Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
10-09-2013, 03:14 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello. I am glad to here. I am Saffe.
I like games and D3 is my favorite game. In the game, I play Monk and get some diablo 3 gold to level up.
Find all posts by this user
11-09-2013, 01:01 AM
Hello, I'm Xavier and I'm an 18 year old college student, who actually have been atheist for about a couple of years now. Until then I had explored a few religious beliefs tying to find the suit that fit and non of them did, until I stumbled across the atheist community and it felt right and it made so much sense for the first time and I've been one since then.

I have been listening to the podcast for about a year now, and I thought that I'd try the forums.
11-09-2013, 05:01 PM
Smile RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
[size=medium]Challows! My name is d, Im 25 from El Paso Tx. Ive been and atheist to some degree for almost all my life, but just barely getting into the atheist community. It can be pretty lonely as an atheist here, especially since El Paso shares a border with Mexico, and unfortunately being Hispanic is almost synonymous with being religious. Really looking forward to being a part of the forum. Smile Oh and I also had a question where can I send Seth an email? Been looking all over the site cant find an email address... Thanks Smile
[/size
]
12-09-2013, 07:44 AM
(11-09-2013 05:01 PM)ReddSopia Wrote:  [size=medium]Challows! My name is d, Im 25 from El Paso Tx. Ive been and atheist to some degree for almost all my life, but just barely getting into the atheist community. It can be pretty lonely as an atheist here, especially since El Paso shares a border with Mexico, and unfortunately being Hispanic is almost synonymous with being religious. Really looking forward to being a part of the forum. Smile Oh and I also had a question where can I send Seth an email? Been looking all over the site cant find an email address... Thanks Smile
[/size
]

Welcome.

Seth can be reached at editor@thethinkingatheist.com

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-09-2013, 08:44 AM
Hi guys. I'm a 19 year old college student from the U.S. (Kentucky specifically). I'm studying psychology, as my username might suggest, and I'm hoping to be a clinical psychologist. I'm also studying Spanish. I grew up Catholic but I've been certain that I'm an atheist since the beginning of this year. Still have yet to come out to basically everyone except my boyfriend. I think that's all the basic stuff about me.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-09-2013, 01:46 PM
(12-09-2013 08:44 AM)psychoticpsychologist1994 Wrote:  Hi guys. I'm a 19 year old college student from the U.S. (Kentucky specifically). I'm studying psychology, as my username might suggest, and I'm hoping to be a clinical psychologist. I'm also studying Spanish. I grew up Catholic but I've been certain that I'm an atheist since the beginning of this year. Still have yet to come out to basically everyone except my boyfriend. I think that's all the basic stuff about me.

Your name is awesome, please make this your profile pic, it just fits it
[Image: judge-doom1.jpg]

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
12-09-2013, 03:23 PM
Greetings all,
Just a brief explanation of who I am and my journey.

I was indoctrinated by my parents/family/friends into the roman catholic religion. I was sent to catholic grammar school for 8 years and attended church until about the time I was 12 or 13. About that time I came to realize that none of this made any sense. Upon graduating I was given the choice of continuing on to a catholic high school or public high school. My father having been in and out of work didn't have much money so the option was there. I attended a science oriented high public high school where I started to grow mentally and regress into drugs at the same time.
As the years went by I went from being a catholic, to being a lapsed catholic, to an agnostic and finally to atheist. Being science minded, the bible came to be simply nonsense.
As I became interested in and read history I learned of the atrocities that religions were responsible for. It took years to come to understand the idea that religious people can and are good but that it is religion and the doctrines that they enforce on others that is evil.
I've lost a few close friends over the years that I do miss dearly but their religiousness prevents them from maintaining contact as tho I would taint and poison family with non traditional ideas. I kind of feel sorry for them that they live under such a rock with their eyes closed. On the other hand, I have met some other wonderful people and have opened my eyes to what is truly beautiful... the universe in all it's grandeur.
The journey continues....
12-09-2013, 03:40 PM
Video RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
My name is Derek. I am a lifelong atheist. I can pinpoint the event that happened when I was six where I lost all belief in the supernatural. The event was a pleasant event. I just stopped believing in things that "go bump in the night", including the specifically Catholic god that I was being taught about in school. I NEVER looked back.

I'm 47 years old and I live in Toronto, Ontario CANADA.

I have been watching TTA videos and listening to the podcast for about a year now. I felt it was about time I joined the "community". I chose now because I just finished listening to "Atheists Who Changed The World" and wanted to mention the three most important atheists (not mentioned on the podcast) who worked in the film industry who were my favourites! I hope I can share them with the board once (if?) my posting privileges are given!

Hoping to contribute more in the future!

DEREK
12-09-2013, 07:38 PM
Greetings,
Life long questioner of faith...even through my CDC years as a child. I remember thinking through those classes as a child and wondering why the hell I was there.

Kept my beliefs to myself throughout my teenage years...although went to church with various girl friends...as that was my pathway to a greater place (if you know what I mean Big Grin )...but never "got it"...

I joined the US Air Force when I was 19 (circa 1988)...and even continued to go to church during Basic Military Training and throughout Technical School...as it was 1.5 hours free from the stress of constant yelling.

Even baptized all 4 of my children and named "god" parents...all throughout I was never convinced...and just went along with it to avoid arguments or get into panties...

Fast forward 20 years, I'm 44, been in the USAF for the past 25.5 years, and am getting ready to retire...so I finally shook off the family guilt, and came out of the Atheist closet this past June.
LIBERATED!

So, I'm 44, currently married to wife #2 for 20.5 years (she's a believer), have 4 kids, 24,22,21 & 19 ...the children turned out fine Smile

So I'm heading into another chapter in my life, and now have dedicated all my spare time to listening to podcasts, watching videos, reading blogs/sites, googling the shit out of everything to learn as much as possible. I'm ready to dig through the big 3 fiction books to prep for my inevitable debates. I CAN'T WAIT!

Anyway...excited...thanks for having a place for me to ramble on Smile Thumbsup
12-09-2013, 08:31 PM
(12-09-2013 07:38 PM)½îñ§ÅÑΣ Wrote:  Greetings,
Life long questioner of faith...even through my CDC years as a child. I remember thinking through those classes as a child and wondering why the hell I was there.

Kept my beliefs to myself throughout my teenage years...although went to church with various girl friends...as that was my pathway to a greater place (if you know what I mean Big Grin )...but never "got it"...

I joined the US Air Force when I was 19 (circa 1988)...and even continued to go to church during Basic Military Training and throughout Technical School...as it was 1.5 hours free from the stress of constant yelling.

Even baptized all 4 of my children and named "god" parents...all throughout I was never convinced...and just went along with it to avoid arguments or get into panties...

Fast forward 20 years, I'm 44, been in the USAF for the past 25.5 years, and am getting ready to retire...so I finally shook off the family guilt, and came out of the Atheist closet this past June.
LIBERATED!

So, I'm 44, currently married to wife #2 for 20.5 years (she's a believer), have 4 kids, 24,22,21 & 19 ...the children turned out fine Smile

So I'm heading into another chapter in my life, and now have dedicated all my spare time to listening to podcasts, watching videos, reading blogs/sites, googling the shit out of everything to learn as much as possible. I'm ready to dig through the big 3 fiction books to prep for my inevitable debates. I CAN'T WAIT!

Anyway...excited...thanks for having a place for me to ramble on Smile Thumbsup

Welcome!

What the fuck should I call you? Huh

[Image: giphy.gif]
Thread Closed