Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
31-10-2013, 10:40 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Here to exchange ideas, provide & ask for opinions, and have lots of fun.

'If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice'
- Neil Peart, Rush
Find all posts by this user
02-11-2013, 03:06 PM
Returning with a question.
Hi, I'm back.
I joined up last July, then had complications with my password and finally gave up trying. Today I got it straightened out. Can anyone tell me how to suggest a topic for the podcast? Will Seth actually see it?

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."
--Douglas Adams
[+] 1 user Likes Paj's post
02-11-2013, 07:46 PM
Hello all!

I'm from the USA and an open and proud atheist. I stumbled upon this site while doing a google search for "oldest god" and found a great article within the forums digging into animism, speech capabilities of Homo Habilis etc. and felt like I found my new favorite place on the internet. Drooling

Growing up I was always VERY interested in religion. As a kid I wanted to be an alter boy, but my parents said no because they didn't want to go to church every Sunday. Haha! Born Catholic, I then went to rebellious "I hate everything", to Latter Day Saints (Mormons), Wicca, Satanism (LaVeyan), Agnostic, Buddhist (Zen) and then finally full-on Atheist; though I'm sure there were some mini-theologies in-between. I've been Atheist now for almost a decade. I feel like my journey through religion shaped my Atheistic nature. Any questions I've had regarding deities I sought the answers to. Now I have more questions and thrilled that I found this site to dig out some answers!!!

I'm more of a troll than a poster and like to browse through all the data that is currently on the site. But I thought I would introduce myself and say a quick hello, as well as a presumptive thank you for all the posters that have previously contributed to the site.
[+] 1 user Likes Rocks4Brains's post
03-11-2013, 01:56 AM
(02-11-2013 03:06 PM)Paj Wrote:  Can anyone tell me how to suggest a topic for the podcast? Will Seth actually see it?

Hey, suggest you email Seth directly (pretty sure his email is on the website somewhere, I mailed him once... somehow). He does come through the forum every now and then bestowing his benevolence but he tends to leave us to our own (evil) devices... mu hahahaha

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
03-11-2013, 03:26 AM
I'm new to this forum, I have been a believer for decades - by that Y mean I have always believed in Astronomy, geology, paleontology and the power of reason. I do a lot of public speaking on this and of course my other passion of debunking woowoo and nonsense. I live in a small conservative village at present but grew up in Dublin. i expect there will be like minded thinking folk here too
03-11-2013, 03:31 AM
hi all
05-11-2013, 06:20 PM
Hi all
I am new to the forum. I am a husband and father of 1 child and 2 dogs. Born and raised and continue life in Ohio. Raised Catholic, went through catholic first communion, confirmation, etc. I joined a church group at age 25 and started reading the Bible for real, that's when I started "de-converting," and the rest is history. I am not fully out of the closet as per my beliefs, but won't lie if asked by friends/family.

Thanks for the community of like minded individuals in religion.
[+] 1 user Likes LibertarianAtheist's post
05-11-2013, 08:53 PM
Hello Everyone! I am a journalism student at Northwestern University. I am doing a story on how the Catholic Church is losing members. If any of you are a former catholic and would like to share your experience with me, please message me! Thanks!
05-11-2013, 08:56 PM
(05-11-2013 08:53 PM)NorthwesternStudent Wrote:  Hello Everyone! I am a journalism student at Northwestern University. I am doing a story on how the Catholic Church is losing members. If any of you are a former catholic and would like to share your experience with me, please message me! Thanks!

We have quite a few ex-catlicks but it would probably be best to start a thread about it. Would get you more results.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
08-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Hi all. I'm 18, and new to atheism. I grew up Baptist, but it wasn't all that strict. I live in a suburb in Ohio that's not very religious, but my family is and I'm not completely "out" with them. I'm just here for intelligent conversation, and maybe some occasional advice.
[+] 1 user Likes kortni_thegreat's post
Thread Closed