Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
17-08-2013, 01:00 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hey,
I'm a new member in the community. I've been floating around the podcasts on youtube for years and just recently got involved with a secular student alliance at my school. Seth's podcasts have really been an inspiration for me and helped to open my eyes to certain things. I wanted to reach out to a community of like minded people so I figured I would join. I don't come from a traditional religious background but that doesn't mean I haven't been through the "religion machine" and boy does it feel good to get away from it. I don't know if this is the right place to discuss that though.
Find all posts by this user
17-08-2013, 07:56 AM
Hello, Just joined this morning. I'm a fairly established atheist who thinks atheism is no big deal and just get on with life. I live in England just on the border with Scotland where nothing much is any big deal anyway.

Looking for a forum to shoot the breeze with like minded people.
17-08-2013, 11:52 PM
Hey there Big Grin

I'm a 19 year old student living in North Carolina. If I'm not reading or writing, I'm playing games or listening to whatever shows up on 8tracks XD.

I've identified as an atheist since I was in high school, after taking a very eye opening AP World History class. Interest led to reading and reading led to personal observation of my surroundings and then skepticism and so on. I come from a very devout Catholic family who's been pretty reasonable about letting me have my opinions thus far, not sure about the future though...

Anywho, I look forward to using this forum as much as I can, and be able to gain insight and knowledge from my fellow skeptics/agnostic/atheists ^_^
18-08-2013, 06:34 AM
I used to give every member a personal greeting,but you guys come in like bees to honey.
Welcome all.
Kobus,nederlands,huh? Welkom

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
18-08-2013, 08:19 AM
Hello! I am a 35 year old woman living in Utah. I am a relative newcomer to atheism. I was raised in a Christian household and after moving away to college, slowly began my journey from believer to agnostic to atheist. I haven't really come out to any other than my husband. I'm happy to be here and look forward to learning from and conversing with the folks here.
18-08-2013, 02:11 PM
Hi everyone, I am excited to be a part of this forum and hope to learn much from everyone here!
18-08-2013, 11:03 PM
Brick RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello, everyone. I am Joe and I have been an atheist for the last 13yrs, a christian about 20yrs before that. Been listening to TTA for about a year now. I look forward to a lot of spirited debates/discussions.Drinking Beverage
19-08-2013, 09:32 AM
I just recently deconverted from Christianity, after a long time of going back and forth with questions and doubts. I just discovered this site after reading Seth's book, and am enjoying it.
19-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Welcome clive, urbane and cmedina

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
19-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Re: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello, awesome atheists! I'm Jesse. I'm 33, live in Utah and have been an atheist for just over one year. I grew up in a very conservative Baptist family and love being out of religion. It is so freeing! My family doesn't know but they live in another state, so it's really not a problem. I look forward to being a part of the community here.
Thread Closed