Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
24-10-2013, 06:47 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(24-10-2013 06:45 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(24-10-2013 06:21 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I'm pretty sure the Bible is a crock of you-know-what.

Bullfuckingshit? Tongue

Welcome!

TTA has a very strict policy on vulgarity it is to be used as often as possible. Tongue

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
24-10-2013, 07:53 PM
(24-10-2013 06:45 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(24-10-2013 06:21 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I'm pretty sure the Bible is a crock of you-know-what.

Bullfuckingshit? Tongue

Welcome!

Yes, something like that! In general, I'm not shy about profanity, but didn't want to give the immediate impression of being a "rude boy". Laugh out load
24-10-2013, 08:15 PM
(24-10-2013 07:53 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(24-10-2013 06:45 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Bullfuckingshit? Tongue

Welcome!

Yes, something like that! In general, I'm not shy about profanity, but didn't want to give the immediate impression of being a "rude boy". Laugh out load

Meh. You'll get over it. Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
25-10-2013, 04:29 AM
(24-10-2013 08:15 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(24-10-2013 07:53 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Yes, something like that! In general, I'm not shy about profanity, but didn't want to give the immediate impression of being a "rude boy". Laugh out load

Meh. You'll get over it. Tongue

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
25-10-2013, 10:05 AM
Hello everyone,

I was born and raised in Germany but my parents are both Turkish. I grew up as a Muslim but never really got much into religion. I studied Chemistry and Biochemistry and I'm working on my PhD atm.

I am a scientist through and through. Understanding something in its very complexity is amazingly satisfying and beautiful. I wish to share that with people around me. However, religion and superstition often gets in the way.

I joined this forum to offer my knowledge and experience and also benefit from yours. I'm looking forward to fruitful discussions Smile

Fun "paradox": The higher the selection pressure, the slower evolution takes place.
[+] 2 users Like Youkay's post
26-10-2013, 09:51 AM
Hi My Name is Devony and I live in a small fundie town in Idaho. I have been searching for some sort of community and then I found the Thinking Atheist I love to listen and thought why not try the forum.
I was a Mormon for seventeen years (until I moved out)Smile, since then I have tried on Paganism for a couple of years (mostly for the holidays) and nothing fit or made sense. My husband always claimed to be an atheist and I said no I'm Agnostic. My born again friend spurred me on to thought she would say stuff and I would think "huh" then I started looking and reading and decided Agnostic didn't describe my though process either. So there is my story spurred on by Born again thinking I decided I didn't believe in any of it. Although I would always pick Paganism over Mormonism any day, Mormonism is too stinking depressing. (Most boring sexist church ever).
[+] 1 user Likes DeeSK's post
26-10-2013, 09:04 PM
My name is John. Long time reader, first time writer.
I remember when I was 13, when I was already pretty certain I was an atheist, that I closed my eyes, said to myself "I don't believe there is a God", and waited to see what would happen.
Thirty years later and I'm still here. Raising a family of well-adjusted, scientifically literate children who internally motivated to help other people. And not because they will get something in return, but because they feel it's the right thing to do.
Thanks to all who participate in these forums, blog, youtube videos, book, etc. because any/all reaffirmation that this is the correct path helps us all.
I think the US is slowly coming around and I have high hopes for our future!
I have a lot to read here, so I better get busy.
JohnK!
[+] 3 users Like johnkay1962's post
27-10-2013, 07:44 AM
Hi guys,

My name is Warren. I'm a 2nd Gen Australian and my parents were FOB from China. My family is somewhat superstitious but not devoted to any religion. I am a senior at a private high school that is unfortunately Christian. However, attending compulsory chapel and religious studies classes have helped me learn a lot about Christianity, ironically solidifying my beliefs as an atheist!

I believed in God when I was around 6 years old. It lasted about a week before I started to dislike the concept. Back then, it was simply because of pride. I didn't like the idea of some superior entity dictating everything that I do. Watching me, judging me, and pressuring me to worship him. I was a bit of an arrogant prick back then. Of course, as I slowly got over myself (as most kids hopefully do), the pride that justified my disbelief in God was replaced with cynicism and a wanting for logical answers. Further down the line of my edumacation career, the things I learned in history, maths, science, and even literature made me fall in love with humanity. But it also made me grief for how far we are from our true potential. This may be a harsh, cliche metaphor, but I truly do think that religion is a cancer and it needs to be cut out ASAP.

Sorry for the long intro, but thank you for reading it. I am really glad to have come across TTA's YouTube channel, which has lead me here. Looking forward to being a part of this community!
27-10-2013, 09:08 AM
Welcome to all the new members. And how in the hell did someone NOT register "Taco" till now? LOL!

Welcome aboard Smile

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
27-10-2013, 11:10 AM
Question Hi all!!
Hi all ^^ new member here. hehehe
hm, i'm a married man from indonesia, my age is 30, my English is bad, my grammar is very bad. I'm very sorry for this matter, but i hope i can learn lots of thing from this very interesting community. Love u all!! peace!!
[+] 3 users Like Madman's post
Thread Closed