Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
31-08-2013, 09:11 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Brandon, fifteen, I'll be sixteen in twenty-two days. I was a Methodist christian until three or so years ago; at first I believed in basically everything the Bible claimed, then believed in God, Satan, Heaven and Hell, but that the Big Bang caused the Universe's expansion and that evolution is responsible for life, then I decided to simply drop the faith altogether, after reading the Bible more scrupulously.

Now I'm an Agnostic atheist, who is also anti-religious. I study a deal of physics, chemistry, and biology, and plan on becoming a theoretical physicist. I have a rather advanced (for my age, at least) understanding of physical properties and how the Universe came to be, such as the Big Bang, how stars and black holes form, etcetera, and a decent amount of knowledge concerning evolution, speciation, and so on. (Knowledge is the most important subject of life one can pursue, in my opinion.)

I enjoy debating, as it helps me understand others' opinions, and possibly change some opinions of my own to better myself. And also it's simply entertaining to me.

Later in my life, should I retire from pure scientific research, I may take to educating others as a professor at some university.

As hobbies, I write stories (currently writing three simultaneously) and read scientific journals.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brandon's post
01-09-2013, 01:14 PM
Good morrow my fellow Homo Sapiens (excluding Earmuffs of course). My name is (classified), I am a 13 year old Atheistic Agnostic who lives at (classified). I enjoy reading and playing Video games, especially games in the Zelda series, as you may have guessed from my profile picture and signature. I like classical music, and despise most pop music. I'm learning how to play piano. I try not to be an anti-religious bigot like some people on this forum (guess who), but I HATE being preached to. I try to study the different religions to see if there is any chance of them being true or moral. I am currently reading the Book of Mormon, and awaiting the arrival of the Skeptic's Annotated Bible for this reason. If any of you want to give me free stuff, please don't hesitate.

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
01-09-2013, 04:30 PM
(31-08-2013 09:11 AM)Brandon Wrote:  Brandon, fifteen, I'll be sixteen in twenty-two days. I was a Methodist christian until three or so years ago; at first I believed in basically everything the Bible claimed, then believed in God, Satan, Heaven and Hell, but that the Big Bang caused the Universe's expansion and that evolution is responsible for life, then I decided to simply drop the faith altogether, after reading the Bible more scrupulously.

Now I'm an Agnostic atheist, who is also anti-religious. I study a deal of physics, chemistry, and biology, and plan on becoming a theoretical physicist. I have a rather advanced (for my age, at least) understanding of physical properties and how the Universe came to be, such as the Big Bang, how stars and black holes form, etcetera, and a decent amount of knowledge concerning evolution, speciation, and so on. (Knowledge is the most important subject of life one can pursue, in my opinion.)

I enjoy debating, as it helps me understand others' opinions, and possibly change some opinions of my own to better myself. And also it's simply entertaining to me.

Later in my life, should I retire from pure scientific research, I may take to educating others as a professor at some university.

As hobbies, I write stories (currently writing three simultaneously) and read scientific journals.

It's nice to see younger members joining. Hope you like it here and decide to stick around. I think you'll find what you like here though. Smile
02-09-2013, 07:16 AM
Hello there,
My name is Amit. I'm from Bangladesh. I was brought up a Baptist - Christian. Currently an Atheist. I'm interested in Astronomy, History, Music (I play bass). I'm studying BBA at North South University.
Feels good to be among a community of freethinkers! Smile
[+] 1 user Likes amitbaroi's post
02-09-2013, 03:39 PM
What an incredible website! My life has been immersed in religion. I went to church from (nearly) the day I was born until last year. I've been at war with my faith most of my life though - never understanding so many of the contradictions and hypocrisy. Most importantly, never understanding who I AM, who I was meant to be, etc. I was always trying to conform to the church, the bible, the interpretations of so many "well respected scholars" - but it never gave me peace. The most compelling part of my story actually belongs to my older brother. He came out as gay when he was 17. I have never met a more talented, full of life, yet miserable person in my life. He too suffered through acceptance of himself and fighting off the years of dogma, blah, blah...his later years before he passed away were filled with him accepting who he was and dispensing with religion entirely. Knowing his struggle and hearing him say "I've been gay my entire life, this is who I am" haunted me and caused me to question what sin really is, how can some be "cursed" from the day they're born, what about people who've never heard about Jesus? All the questions I'm sure some of you have wondered. I'm 42 years old and have never felt more peace than I do now! I could never say that in all these years of church-going and attempts to "do better tomorrow, than I did today" - Hence the username: forfreedom - to my brother Todd, I dedicate this to you!
[+] 3 users Like forfreedom's post
02-09-2013, 05:21 PM
(02-06-2013 08:24 PM)theword Wrote:  Hello, how is everyone? I hope to engage in some interesting conversations here. I will respect your opinions, I hope you can respect mine.
But then again, respect is a two way street. We will see what happens. Thanks.

And so the legend is born. Laugh out load

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes TSG's post
04-09-2013, 09:45 PM
Hello everyone. Name is Nancy. I'm 28 years old & I live in Egypt ... an ex-muslim and currently an atheist for nearly 3 months .. so you can say I'm kind of a new born Big Grin
I became an atheist because of what happened on the hands of the terrorist Islamic groups in my country ... Their lies and deceit made me question everything I've ever believed in, and the most bugging questions I had were "What if what's written in history was a lie? what if Islam (or religion) wasn't what I thought it is?

So I started freeing my mind and reading ... and the stuff I found weren't pleasant at all I tell you ... so here I am, still seeking more knowledge and more mind freedom ...Of course as an atheist in a Muslim family any announcement of that will be my death sentence ... So I continue to to secretly seek knowledge until I get the means to fly away to my freedom Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Princess of Void's post
04-09-2013, 10:06 PM
(04-09-2013 09:45 PM)Princess of Void Wrote:  Hello everyone. Name is Nancy. I'm 28 years old & I live in Egypt ... an ex-muslim and currently an atheist for nearly 3 months .. so you can say I'm kind of a new born Big Grin
I became an atheist because of what happened on the hands of the terrorist Islamic groups in my country ... Their lies and deceit made me question everything I've ever believed in, and the most bugging questions I had were "What if what's written in history was a lie? what if Islam (or religion) wasn't what I thought it is?

So I started freeing my mind and reading ... and the stuff I found weren't pleasant at all I tell you ... so here I am, still seeking more knowledge and more mind freedom ...Of course as an atheist in a Muslim family any announcement of that will be my death sentence ... So I continue to to secretly seek knowledge until I get the means to fly away to my freedom Smile

I wish there was an atheist equivalent to "our prayers are with you".

I can't think of one so I'll just say ...

Welcome aboard.

You'll find a predominantly non-christian rather than non-islamic membership here. It will be good to address that imbalance.

Smile

04-09-2013, 10:11 PM
(02-09-2013 07:16 AM)amitbaroi Wrote:  Hello there,
My name is Amit. I'm from Bangladesh. I was brought up a Baptist - Christian. Currently an Atheist. I'm interested in Astronomy, History, Music (I play bass). I'm studying BBA at North South University.
Feels good to be among a community of freethinkers! Smile

Awesome
The more easterners the better.

Welcome.

Shouldn't 'North South University' be called Central?

04-09-2013, 10:13 PM
(02-09-2013 03:39 PM)forfreedom Wrote:  ...
Hence the username: forfreedom - to my brother Todd, I dedicate this to you!

[Image: braveheart-mel-gibson.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
Thread Closed