Introduce Yourself HERE!

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
26-11-2013, 05:43 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(26-11-2013 07:09 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Welcome to the forum Suzanne! Cool de-conversion story. Also, there are plenty of nerds here, so you'll fit right in.

On a side note I received several paddlings as a child from my principal, whose name was Ms. Suzanne. You kinda scare me. Bechased

Thanks! That does comfort me knowing that there's other nerds here. Not that I can't withhold my nerdynesss just it's more comfortable for me to be nerdy!

You should be afraid of me! Evil_monster But really? You must have been a lil' spitfire at school if you kept getting sent to the principal.

And thanks everyone for the welcomes! Oh, hi fellow newbie Eleanor!

[Image: notagain.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Miss Suzanne's post
26-11-2013, 06:08 PM
(25-11-2013 08:19 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  Hi there everyone! As you could guess by my username, name's Suzanne. I'm a 24 ex-Mormon kid living in her parent's basement until she's got enough money to move out (hopefully soon). Because I fear that my parents would kick me out before I have enough to live on my own, I'm in the closet. Just graduate from college where I discovered how stupid Mormonism is, partly in thanks to Seth.
As I was going through institute (it's like a young adult bible study), I was questioning more and more things from the doctrine and the course itself (like to why it had to count as BYU credits when I was never going to BYU). I met a friend who was president of the secular student alliance on campus and told me about his group. Curious, I googled Atheism then looked it up on youtube. There I found TheThinkingAthiest through his video, "The Story of Suzy". When I watched it I thought, "She prays so stupid! Suzy, you make us Suzannes look stupid!" Then I got to watching his other videos and found the one about the Ex-Mormon. The video struck me. I had to do research. I found how truly untrue the church I was taught to be the only true church. I started to listen to the podcast like a new addiction and found other Atheist related media with the most influential (to me) being the religious episodes of "Bullshit" and "Religulous". I would apologize in my prayers for wanting to find these things. But of course I couldn't stop thinking. Soon I realized that what I was hearing made sense and just let go of my faith.
I live in a smallish town in Missouri where the people I know are either the Mormons I grew up with or are faithful Christians. I'd like some conversations with individuals who, like me, have no god in their lives and able to talk about topics without a god in the equation. So I joined this forum! Not that used to forum things but I thought I'd give it a go.
Other things useful to know about me? Uh, well, I'm a dork. I like video games, art/crafts, food and coca-cola. I think that's good enough?

The kitty

In your avatar

I want it

Now

[Image: giphy.gif]
26-11-2013, 06:59 PM
(26-11-2013 05:43 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  
(26-11-2013 07:09 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Welcome to the forum Suzanne! Cool de-conversion story. Also, there are plenty of nerds here, so you'll fit right in.

On a side note I received several paddlings as a child from my principal, whose name was Ms. Suzanne. You kinda scare me. Bechased

Thanks! That does comfort me knowing that there's other nerds here. Not that I can't withhold my nerdynesss just it's more comfortable for me to be nerdy!

You should be afraid of me! Evil_monster But really? You must have been a lil' spitfire at school if you kept getting sent to the principal.

And thanks everyone for the welcomes! Oh, hi fellow newbie Eleanor!

Who, me? Angel

27-11-2013, 09:54 AM
well hello I guess.

I'm a closeted atheist right now, so I'll keep it vague Smile

I'm in the south and a small business owner. I was raised Southern Baptist but now identify as atheist since I've taken the time to stop and think about it. I'm on an island of 2 and don't really have the opportunity to talk about religion or atheism without risking my business and my employee's livelihoods, so I bite my tongue.

Smile
27-11-2013, 01:28 PM
I'm a gay biologist in my mid-30s from western Pennsylvania but now living in the Baltimore/D.C. area. Extremely politically progressive, and a non-theist for about ten years now; I can't rule out Deism just yet. I enjoy philosophy and am currently reading through as many first-sources as possible . . . although at that rate I haven't gotten even through the Pythagoreans just yet. Undecided And thanks to "Crash Course World History" on YouTube, I'm getting into world history now, as well.
[+] 1 user Likes TheronGJr's post
27-11-2013, 01:40 PM
Welcome to our random corner of the web, guy from Pennsylvania Smile I can tell you how you can rule out deism: what you do is, you write 'deism' on a bit of paper and you take your ruler... It's a *most* convincing argument, I'm sure you agree Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
27-11-2013, 04:56 PM
(27-11-2013 01:28 PM)TheronGJr Wrote:  I'm a gay biologist in my mid-30s from western Pennsylvania but now living in the Baltimore/D.C. area. Extremely politically progressive, and a non-theist for about ten years now; I can't rule out Deism just yet. I enjoy philosophy and am currently reading through as many first-sources as possible . . . although at that rate I haven't gotten even through the Pythagoreans just yet. Undecided And thanks to "Crash Course World History" on YouTube, I'm getting into world history now, as well.

Do you mean you are a Biologist who is attracted to people of the same gender or is that a new subdivision in biology. Either way welcome you are like the third person from the tri-state area to sign up and we have several active members (including myself) from the People's Republic of Maryland.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
27-11-2013, 05:27 PM
(27-11-2013 04:56 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(27-11-2013 01:28 PM)TheronGJr Wrote:  I'm a gay biologist in my mid-30s from western Pennsylvania but now living in the Baltimore/D.C. area. Extremely politically progressive, and a non-theist for about ten years now; I can't rule out Deism just yet. I enjoy philosophy and am currently reading through as many first-sources as possible . . . although at that rate I haven't gotten even through the Pythagoreans just yet. Undecided And thanks to "Crash Course World History" on YouTube, I'm getting into world history now, as well.

Do you mean you are a Biologist who is attracted to people of the same gender or is that a new subdivision in biology. Either way welcome you are like the third person from the tri-state area to sign up and we have several active members (including myself) from the People's Republic of Maryland.

I hope it's the latter. I would have SOOO many questions. Just in case you are, have you ever studied lesbian camels? What about gay salamanders? What's you stance on seahorses? Thanks! Tongue

28-11-2013, 04:41 PM
Hello everyone. Ex-Jehovah's Witness here. I've lurked the forums for a while, thought I'd say hello. I haven't been a practicing J-Dub since I was at 22-23, but have considered myself an atheist in the last 7 years or so (I'm 36).

Anyway, glad to be here.
28-11-2013, 10:05 PM
Hello,

I am new here. I have lots to say. I am an atheist.

Now I am thinking about which of those yellow smiley faces on the left to insert into my introductory message.

Drinking Beverage (that's me)

Evil_monsterEvil_monster (that's religious people during the week)

AngelAngel (that's religious people on Sundays)

Evil_monsterDrinking BeverageEvil_monster (that's me with religious people after telling religious people I don't believe in God)

AngelDrinking BeverageAngel (that's me with religious people when they are telling me God loves me)

DodgyDodgy (that's religious people thinking about how they can indoctrinate me after failing the first time)

Drinking Beverage (that's me playing Candy Crush)

Thanks for reading.

Dullster x
[+] 2 users Like TheTruthIsDull's post