Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
10-10-2013, 02:24 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Welcome aboard all! Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
10-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Hi my name is Dennis Huff and i have been an Athiest for most of my life. I find it odd that i have to label myself as one. I have some articles on ezine, one in particular discusses my views on god and religion. Anyone interested only need go to ezine.com and do a search using my name. All of my articles should pop up and give you all a pretty good idea of my mindset and views. I can say that being an athiest is odd at times, because i am typically surrounded by believers in my daily life. And i can't help but feel that it is strange that i am the one that has to feel odd about my belief system, when logically it seems to be reality. But i guess our species does not value logic and reason so much as it does other belief systems.
[+] 1 user Likes blackatom's post
12-10-2013, 01:02 AM
(10-10-2013 02:24 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Welcome aboard all! Smile

Allow me to add to that heart-warming welcome.

From me too. Drinking Beverage

12-10-2013, 07:09 AM
welcome to the party.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
13-10-2013, 03:03 PM
Hi all, I'm looking forward to reading what you all have said on this forum. I have been an athiest for well over 10 years but am only now starting to come out of the closet, so to speak, with widely varying reactions from others! All is good. Sure feels good to not feel like I'm hiding anything anymore, that's for sure!
13-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Hello there.
I am completely new to this community and you all seem very polite and understanding, i was looking for a new place to meet people and talk openly about whatever without wanting to bang my head against a wall.
I am a teenage atheist from Seth's home state, aspiring astronomer and astrophysicist. Still planning my escape route since I am sadly still closeted and most likely will remains so due to my extremely fundamentalist upbringing.
Looking forward to meeting you all and yea I guess that's it.
13-10-2013, 10:04 PM
Hi I an an english guy
I came across the TTA on you tube and started listening..now i cant wait for the next podcast.

Seth,your an inspiration!
14-10-2013, 11:25 AM
My name is Sam, I'm a 28 and work in higher ed publishing. I found Seth's podcast last June when I finally got a Smartphone and was browsing the podcast app to find something to accompany me on my run. I've been a fan ever since!! I wasn't raised in an overtly religious household, but it was enough that I definitely struggled with letting go once I started to have doubts that progressed to full-on skepticism and contempt for organized religion. The podcasts have really helped me get comfortable calling myself an Atheist Smile

One question - I keep hearing about the infamous 'Creation Museum' video, but I can't find it anywhere...am I missing something? Thanks!!
15-10-2013, 03:17 PM
Hello, welcome to this place, i hope you will like it here Smile
16-10-2013, 12:20 AM
hello everyone, I have just recently gone through a 'deconversion' and I must say it is quite liberating. I live in Australia, am a 32 y.o Father of 2 girls and studying to be a primary school teacher.
Thread Closed