Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
10-12-2013, 12:53 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(09-12-2013 12:46 PM)Thurdok Wrote:  Hello.I'm from South Africa , from a community that is still heavily influenced by christianity. My deconversion started a few years ago and it started whilst I was at varsity.The clincher for me was reading the Old Testament ( Do religious ppl actually know what ghastly things are written in there). I have been following Dawkins and youtube atheism. I stumbled across your website and is currently going thru all the podcasts.I'm hoping to meet some new freethinking friends cos I desperately need some

Welcome, also in SA Smile yay for more SA atheists Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
11-12-2013, 11:02 AM
Hi Sam,

I just joined this website because Im about to go to college in the fall and Im curious about what an atheist believes. Would you mind talking to me?

- lduncan318

(31-08-2010 02:59 PM)SecularStudent Wrote:  My name is Sam, I'm a twenty-year-old university student entering my third year. I'm pursuing an Honours Degree in English, which I am going to continue with a Masters, and eventually a PhD in some area of poetry.
I love school, and I love learning. I want to devote my life to being a university professor and give students the critical thinking skills that our poor education system has failed to give to most of them. I also plan on learning as much as I possibly can about poetry and literature within my lifetime.
11-12-2013, 11:11 AM
Hey!

I am a senior in high school and before I go to college, I really want to learn more about being an atheist and what it means. I would love to ask you about your beliefs and how you came to those conclusions. Please message me back if you would like to talk.

-lduncan318

(31-08-2010 05:38 AM)omega21 Wrote:  I am a college student in the United States. Also, I ahve been an atheist since the early part of this year. Another thing is that I am fairly open about being an atheist.
11-12-2013, 11:23 AM
(11-12-2013 11:11 AM)lduncan318 Wrote:  I am a senior in high school and before I go to college, I really want to learn more about being an atheist and what it means. I would love to ask you about your beliefs and how you came to those conclusions.
Welcome aboard.

I suggest you to make a thread in the "Atheism and Theism" section if you're looking to get different points of view. Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
11-12-2013, 12:20 PM
(11-12-2013 11:23 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 11:11 AM)lduncan318 Wrote:  I am a senior in high school and before I go to college, I really want to learn more about being an atheist and what it means. I would love to ask you about your beliefs and how you came to those conclusions.
Welcome aboard.

I suggest you to make a thread in the "Atheism and Theism" section if you're looking to get different points of view. Consider

I've read plenty online and on this site, but I was hoping to talk personally with someone. Learn about personal beliefs, revelations, etc.
11-12-2013, 07:01 PM
(11-12-2013 12:20 PM)lduncan318 Wrote:  I've read plenty online and on this site, but I was hoping to talk personally with someone. Learn about personal beliefs, revelations, etc.
All right then, you can send me a PM with questions if you want.

11-12-2013, 08:08 PM
Kuratla introducing himself
Hi everyone.

I've been listening to TTA's podcasts for about a year now (on Youtube) but never went to the website till today when Seth mentioned the website had a remake so I thought I'd go and have a look. And I found a forum.... so here am I.

I'm an ex-Catholic anti-theist atheist. My deconversion took more than a decade though I think I was an atheist for years before I would finally admit it to myself (and others).

I've been living in Asia for 10 years now (though I'm Canadian) and being outside of a Christian environment was certainly helpful in deconverting. Then the Internet, books and Youtube videos from people like Hitchens, Harris, AronRa, Thunderf00t, etc helped me to learn more and finally reject my irrational beliefs.

I'm glad to be here and hope to be an active member in the community.

Cheers,

Kuratla
[+] 1 user Likes Kuratla's post
11-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Hi!

Love the site already and only read EvolutionKills's Veritology post. As a veritological atheist I hope I can add more fuzz to your fluff. Er, fluff to your fuzz.... Hobo

Peace,

Fire
[+] 1 user Likes FireSea's post
12-12-2013, 12:20 AM
Hi All,

I'm an atheist and a skeptic. I'm 41 years old and live with my wife in eastern Canada. We have a beagle named Darwin.

I went to the United Church when I was younger but my belief in god never matured to anything more substantial than my belief in Santa. I enjoyed my time there because it was light on the preaching. I sang in the youth choir, went to church camp and participated in the youth group. I left when it came time for me to be Confirmed because I didn't feel like being a hypocrite.

My education is in geology, biology and the sciences in general with a smattering of history and philosophy. I've done U-Pb zircon dating of Archean crust and chuckle when people try and tell me that the world is 6000 years old. When I'm not hunting and killing rocks I dabble in astronomy and raise carnivorous plants.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
12-12-2013, 07:57 AM
(12-12-2013 12:20 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Hi All,

I'm an atheist and a skeptic. I'm 41 years old and live with my wife in eastern Canada. We have a beagle named Darwin.

I went to the United Church when I was younger but my belief in god never matured to anything more substantial than my belief in Santa. I enjoyed my time there because it was light on the preaching. I sang in the youth choir, went to church camp and participated in the youth group. I left when it came time for me to be Confirmed because I didn't feel like being a hypocrite.

My education is in geology, biology and the sciences in general with a smattering of history and philosophy. I've done U-Pb zircon dating of Archean crust and chuckle when people try and tell me that the world is 6000 years old. When I'm not hunting and killing rocks I dabble in astronomy and raise carnivorous plants.
Welcome to our community.

We have a YEC here who claims that radiometric dating isn't accurate. Smile

Thread Closed