Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
19-08-2013, 08:02 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello! I'm a 20 year old man from California. I became a skeptic at the age of 15 and an open atheist at the age of 17. I was raised Catholic and started to question religion after having to attend the funeral of my close friend that passed away of leukemia at the age of 15. There seemed to be no answer that religion could offer that justified her death. At that time I had realized that there couldn't be a god. At the age of 17, I openly renounced my faith in god and the holy spirit to my family. Since then, I've found more comfort grasping reality, logic, and rational reasoning. Thank you for letting me be apart of this awesome forum!

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God. – Epicurus
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes DoubtisHumble's post
19-08-2013, 10:25 PM
(19-08-2013 08:02 PM)DoubtisHumble Wrote:  Hello! I'm a 20 year old man from California. I became a skeptic at the age of 15 and an open atheist at the age of 17. I was raised Catholic and started to question religion after having to attend the funeral of my close friend that passed away of leukemia at the age of 15. There seemed to be no answer that religion could offer that justified her death. At that time I had realized that there couldn't be a god. At the age of 17, I openly renounced my faith in god and the holy spirit to my family. Since then, I've found more comfort grasping reality, logic, and rational reasoning. Thank you for letting me be apart of this awesome forum!

Hello, I'm a 50 yo skeptic who like you came of age at the ripe old age of 15 yo. Thumbsup

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
20-08-2013, 04:32 AM
Hey homeys,

My name is Mark Dreher.

A very famous person, in some circles.

But, you don't know me from Adam.

I'm sure.

So let's fix that.

No?

Love,

Mark Dreher
20-08-2013, 05:19 AM
(20-08-2013 04:32 AM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  A very famous person, in some circles.

Rolleyes Go on then, whatcha famous for ? Google says you're some kinda nutrition freak, unless you're less famous than that guy ?
20-08-2013, 05:50 AM
http://thenewholybible.org/
?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
20-08-2013, 06:08 AM
(20-08-2013 05:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  

Rolleyes Go on then, whatcha famous for ? Google says you're some kinda nutrition freak, unless you're less famous than that guy ?

Oh gosh, you don't want to know, if you are a real atheist.

I am someone, who could convince you, that God is real.

Yikes.

(but with love, you know.)
20-08-2013, 06:13 AM
(20-08-2013 05:50 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  http://thenewholybible.org/
?

Hey Hafnof,

What is it that you would like me to do?

"Prove to you that God is real"

Through a published article huh?

OK, no problamo.

I don't know if they allow links, for newbies.

But, I do have one, and it is my own.

http://thenewholybible.org/atheists_here...of_God.htm

There you go.
20-08-2013, 06:16 AM
(20-08-2013 05:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  

No no my dear.

To find me on Google, use the keywords "mark dreher bible".

5.5 million hits.

Most of them, actually about me.

Holy shit.
20-08-2013, 06:24 AM
(20-08-2013 06:13 AM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  
(20-08-2013 05:50 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  http://thenewholybible.org/
?
Hey Hafnof,

My question was simply "this Mark Dreher?", but with your answer I think I can move onto my next query: Are you the new forum troll, uninterested in anything about the sound of your own voice... or do have anything interesting to say? If you're interested in behaving like a human being I'm sure you'll be welcome here Smile

I'd suggest launching into apologetics in a separate thread where it will get its due attention rather than dropping it into the generic introductions thread.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
20-08-2013, 06:54 AM
(20-08-2013 06:24 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  
(20-08-2013 06:13 AM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  Hey Hafnof,

My question was simply "this Mark Dreher?", but with your answer I think I can move onto my next query: Are you the new forum troll, uninterested in anything about the sound of your own voice... or do have anything interesting to say? If you're interested in behaving like a human being I'm sure you'll be welcome here Smile

I'd suggest launching into apologetics in a separate thread where it will get its due attention rather than dropping it into the generic introductions thread.

Oh my goodness.

Four insults, in two paragraphs.

A new record.

You have a talent.

You have a talent.

No, my dear, all that I care about, is that you know that God is real.

And

I can easily prove that.

I am a simple man.

Just doing what's right.

In the service

Of God.
Thread Closed