Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
05-12-2013, 03:26 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Whats up guys,

My name is Jesse. Currently living in heart of the LDS beast, SLC, UT. I just turned 30. My wife's name is Theresa, and my daughter Aurora will be 2 years old Dec. 30th. We are all atheists... Well... I guess it's weird to question whether or not a 2 year old holds atheistic views, but I guess we are all atheists until we come of age to understand such theistic ideas, right? Whatever. I just hope that our mindsets and beliefs provide our child with a clear understanding of our little "pale blue dot" we all call home.

Growing up my mother claimed to be Catholic, I've been to church maybe 40-50 times. I was turned off to the ideas of gods around 10 years old when answers to my newly formed "God" questions to church representatives made little to no sense. My discontent was later reinforced as I learned more about the many different deities, the history of and the geological separation of. The more I informed myself, the more it seemed it was all supernatural jargon.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes TJnA's post
05-12-2013, 03:30 PM
(05-12-2013 02:54 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Information is usually not the friend superstition.

Yeah my friend superstition is that my friends all have fleas...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
05-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Hey. I'm Carly and I'm a 29-year-old female from Atlanta, Georgia. I have only been an atheist for a little over a year now. I'm not exactly an open atheist as it's not exactly feasible for me to do so now.
05-12-2013, 04:24 PM
welcome Smile

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
05-12-2013, 09:06 PM
Hello, my name is Tim. I'm 33 and live in Georgia. (The state not the country.) I was raised Baptist but began to question my beliefs when I was a teenager. For many years I took the easy road and declared myself an Agnostic but a few years ago I realized that I was just lying to myself and since then I have never been happier or more free.

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
05-12-2013, 10:26 PM
Sweet, thanks for the introduction thread.

To introduce myself, I guess I'd say I'm new to these forums and atheism in general; I became an atheist august/november, after I learned more about the mormon church which I had been attending for years. I'm happy to be here and am looking forward to becoming more acquainted with the community here!
06-12-2013, 12:56 AM
Hello,

My name is Gordon Jerome. I was a member here a while back, but I think it's been over a year since then.

I was quite vocal in my support of the existence of God, and I was also pretty rude at times. I am not the same person I was.

What I'm looking for now are discussions about the existence of God in a calm and logical manner. I can fully appreciate the atheist position, especially in a world where we find the Church crumbling as an institution.

I hope I will be accepted back into this forum, because frankly, I really did have a good time before, and I would like to again, but maybe without all the hard feelings.

So, anyone up for a debate? Flex
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gordon's post
06-12-2013, 01:27 AM
Hello Everyone! I'm a 60 year old singer songwriter, teacher and expat. I believe in truth, justice and compassion: the atheist way of life.
I came to atheism long ago, though I'm not exactly sure when that was. Perhaps it was sometime after my bout of born againism which I cured with a dose of Scientology and several years of excessivism. I currently believe in nothing and that fervently.
I waiver between antagonistic agnosticism and apathetic atheism (just kidding)! I try not to be aggressive about my atheism but I do get pissed off about organized religions and their attempts to infiltrate secular society.

"There's a sucker born every minute" PT Barnum (maybe)

The Grand Kadolz
[+] 2 users Like grandkadolz's post
06-12-2013, 01:30 AM
(06-12-2013 12:56 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Hello

Egsy! What's shakin'? Just in time for the holidays!

Welcome back to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
06-12-2013, 01:35 AM
(06-12-2013 12:56 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Hello,

My name is Gordon Jerome. I was a member here a while back, but I think it's been over a year since then.

I was quite vocal in my support of the existence of God, and I was also pretty rude at times. I am not the same person I was.

What I'm looking for now are discussions about the existence of God in a calm and logical manner. I can fully appreciate the atheist position, especially in a world where we find the Church crumbling as an institution.

I hope I will be accepted back into this forum, because frankly, I really did have a good time before, and I would like to again, but maybe without all the hard feelings.

So, anyone up for a debate? Flex

Egor ? Is that you ? Welcome back in any case.

Calm and logical, and TTA - I'm sure from your previous experience you must know that these rarely go together... We do try for the logical but calm... hehe... However you're welcome to give it a shot Tongue

Thread Closed