Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
31-07-2013, 03:47 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(31-07-2013 02:45 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(31-07-2013 02:27 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  MAN up, Ferdy.

You'd like that, wouldn't you?

[Image: O4MzwCh.gif]

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
31-07-2013, 05:06 PM
(31-07-2013 03:47 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(31-07-2013 02:45 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  You'd like that, wouldn't you?

[Image: O4MzwCh.gif]

That's what I thought.
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
01-08-2013, 05:38 AM
I'm Christopher
been a huge fan of TTA for a long time now. Figured it's time to get on here and do some critical thinking and learn some more. Smile I live in Germany and don't plan to leave. I am an American though for the time being anyway Smile
03-08-2013, 12:38 AM
Hello,

My name is Kitty and I'm relatively recently an atheist. I was raised by a Church of Christ Reverend/Bible scholar, who was horribly dogmatic and hypocritical. At some point I began questioning my life, and how much I hated myself for being bisexual (not my only piece church-based guilt!) until eventually I realised that I just couldn't believe anymore.

It was really hard moving away from the church, so for a while I started practicing Paganism as a way to keep some form of ritual and spirituality in my life. I never really believed it, but it made me feel better and it was lots of fun. Then, earlier this year, I came to the realisation that it was stupid labelling myself as a religion I didn't believe in, and which I no longer practiced. That's when I finally accepted atheism into my heart Wink

I found this site through Facebook, after a rash of following atheist pages to annoy my mother (long story). I've since started listening to the podcast and reading the facebook posts and it's actually a lot of fun reading through the debates and comments. I rarely comment myself, which is a trend I don't see changing as a member of a forum, I much prefer to listen quietly and occasionally throw in my two cents.

That is much longer than I intended so...

TL;DR: Hi I'm Kitty, and I'm a survivor of Christian indoctrination.

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
[+] 2 users Like PharaohKatt's post
03-08-2013, 04:55 AM
Hey, everyone. I've been lurking around as a guest for a few months, but finally decided to hop into the forum a few minutes ago. I'm indecisive.

Anyway, as far as introductions go, I'm a young atheist (in every sense of the word) writing from northwestern Oregon, far removed from the Bible Belt, and the secular capital of the US. It would be great, if only I didn't live in a tiny town called Damascus, where it seems like every fundamentalist for 50 miles has made into a fortified bunker of stupid in an otherwise reasonable area. "If we came from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?", "Just look at the trees!", and even the "Bananas are made for our hands!" (yes, really) arguments are what I hear on a weekly basis.

Debating and debunking these are sometimes therapeutic, but more often than not I feel like it's an uphill battle, especially when the same argument I refute comes back time and time again, often from the same person.
I know that for many of you my situation is one that you've heard before, but I figure that my generic "atheist in a bible-thumpin' community" scenario is one that should be told right out of the gate.

Unrelated to theism and atheism, I am a novice tenor saxophone player, a 1st degree black belt in Taekwondo, and a rabid sci-fi and fantasy fan.

Looking forward to spending time here posting, instead of lurking.

Ignorance is bliss. Better than that is actually knowing what the Censored is going on.
[+] 1 user Likes TheHappyHeretic's post
03-08-2013, 08:18 AM
Welcome, new members Smile
03-08-2013, 06:45 PM
Hello, everybody. My name is Mike. I've recently become an atheist, after about seven years of Christianity. Originally from upstate New York, but I've been living in southern Missouri for most of my life. Yes, right in the Bible Belt. Sometimes it seems like there is a church every other square mile.

Earlier this year, I started questioning my faith, and found some Atheist videos on YouTube. I found myself really agreeing with them, and they really got me thinking. I eventually found TTA and watched the videos and loved them. Eventually made the jump to Atheism not long after that, and it's really been amazing. It's really been nice seeing other former Christians telling their stories and seeing that I'm not the only one.

Other than that, I'm an avid music lover (mainly rock, alternative, punk, indie, metal, etc.), huge gamer, lover of many nerd things. Also into history and politics. Oh, and I should be going back to college this fall, hopefully.

I hope to talk to and read the posts of the awesome people on here.
03-08-2013, 10:15 PM
@Kitty @Happy @Razzle

Welcome, hope you like it here. Big Grin
04-08-2013, 07:53 PM
Hey guys! I'm an atheist from Pennsylvania who is unfortunately named Christian. I'm not new to these forums; I've actually been creeping on you all for about a month. I finally decided to make myself a username today so that I can join in on some discussions. I'm a science enthusiast who loves to learn about this amazingly extraordinary object known as our universe.

I'm looking forward to chatting with all of you!
05-08-2013, 12:06 AM
(04-08-2013 07:53 PM)Systemmm Wrote:  Hey guys! I'm an atheist from Pennsylvania who is unfortunately named Christian. I'm not new to these forums; I've actually been creeping on you all for about a month. I finally decided to make myself a username today so that I can join in on some discussions. I'm a science enthusiast who loves to learn about this amazingly extraordinary object known as our universe.

I'm looking forward to chatting with all of you!

Welcome to TTA! Big Grin
Thread Closed