Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
01-10-2013, 07:38 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(30-09-2013 08:54 PM)Jas Wrote:  Hello, I'm Jasna, a *cough* year old women and I'm a natural born atheist. But I only figured that out about 14 years ago.Smartass
Before that, I thought that I was to stupid to understand the religious things, almost everybody around me seemed to go with it easily. But I'm bad at maths too, so I didn't bother.
Now, I'm a proud atheist...but only when I'm at home or on the internet. Because I'm surrounded by softcorechristians.
As long as I didn't care about religion (or should I say didn't know about atheism?) it was very easy for me to pretended.
I followed their folding hands ritual and pretended praying before eating Angel, I went to churches for weddings or other "christian partys" even though I always hated these sinister buildings.
But since I know that my non-belief isn't just a weird trick of nature I sometimes feel like I can't do this anymore. But i don't think being equiped yet to stand to my non-belief. I don't know any atheist in real life. I can't even get atheist books in my local bookstore. So here I am, hoping to find some cold in this hell that I'm supposed to burn in and maybe learn how to be effectively what I am. Wink
I hope you'll excuse my grammar, english isn't my first language. Blush

Hello jasna
Find all posts by this user
01-10-2013, 11:38 AM
Hi heathens! I'm a 59 year old atheist who resides firmly in the babble belt (jacksonville, fl). The oldest child of born again parents I figured out how the universe works at 16 at which time my parents kicked me out of the house to 'protect' my younger siblings. I've never looked back. I have lost family, friends, jobs, clients and was once even punched in the nose by a crazed xian woman in a Winn-Dixie in Mississippi because I refuse to bow down to the fictional dictator in the sky. I've never been happier and I live in a constant state of gratitude that my body temperature is above room temperature because I've been lucky enough to get more chances than I probably deserve. Peace.
01-10-2013, 03:00 PM
Wink RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello! to my fellow non-believers. Smile

I'm a 27 year old engineer who loves science, born and raised in California (central coast) by my slightly Methodist mother, but now working in the CA desert surrounded by extreme believers (hey, it pays). My mom never really pressed religion on me, but it does "sadden" her now that I'm not a believer. I've been a non-believer as long as I can remember, probably since about the time I learned Santa wasn't real (about 6 yo?) and discovered that the world was full of billions of people all professing to know which religion was the right one (99.9% based on where and to whom you were born... until you turn Atheist!) Logically this has never made any sense to me, so I couldn't accept it. Through school I tried to fit in with religion, went to one bible camp but this was probably the last straw (I was 14), since then I've been proudly agnostic leaning Atheist, not confident enough to KNOW that there's no higher being (but I'm pretty sure), atheist in the sense that I lack belief.... how's that?
I'm here for the interesting discourse and for a sense of belonging, I'm sure everyone here knows how tiring it is to be surrounded by believers, particularly at work.
Also, I'm somewhat new to the forum experience, but I'll try to blend in. Forgive me if I'm not prompt in responses, if I get any. Big Grin

"just an FYI: There are 2 kinds of people in the world -- those who divide everybody into 2 kinds of people & those who don't." Neil deGrasse Tyson
[+] 3 users Like MustangManda's post
01-10-2013, 05:16 PM
I come from a whole family of religious nuts and they're still in disbelief that I didn't become the next Billy Graham like they had picked out for me, just as soon as my sinning days were over.

I'm a member of a small Southern Oregon forum, and we've had a particularly zealous religious nut on lately that's preaching his own brand of science which, in his mind, makes his religious belief theory of higher validity than scientific theory. I can't say that I'm well enough versed in science to do more than annoy him, so I'm hoping next time he flares up I can post a link here and let somebody with more punch than me have at him for awhile, if anyone feels up for the challenge. I think he may post on more than one forum, and on ours at least he goes by the name of "nativeson". I'll keep you informed, if you don't mind. Thanks.
01-10-2013, 11:15 PM
(01-10-2013 05:16 PM)PonderThis Wrote:  I come from a whole family of religious nuts and they're still in disbelief that I didn't become the next Billy Graham like they had picked out for me, just as soon as my sinning days were over.

I'm a member of a small Southern Oregon forum, and we've had a particularly zealous religious nut on lately that's preaching his own brand of science which, in his mind, makes his religious belief theory of higher validity than scientific theory. I can't say that I'm well enough versed in science to do more than annoy him, so I'm hoping next time he flares up I can post a link here and let somebody with more punch than me have at him for awhile, if anyone feels up for the challenge. I think he may post on more than one forum, and on ours at least he goes by the name of "nativeson". I'll keep you informed, if you don't mind. Thanks.

We just endure those idiots and hope they'll go away, sadly there seems to be no magic pill to make them do so.
02-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Hello! I am a college student in the United States
05-10-2013, 10:18 AM
Hi all.
36 year old man from Norway. Raised christian and were a devoted christian until the age of 25
05-10-2013, 11:19 PM
I grew up in Houston, TX and surrounding areas. I was indoctrinated at the age of 7 into Christianity, got pretty serious about the Christian faith around age 15, went to college, started to realize I didn't know shit, and became agnostic around age 22. 17 years later, I still consider myself agnostic, although sometimes I feel like I am subtly becoming an atheist.

I now reside in the most liberal city in Texas, but I get a little frustrated sometimes because I feel like I am surrounded by so much God-bothering. So many people I care (and don't care) about just infuriate me now when they open their mouths or post a stupid thought on Facebook. There's a level of tribalism and fanaticism among the religious that's truly scary, and it's a lonely feeling sometimes. It's nice to find pockets of sanity on the Internet such as this one. I don't know if I will be a consistent poster, but I will definitely be a consistent reader.
[+] 1 user Likes pumpkinhead's post
06-10-2013, 02:02 PM
Hi!

My name is Stanislav. I'm a data scientist from Ukraine. I have discovered the scientific method to prove atheistic idea 100%. There is a historical, linguistic and logical theory, which gives a key for understanding of many god-related obscurities left by our ancestors. I'm interested to share the idea with community.
07-10-2013, 03:05 PM
Hi, I'm twister. Nice board. Thank you for having me. I look forward to participating in these forums.
Thread Closed