of TN. Welcome.

17-07-2013, 11:01 PM
(17-07-2013 10:24 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Of course Alabama puts the emphasis on the ham. Why? It the fattiest part of the name. Big Grin

Weeping

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
18-07-2013, 08:54 AM
Re: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Well if you want to hear a proper Birmingham accent go no further than Ozzie oxbourne... And oddly enough Birmingham UK has the highest levels of obesity in the UK... And an endemic black poverty problem... Funny old world
18-07-2013, 09:36 AM
Hi all,

I am new to the site. I was raised from around the age of 8 (now 47) in fundamentalist evangelical christianity. I began the process of leaving about 5 or 6 years ago, and finally freed myself and accepted that I no longer believed it about 2 years ago. I have 2 children and am very glad that I also removed them from that toxic environment and am now raising them to think for themselves and seek the truth, based on evidence, whatever it may be.

Cheers,
Steve (aka meremortal)
[+] 2 users Like meremortal's post