Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
21-09-2013, 12:00 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(21-09-2013 11:43 AM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  
(21-09-2013 11:25 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Hey, asshole... the unwritten policy is to "be nice" on intro threads. Angry

Don't you see the irony of your post? Consider

My response to him was not in the intro section... douchebag. Big Grin

...and if you mean you, you're not a n00b, yer already a regular. Gloves are off. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-09-2013, 01:07 PM

(21-09-2013 11:54 AM)morondog Wrote:  It is an iron post...

What is an iron post?

(21-09-2013 12:00 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  My response to him was not in the intro section... douchebag. Big Grin ...and if you mean you,

Obviously I do. When you quote someone and then write in second person, you are by default addressing the person quoted.

(21-09-2013 12:00 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  you're not a n00b, yer already a regular. Gloves are off. Tongue

And how am I supposed to know whether you mean seriously or not? Your remark contained what is normally considered an insult, and an angry smiley. In the absence of additional info, I took it on face value.
Please be more clear in the future. Communication via keyboard is deficient, and on top of that, English is not my native language.
21-09-2013, 01:17 PM
(21-09-2013 01:07 PM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  Communication via keyboard is deficient, and on top of that, English is not my native language.

Nah Raptor, HoC is OK - and ... we're pretty much all assholes around here... it can be kind of a "term of endearment". Wink

What is your native language? ... Yes, I'm too lazy to search if you've posted it. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
21-09-2013, 01:23 PM
Also... HoC is correct, it is a rule that confrontation is not to take place in the Introductions threads. Once they get in the door and out in the open... then they can be fair game. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
21-09-2013, 01:25 PM

(21-09-2013 01:17 PM)kim Wrote:  Nah Raptor, HoC is OK - and ... we're pretty much all assholes around here... it can be kind of a "term of endearment". Wink

So, he was wrong when he said that I'm no longer a n00b... Smile OK, still learning.

(21-09-2013 01:17 PM)kim Wrote:  What is your native language? ... Yes, I'm too lazy to search if you've posted it. Dodgy

No, I didn't post it. I would prefer not to reveal it unless necessary.

Wait a minute... Aren't you, as a mod, able to see my location? Consider
21-09-2013, 01:34 PM
(21-09-2013 01:25 PM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  
(21-09-2013 01:17 PM)kim Wrote:  Nah Raptor, HoC is OK - and ... we're pretty much all assholes around here... it can be kind of a "term of endearment". Wink

So, he was wrong when he said that I'm no longer a n00b... Smile OK, still learning.

Oh, I kind of go along with him - you've been here at least a month - I'd say you are beyond n00b. Shy

(21-09-2013 01:25 PM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  Wait a minute... Aren't you, as a mod, able to see my location? Consider

I'm pretty certain I used the word "lazy" in reference to myself. Dodgy

No matter... I was just curious.
We have a couple of maps around here somewhere for members to show their location. Haven't seen that in a while... people usually just tell and leave it at that. Drinking Beverage

21-09-2013, 01:36 PM
(20-09-2013 04:46 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Hola,

English is not my first language, so I hope u'll cut me some slack if (or more likely, when ) I make mistakes writing.

I am an atheist all my life, I guess I was lucky not to be indoctrinated into religion at any point.
I took interest in religion on my own when I was about 18 or so ( now 37 ) , read the bible, found it obscene, bizarre, contradictory to everything I knew to be true, contradictory to itself...
Recently I took more interest in atheism... and here I am :-)
Your English seems fine, you are certainly coherent, welcome!

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.
21-09-2013, 01:42 PM
(21-09-2013 11:43 AM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  
(21-09-2013 11:25 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Hey, asshole... the unwritten policy is to "be nice" on intro threads. Angry

Don't you see the irony of your post? Consider

Just be honored that HoC even acknowledged you. Tongue

Some of us wait a whole lot longer to garner his attention.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.
21-09-2013, 02:00 PM
(20-09-2013 11:43 PM)Ann0219 Wrote:  :
Just wanted to say howdy to everyone! I'm a Kentucky woman with a redneck streak and proud of it (and I can act like a lady but it's not as much fun!! Smile I am married to a Christian and both my father and mother-in-law are ordained ministers! You can imagine how that first meeting went!! I NEED HELP!! I'm a very compassionate woman and even though I love my husband and his parents dearly, they are driving me nuts!! It is not in me to be cruel or disrespectful but I can't figure out a nice way of saying that they are so ignorant! My husband is especially bad...he absolutely will not read anything that goes against his beliefs. HOW do I get him to start thinking on his own??? I sit thru prayers at dinner, comments that they are praying for me, etc., etc.... I try to be very respectful and have never said anything to them to disrespect them. But,
how on earth do I get them to show me the same courtesy????? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Welcome aboard.

This thread is not usually a discussion thread. You might like to try this one... http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...nd-Support
... I'd be surprised if others couldn't throw a few morsels of empathy and wisdom your way.

Good luck.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
21-09-2013, 02:57 PM
(21-09-2013 01:07 PM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  
(21-09-2013 11:54 AM)morondog Wrote:  It is an iron post...

What is an iron post?

A post made of iron...

Tongue
Thread Closed