Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
25-08-2013, 05:29 AM (This post was last modified: 25-08-2013 05:49 AM by smoothcriminal.)
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello, My name is Jordan, I'm 26 fixin to be 27, I live in Tennessee and I'm married no kids but has 3 fur babies Smile not sure how long I've been an Atheist but I just recently told my very religious parents. anyways, I work at a call center and I freaking hate it but it pays the bills so for now it will do. My husband is the one who told me about this forum so, I thought I would check it out Smile Hello y'all.

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes smoothcriminal's post
25-08-2013, 05:43 AM
(25-08-2013 05:29 AM)smoothcriminal Wrote:  Hello, My name is Jordan, I'm 26 fixin to be 27, I live in Tennessee and I'm married no kids but has 3 fur babies Smile not sure how long I've been an Atheist but I just recently told my very religious parents. anyways, I work at a call center and I freaking hate it but it pays the bills so for now it will due. My husband is the one who told me about this forum so, I thought I would check it out Smile Hello y'all.

Welcome y'all Smile
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
25-08-2013, 07:21 AM
(25-08-2013 05:29 AM)smoothcriminal Wrote:  Hello, My name is Jordan, I'm 26 fixin to be 27, I live in Tennessee and I'm married no kids but has 3 fur babies Smile not sure how long I've been an Atheist but I just recently told my very religious parents. anyways, I work at a call center and I freaking hate it but it pays the bills so for now it will do. My husband is the one who told me about this forum so, I thought I would check it out Smile Hello y'all.

Ahhhhh, you must be Danny Boy's significant other.

Welcome.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
25-08-2013, 07:23 AM
(25-08-2013 07:21 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(25-08-2013 05:29 AM)smoothcriminal Wrote:  Hello, My name is Jordan, I'm 26 fixin to be 27, I live in Tennessee and I'm married no kids but has 3 fur babies Smile not sure how long I've been an Atheist but I just recently told my very religious parents. anyways, I work at a call center and I freaking hate it but it pays the bills so for now it will do. My husband is the one who told me about this forum so, I thought I would check it out Smile Hello y'all.

Ahhhhh, you must be Danny Boy's significant other.

Welcome.

yes, I am Smile Thank you Smile

26-08-2013, 05:05 PM
I'm a 25 year old geology Master's student from South Africa (no not black), starting field work for my PhD in Antartica in November.

Deconverted ~13 months ago after being raised christian protestant (Dutch Reformed), reading Atlas Shrugged a few years ago got the ball rolling (agree with idealised Randian capitalism, but the real world and morality are not simple enough to be an all out objectivist) because it was the first alternative world view that I really considered. I was not even familiar with the term atheism till I read The God Delusion, which freed my mind.

I'm selectivly open about my atheism (my right wing extended family don't need to know).
27-08-2013, 12:32 AM
(26-08-2013 05:05 PM)DarkBlack Wrote:  I'm a 25 year old geology Master's student from South Africa (no not black), starting field work for my PhD in Antartica in November.

Deconverted ~13 months ago after being raised christian protestant (Dutch Reformed), reading Atlas Shrugged a few years ago got the ball rolling (agree with idealised Randian capitalism, but the real world and morality are not simple enough to be an all out objectivist) because it was the first alternative world view that I really considered. I was not even familiar with the term atheism till I read The God Delusion, which freed my mind.

I'm selectivly open about my atheism (my right wing extended family don't need to know).

Word up Smile I'm in SA too! Joburg. Going to Antarctica... wow Smile Which uni are you at, if you don't mind my asking ?
28-08-2013, 07:51 AM
Hello. I'm a 48 year-old male living in the Austin, TX area. I recently came out of the closet about my unbelief about 2 years ago and I am currently devouring all the information I can find on the topic.

"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED"
"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
28-08-2013, 08:16 PM

Howdy howdy ho. [Image: Tip-Hat.gif]

Wait ... did I already do this? ... Ah fuck it. I don't give a shit.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
28-08-2013, 08:45 PM
(28-08-2013 08:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Howdy howdy ho. [Image: Tip-Hat.gif]

Wait ... did I already do this? ... Ah fuck it. I don't give a shit.

No, you didn't lol Smile

[+] 1 user Likes smoothcriminal's post
29-08-2013, 09:17 AM
Hello,

I have been visiting this forum for a while now. I think I have read almost every post. I find this site to be a breath of fresh air. I have hung out on freerepublic for many years but I just can't stand all the religious nuts on there any more. Been told I rely too much on reason too many times. Every science thread becomes a debate about evolution and the anti-science mentality over there is stunning.

In addition to being an atheist I am an Objectivist so I am used to being hated. I have two sets of horns instead of one LOL. That's OK I can take it. I enjoy debating though I am not great at it. I have very much enjoyed reading the debates on this forum. I don't expect I'll post very much since I don't have much free time and I don't like to get into debates unless I can finish them but I would like to comment occasionally.

I don't ever try to convert people but if I'm asked about it I tell people what I believe and why. I believe that reason is man's only tool for gaining knowledge and that it is immoral to accept anything on faith.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
Thread Closed