Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
29-10-2013, 09:28 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(29-10-2013 07:33 AM)TheNegativeZone Wrote:  
(28-10-2013 07:14 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Goodness! Who opened the gate?

I came in through the window. I smelled the cookies.

[Image: starwars-darth-vader-come-to-the-darksid...00x800.jpg]

Muhwahahahahaha you cannot resist the Power of the darkside!

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
29-10-2013, 12:49 PM
Hi, my name is Darren.
I am 52 years old and have been an atheist since my late teens.
I look forward to reading the post in the forums and hopefully I can contribute
in some small way. Thanks for having me.
29-10-2013, 02:26 PM
(28-10-2013 07:14 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Goodness! Who opened the gate?

Welcome to all of you!

I'm only here for the glory of Odin.

This is the signature.

http://www.FromNothingGameStudios.com
29-10-2013, 02:40 PM
My name is Sheila. I am 25 years old. I grew up protestant (bouncing between Baptist and Charismatic churches) and I counted myself a believer for the majority of my life (though, starting at around 14 I had some persistent doubts which I kept trying to force away through prayer.) when I was 21, I read "Jesus, Interrupted" feeling that the truth has nothing to fear, so what could one book do to harm Christianity and Jesus (he is, after all, "the way, the truth, and the light.") as I read each chapter, it was an amazing experience. I realized that no infallible diety had breathed the words of the bible into the authors. I realized that each time I had doubted, it was not Satan attacking me, it was my rational and logical mind coming through. And, at the end of the book, I realized (to my immense relief, I might add) that I no longer had to live my life feeling guilt and shame. Since then, The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins and Godless by Dan Barker have been immensely helpful to me. I am still new to calling myself an athiest and I am fighting off literally 20 years of indoctrination. The Thinking Athiest Podcast is one of my staples. I've been listening for a few months now. I finally decided that maybe connecting with some other free thinkers would be a good idea. Smile hope everyone has a great day!
[+] 1 user Likes SheilaMercon's post
29-10-2013, 03:43 PM
Welcome.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-10-2013, 10:27 PM
Hello. My name is Mark, I am a 31 year old writer. I am here to have fun and learn.
30-10-2013, 06:56 AM
So i was raised in the roman catholic church, was an alter boy,Was a chaplin assistant in the Gulf War, and also did alot of service work in the program of AA for my drinking. and ALL of these life experience lead me to here. I AM a firm believer that there is NO GOD or any such thing. And from the time i stop trying to live and do what was asked of me , then my life got way better.
The first time I questioned religion was around 4th grade. We were studing the story of a baby and he was put into a basket and sent down the river . But i thought that we just read the same story, just changed there names in each story, But as young as i was i didnt want to question it cause I wanted to be apart of what ever it was i was in as far as the church goes.. So i got really involved,and became the lead alterboy and was giving class on it in the 8th grade. I even talked to the priest about going in to the priest hood. From there i started public school and threw my teen yrs i just worked aND went to school, Mom Always thought something was wrong with me, but different story. Anyway i got out of high school and went straight in to the Marine Corps. Went to Desert Storm/Shield. Saw combat and the effects of that.. While i was there i was the Chaplin assistant and was there for a couple of Marines who gave there life for our country. And ive seen people break down during combat... And it was hard to see that but it tore me up inside cause i real didnt understand it. and got to see other religions. I will say i always try to have an open mind. But the more i saw the more questions i had, Got home got married and we tryed to join a church but even then i didnt get it, My understanding of it was if gods so great how in the hell does all this bad shit keep happening. It was like the the harder i tryed the worse it got., So i got divorced started drinking and went to AA at the ripe old age of 24,(i still dont drink today) but i that program its a lite version of chirstanity . And i learn throw alot of takin it in what was really going on, Got to talk to men in prision and murders and Alot of different views from my service work and i would do alot of public speaking about how i quiet drinking, And today somefriends always say how can u not believe in god when he took ur desire to drink away.And i responed by saying No i got tired of drinking and wanted to fight it cause u say pray and do this and do that well look at everthing i had done, I did queit and had to really go through a change within myself, cause i didnt want to DIE.....And it was me getting me to realize what i was doing to myself and my son who wasnt born yet but on his way.
And i did that for 9 yrs straight. But like i said, it seem to me the more i prayed and tryed to follow all of it, the worse my life got, So after a bad relationship i started to give up and ask alot of questions , i wanted to find for myself about god.
THEN it happened, I play alot of computer game and someone came online on our group that played together and some one brought up Zietgist the movie and i wtched it and BLAMOOO ALL the questions i had were answer, and it didnt lean to god, I LOVE MY LIFE TODAY AND Im A GODLESS S>O>B!!!! and i love it. I get shit for it but no one wants to talk to me about it cause Im am the type of person who wants faqs. And alot of my friensds wount talk to be cause i shot them down and you understand how that convertion goes lol,
And know i have found this cummuity and like every thing in my life I JUMP IN.
thanks for ur time and if u do read this, remember im a way better speaker then a typer

KEEP UP THE GOOD FIGHT, and Great web sight and podcast i love it......Joe
Im 42, And live in Kentucky
[+] 1 user Likes bluegraz's post
30-10-2013, 06:59 AM
Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello new people.

Drinking Beverage
30-10-2013, 02:45 PM
I'm a teenager in Texas. I'm good with mathematics and science. I'm in the AFJROTC (Air Force Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps for y'all that don't know that) I'm extremely shy, except around my 4 good friends. I think that sums it up. So ya Smile
30-10-2013, 02:50 PM
Hello everyone.

I'm 22 years old and have lived my whole life in Sweden. Since this is such a secular country, I hardly encounter religion at all.
My mother did believe in some way I think when I was very little, as she took me to church occasionally (where I embarassed her by pretending to be a rooster - something I thought I would be taking into my grave with me Big Grin), and at the age of four, a sort of christian daycare I think, because the name had "church" in it and we were read bible stories and prayed (though I hated holding my hands in that clasped way - I don't know why but it felt wrong from the start).

The funny thing was, I never believied any of that. I thought they were all fairytales from the start. At the age of 5 I learned to read, and throughout my childhood devoured science books for kids, which of course was way more fascinating. Not that I understood how anyone could believe religion - I knew some did, but no one I knew believed it as the truth, or at least no one said they did. To me it made as much sense to consider the bible truth, as any other of the fairy tale books I loved to read as a child.

One funny memory, is when I read in a history book about Jeanne d'Arc, and when she was captured the priests/bishops were saying things like "You wore man's clothing, it says in the bible no woman may wear man's clothing" (something like that, referring to her wearing armor). And I thought "Whut? They look at the bible as some sort of rule book?! Those are just fairly tales!" Boy, I had no idea... Tongue

My brother (two years older than me) seemed to be an anti-theist from the start. He even suggested (below the age of ten!) that we set our children's bibles on fire. XD I thought that might be just a bit too disrespectful. Some time during those years, my mother got as anti-christianity as us.

It wasn't until last year that I became fully aware of the religious madness in the world. I was fleetingly aware of the islamic world, of child-rape in the Catholic church - as well hyper-christian America, from one occasion in the news where I heard of a woman losing her job (or being denied job?) when the boss found out she was an atheist, seeing Jesus Camp on TV in 2008, and finding this little gem: http://www.freethoughtpedia.com/wiki/Fun...ist_quotes
But it was one occasion in January 2012 that I found a YouTube atheist (the "Anything but an atheist"-videos), and from there, Dawkins, Hitchens (who of course died just the month before), Harris and so on. And I found TTA in early summer last year.
[+] 2 users Like Nìmwey's post
Thread Closed