Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
23-10-2013, 05:09 PM
Smile RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Been listening to the podcasts for a few weeks now and figure its time to check this out.
Alittle about me: 30, F, married, student, should be doing homework now lol...

Just looking for like-minded people to bs with. Nice to join you all!

- Melissa
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like mewatts83's post
23-10-2013, 07:58 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello,

I am new here (obviously). I grew up religious but then became an atheist in March of 2012Smile Let's see long story short first I was Christian ( but didn't take the believes seriously) then I was wiccan and had great fun but started questioning and finally it lead me to become an atheist, Huzza!Smile
[+] 2 users Like Redlilly Pond's post
24-10-2013, 08:42 AM
(23-10-2013 07:58 PM)Redlilly Pond Wrote:  Hello,

I am new here (obviously). I grew up religious but then became an atheist in March of 2012Smile Let's see long story short first I was Christian ( but didn't take the believes seriously) then I was wiccan and had great fun but started questioning and finally it lead me to become an atheist, Huzza!Smile

Welcome.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-10-2013, 08:44 AM
(24-10-2013 08:42 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-10-2013 07:58 PM)Redlilly Pond Wrote:  Hello,

Welcome.

Thank youSmile
24-10-2013, 12:30 PM
Hi, I'm Katleho(call me Kat for short) and I'm a 17 year old from South Africa, started questioning the existence of god at the age of 12 and became an atheist when I was 14.

Came across The Thinking Atheist on Youtube in February this year and have been loving it ever sinceSmile
It is the first time ever that I'm joining an atheist communityUndecided
[+] 1 user Likes katlehok1's post
24-10-2013, 12:44 PM
(24-10-2013 12:30 PM)katlehok1 Wrote:  Hi, I'm Katleho(call me Kat for short) and I'm a 17 year old from South Africa, started questioning the existence of god at the age of 12 and became an atheist when I was 14.

Came across The Thinking Atheist on Youtube in February this year and have been loving it ever sinceSmile

Welcome to the forum.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
24-10-2013, 12:46 PM
(24-10-2013 12:30 PM)katlehok1 Wrote:  Hi, I'm Katleho(call me Kat for short) and I'm a 17 year old from South Africa, started questioning the existence of god at the age of 12 and became an atheist when I was 14.

Welcome, Kat.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Hi
I am Sharma,
I am from India.
I was staunch Hindu,
Became atheist at 24.
Just few months ago. :-)
24-10-2013, 06:21 PM
Hi Ho,

Just joined the forum today. Brief intro: I was born and raised Roman Catholic (back when they still had the Latin Mass), "lost the faith" in my teen years (under the influence of people like Nietzsche and Bertrand Russell), and have considered myself an atheist ever since. I did return to Catholicism a few years ago, mostly to please my father, and tried really hard to "believe", but it didn't take. I'm basically a skeptic, and don't claim any definite knowledge about religious matters. God may or may not exist (so I guess I'm agnostic rather than atheist), but I'm pretty sure that if he/she/it does, he is nothing like the Bible depicts him. I'm pretty sure the Bible is a crock of you-know-what.

Anyway, I hope to have some interesting discussions here.
24-10-2013, 06:45 PM
(24-10-2013 06:21 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I'm pretty sure the Bible is a crock of you-know-what.

Bullfuckingshit? Tongue

Welcome!

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Thread Closed