Introduce Yourself HERE!

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
28-11-2013, 10:28 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
I've been listening to the podcast for a few months. I figured I should join the community since I'm so passionate about science, critical thinking, and skepticism. It's also great to meet other people like me so I don't feel alone.

Quote:Faith means not wanting to know what is true.-Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2013, 08:48 AM
Hello,

I'm an ex Reformed Christian, became an atheist this year. I live in Toronto, but have no atheist friends. All friends and family is religious/spiritual. Feeling a bit lonely and decided to join the community here.
Still technically a member of my church though I'm probably going to be going through "church discipline" sometime soon for missing church so much lately.

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
[+] 3 users Like djkamilo's post
29-11-2013, 09:04 AM
Hi newbies!! Dive right in!
30-11-2013, 07:52 PM
Me
Hi I'm Ryan I'm 19 I live in northern California and I've been listening for about a year.
01-12-2013, 03:56 PM
To all the newbies if I haven't said hi, be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Brian37's post
01-12-2013, 03:58 PM
(01-12-2013 03:56 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  rip the tags off of your mattress.

er ???

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
01-12-2013, 05:26 PM
(01-12-2013 03:58 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(01-12-2013 03:56 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  rip the tags off of your mattress.

er ???

[Image: mattress-tag_5.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
02-12-2013, 09:33 AM
(30-11-2013 07:52 PM)Ryanshidyak Wrote:  Hi I'm Ryan I'm 19 I live in northern California and I've been listening for about a year.
Hi Ryan, I'm in Northern California also. Siskiyou county, Scott Valley. I have also been listening for about a year. I live surrounded by Christians which is very oppressive. My only comrade is my stepson that came out of the closet to me about 2 years ago. His father won't even acknowledge his atheism as he somewhat accepts mine. In a nutshell... we don't discuss religion in this household. Looking for others in my neck of the woods is hard. It seems that they have all been sucked in with the myth.
02-12-2013, 09:36 AM
(29-11-2013 08:48 AM)djkamilo Wrote:  Hello,

I'm an ex Reformed Christian, became an atheist this year. I live in Toronto, but have no atheist friends. All friends and family is religious/spiritual. Feeling a bit lonely and decided to join the community here.
Still technically a member of my church though I'm probably going to be going through "church discipline" sometime soon for missing church so much lately.
Quit going. They'll get the message. What are they going to do?? Whip you??Consider
02-12-2013, 09:51 AM
(02-12-2013 09:36 AM)Mothra Wrote:  ...
What are they going to do?? Whip you?? Consider

Now, that's what I call a selling feature.

Where do I sign up?

Dodgy