Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
16-10-2013, 07:01 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
This forum attracted me on two levels: free thinking and pepper eating. (chile-heads posting in "Food")

I am fully engaged with both and eager to immerse myself in exchanges here.

I'm also married, old enough to know better, opinionated and open-minded.
Find all posts by this user
16-10-2013, 06:49 PM
Hi all.
I've been listening to the podcasts for some time but I'm only now just joining in here now.
I've been a christian most of my life until about a decade ago. Just too many things didn't add up etc.
I'm married (to a believer) and live in Australia.
I'm looking forward to some forum participation very soon!
Cheers!
16-10-2013, 07:38 PM
Hello everyone. Im new to this board, obviously and am new to the atheistic belief system. I have been a christian for 27 years of my life and have been struggling with my faith for most of that time, but usually just chalked it up to satan trying to shake my faith. The pinnacle of my evolution of beliefs occurred when a friend of mine died of cancer that I had been praying for hourly and so hard I felt like my ears were going to bleed. After she died, I set out on a mission to find answers why god would fail to heal her but "miraculously" healed another woman at my church from a more aggressive cancer. I realized that I had never actually studied the bible. When I began studying heartily, I saw through all the lies and realized what indoctrination was, and that I had been a victim. I began watching other peoples de-conversion stories and saw the correlation between their lives and mine. I want to engage in conversation to learn how to equip myself for the attacks that come from family and previous friends and acquaintances. I want to replace the junk that has been built up in my head over the years and replace it with truth and knowledge. I love my life and have fully come to accept the fact that this life is all I have. I am engaged to a woman I love and am an ex-meth addict who has embraced full sobriety (save for the occasional one or two beers) for two years. I consider myself honest and moral and can achieve this way of life without the ideology of god.
[+] 1 user Likes Searching4truth's post
16-10-2013, 08:00 PM
Oregonian (USA)
Nonreligeous upbringing and background
Married to and many family are christians
Here to enjoy the company and understanding of like minded people
Hi Everyone!
18-10-2013, 05:19 PM
Hi, I'm a 27 year old environmental science graduate from Ireland. Been an atheist for years but have only recently gotten into the philosophy/epistemology of it all. In my online rambling I came across The Thinking Atheist and have been loving the shows.
19-10-2013, 12:54 AM
(13-10-2013 10:04 PM)tim99uk Wrote:  I came across the TTA on you tube and started listening..now i cant wait for the next podcast.

Seth,your an inspiration!

Hughsie, couldn't you be a little more subtle with you sock puppet account? Tongue

Sorry, 99, kidding of course. Welcome to all the new folks Smile

19-10-2013, 10:27 AM
Welcome all new members

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
19-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Hello everyone,
My name is Stephanie I am 24. I am kind of sort of still in the process of becoming an Atheist.
19-10-2013, 10:44 PM
Hi LandI,
Lots of people here that are trying to come to terms with their 'new' atheism.

Welcome!

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
20-10-2013, 12:09 AM
I want to share my story and ask for some serious advice, but I am terrible at navigating Internet forums. If someone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.
Thread Closed