Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
25-05-2011, 08:33 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello, i'm new around here. Also an atheist, Christianity was something i had trouble swallowing. Though thankfuly in the UK it's not as much of a problem as it is in the US. Politics, History, Philosophy and Psychology interest me. (though the latter two are definitely more a laymans interest)

I like many of you enjoy a damn good debate though a more dialectic way of things i feel is just as enjoyable.
Find all posts by this user
26-05-2011, 01:11 AM

Hey guys. İ am also atheist. İ am turkish and i live in turkey which is a secular country with a % 83-85 muslim of population. and sorry in advance if i make mistakes about english language. i dont know it well Smile
26-05-2011, 09:26 AM

Hello all...

I've been following Seth's work on YouTube for about about a year or so I guess and didn't realize there was a forum until just now seeing him mention it on the video about updating the website.

Look forward to hanging around here...the normal forum I post on is an LSU message board (hence the username for those that might have wondered) and as you can imagine being in South Louisiana there are only a handful of nonbelievers there. Well spoken, articulate and quite informed nonbelievers...but just outnumbered by a ridiculous margin.
26-05-2011, 12:36 PM

Greetings from SoCal.

Right now, I'm a closeted Atheist, only because my entire family (both sides, I might add) are fanatical mormons and/or christians. I am actually quite terrified of what they may try to do, if they ever found out about this. On the web, and with few friends, I'm open about it, and proud of calling myself an Atheist. Just around my family, I have to endure their religious banter.

Anyways, I follow a philosophy called Luciferianism, and must point out that it is not, in ANY way, Satanic. It just means that I look inwards, always searching for the answer to the great question of "WHY?"
26-05-2011, 12:41 PM

Heart RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello All,

I'm a 26 year old Law Clerk living Southern Ontario (Canada).

I just dicovered this site today when someone on another site posted a link to a youtube video about the recent failed rapture. Funny stuff and made me go hmmmm, where have you been all my life?

My mother is Catholic and my father is an Atheist, They showed me both and afforded me the opportunity to choose what I wanted. I also went to a Catholic high school (because it was closer to my house then the publlic school) and that experience was the determining factor. In my grade 9 religion class the showed us a movie called 'Inherit the Wind' with Jack Lemon. It really opened my eyes and made me question things that didn't even cross my mind. If you have never seen it I really recommend you do although it is really difficult to find.

Anyway, Oh I forgot to mention my real name is Stephanie, but everyone calls me Fanny... Anyway I just discovered this today and I'm glad I found you HeartBig Grin
(26-05-2011 12:36 PM)Indoril Wrote:  Greetings from SoCal.

Right now, I'm a closeted Atheist, only because my entire family (both sides, I might add) are fanatical mormons and/or christians. I am actually quite terrified of what they may try to do, if they ever found out about this. On the web, and with few friends, I'm open about it, and proud of calling myself an Atheist. Just around my family, I have to endure their religious banter.

Anyways, I follow a philosophy called Luciferianism, and must point out that it is not, in ANY way, Satanic. It just means that I look inwards, always searching for the answer to the great question of "WHY?"

Sorry it's difficult for you. My mother's family are hardcore Catholics and sadly I love putting a bee in their bonnets and being a down right pain in the ass! I love poking holes in all their arguments... ah the looks on their faces... any way welcome and don't be afraid of them maybe someone else is a closeted atheist too and is afraid just like you.

Cheers, Fanny
26-05-2011, 08:19 PM

Hello all! Pensacola FL. Great to be a part of this site! Same Name on Project Reason. My YouTube channel is has become a tribute to my favorite atheist super hero Christopher Hitchens! Big Grin

http://www.youtube.com/user/HighPoweredLasers
26-05-2011, 08:43 PM (This post was last modified: 26-05-2011 08:55 PM by seljusisk..)
Hello, im new. I am technically a closet atheist for 2 main reasons, after my mothers somewhat recent death my church (i was LDS aka Mormon) became a huge crutch for my dad to lean on. Being that my dad is a fairly logical person, to explain to him why I’m atheist would probably shake his faith and I’m sure he can’t handle that right now. Reason two is that I want to improve my relationship with my sisters first, my little sister is becoming a stone brained Jesus freak, if I real her in slowly she might listen to some reason. (and not reject reality like a returned missionary)

My user name is Lojban for knowledge-seeker(or at least its suppose to be)

Google is one of my best friends Heart
Find all posts by this user
26-05-2011, 08:53 PM

Hi everyone. I'm christheatheist1. I usually hang out on youtube and I've made a few atheist videos. I hope you will stop by. Big Grin
27-05-2011, 03:36 AM

Hey crew!

I'm also new. I got here because of the video on YouTube advertising this website Smile
Anyway, I usually rant extremely pointlessly when I like a subject, so if you see an enormous wall of text with my name above it, you should skip it Big Grin

Looking forward to sharing knowledge!
27-05-2011, 04:59 AM

I'm an American who's been living in Japan for about 15 years, too rapidly nearing 40. Son of two Methodist ministers, lost my faith at a fairly young age (not that it was very strong to begin with). The fact that my dad was fired and nearly excommunicated from the church afterone of his co-pastors outed him (I was still in elementary school at the time, and this was a big deal in my hometown which pretty much ripped the congregation in half) fueled my already skeptical attitude towards their authority. Love it here in Japan, where although many cultural ceremonies are ostensibly religious, the daily life and thinking of the vast majority of people is markedly secular.
Thread Closed