Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
27-05-2011, 05:21 AM

RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
I am Eric Amundrud and I am really glad to be here.
27-05-2011, 05:49 PM

Hi there! Just joined the forum, registering with the Thinking Atheist site. I'm Darron, 44 years old, living in Chatham, Kent, England (15 miles outside London).

I've been an atheist all my life. I remember been told to pray at home and at school and went to Sunday school a few times too. I don't ever remember believing any of it, however.

I don't know why there are so many groups over here calling themselves humanists, when there are none I can find directly calling themselves atheist groups. If anyone knows of one near to me, I'd like to look them up. Otherwise, I'll stick with the groups on Facebook and of course this site.

As I get older, I find myself becoming a more militant atheist day by day.
27-05-2011, 05:50 PM

Hi, I'm Rob and I'm an Atheist! LOL Sounds more like a twelve step thing, it wasn't though. I'm 55 and was raised Catholic. One day a friend talked me into going on a religious retreat, and that pretty much put an end to that. I know the end result wasn't what he expected but I thanked him anyway. Also I want to thank Seth for hosting this board, I love the podcasts.
27-05-2011, 06:13 PM

i'm a 14 year old(please don't judge DSmile girl from the united states. i love japan and stuff. i was christian and pagan but i am not an atheist. i go to school and do homework and i dislike math at the moment because it takes thought.

everyone in my family knows i'm atheist. all my friends know, as well. no secret Big Grin
30-05-2011, 05:52 AM

HEEY!! My name is Summuel Gan. I'm 15 years old. I'm looking for other Filipino atheists that's near Manila. Add me up on facebook if you want to.

Thanks! Big Grin
30-05-2011, 07:31 AM
(27-05-2011 06:13 PM)sasu_girl Wrote:  and i dislike math at the moment because it takes thought.
And yet you sign yourself up for a forum that endorses thought... Smile

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
30-05-2011, 02:03 PM

Hi my name is Corey and I'm a 17 year old from a somewhat small area that is heavily christian. The kind of place where pretty much everyone assumes everyone is christian. I never liked going to church (catholic) and when my parents stopped having us go I was thrilled. It wasn't till 6th grade or so I actually started forming my own ideas and came to the conclusion that there probably was no god. Then in high school I'm now strongly atheist. I'm not afraid to tell people what I believe or defend myself. If anything I try and provoke some people to question their beliefs even though I know I probably shouldn't. Anyway I just recently found this place and am glad to be apart of it.
30-05-2011, 03:31 PM

Hello!
My name is Josip, i am 23 years old, I am from Osijek, Croatia.
I am an atheist, despite my whole family is Christian. About 85% of Croats are declared Christians, but i know for a fact that this % is waaay to much. majority of my friend are atheist, but they dont want people to know. I am encouraging them to come forward.
This is a great site, keep up the good work!

Greetings from Croatia!
31-05-2011, 01:15 AM

Hello all
My names Paul, I live in michigan, am 27, and i work in the maintenance field in a hospital setting. I like to workout, Play and watch hockey, (Red wings fan, damn sharks) and play the occasional first person shooter Smile. I just recently realized that im an atheist after growing up my entire life in a strict free will baptist religion. Parents still dont know yet, and im very nervous about telling them. Well thats me in a small nutshell, take care all!
31-05-2011, 12:26 PM

I'm a 26 year old Haitian writer and part-time model/actress. I was born in Haiti, raised in the U.S. from age 6, and devoutly Catholic until about a year ago. I am now an atheist and secular humanist, but I've always been a skeptic.
Thread Closed