Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
26-12-2013, 04:18 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(26-12-2013 03:09 PM)getReal Wrote:  My secret identity is Tom, and I've been "out" as an atheist since my innocent nephew succumbed to epilepsy in 2011 despite years of fervent (unanswered) prayers by his parents (my little brother and his soon to be ex-wife). Apparently God didn't care enough to help their child, or their marriage. Before that I was not religious, and didn't care enough to ponder my true feelings about religion besides the observation that mankind has been predisposed to create gods throughout human history. But now I have strong feelings about the subject and great curiosity to learn about the various religions/mythologies/superstitions which infect our modern society. And I also feel compelled to plant the seeds of logical & reasonable questions into the minds of the faithful/gullible religious people I encounter.

Welcome, Tom.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
26-12-2013, 07:24 PM
I'm Baruch

I am a 36 year old male, work as a pharmacist and aspiring philosopher. Love debates and used to be a religious zealot turned heretic. These days love to help people avoid confusions and deceptions by teaching critical thinking skills especially when it comes to medicine and mystic transcendental ontological woo and xhoo.
Find all posts by this user
26-12-2013, 07:39 PM
(26-12-2013 07:24 PM)Baruch Wrote:  I'm Baruch

I am a 36 year old male, work as a pharmacist and aspiring philosopher. Love debates and used to be a religious zealot turned heretic. These days love to help people avoid confusions and deceptions by teaching critical thinking skills especially when it comes to medicine and mystic transcendental ontological woo and xhoo.

Baruch ha-ba, Baruch. Smile

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
26-12-2013, 10:51 PM
Welcome to one and all to the TTA asylum Thumbsup

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
27-12-2013, 02:28 AM
(26-12-2013 02:20 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Hallo, I didnt realise that I was not supposed to open a thread for interducing myself.

I am German, 23 year old and have been atheist for a very long time.

Nah, don't worry, you can create your own intro thread or introduce yourself here. Or both if you want to (the route you took). Welcome again!

[Image: giphy.gif]
27-12-2013, 09:21 AM
Greetings,

I'm Ana, I'm from Croatia and I'm 13 years old. I grew up in a very christian environment, although my parents aren't/weren't very religious, the rest of the people in my surroundings are/were. My grandmother was the one who indoctrinated me, and managed to keep me in Christianity for 12 years, but I became an atheist about a year ago, thanks to the overwhelming lack of evidence on Religions side. So yeah.. That would be all.
27-12-2013, 12:06 PM
(27-12-2013 09:21 AM)ScrumTheMailBox Wrote:  Greetings,

I'm Ana, I'm from Croatia and I'm 13 years old. I grew up in a very christian environment, although my parents aren't/weren't very religious, the rest of the people in my surroundings are/were. My grandmother was the one who indoctrinated me, and managed to keep me in Christianity for 12 years, but I became an atheist about a year ago, thanks to the overwhelming lack of evidence on Religions side. So yeah.. That would be all.

Hi, Ana.

I must say you have great grammar and spelling for only being 13. Well done! Thumbsup

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
27-12-2013, 02:49 PM (This post was last modified: 27-12-2013 03:30 PM by MaxToTheMaxFTW.)
'Sup? I'm MaxToTheMaxFTW, and I'm new here. You can call me Max. Anyway, I'm a 13-year-old atheist coming from a religious family. I was raised a Christian, and was one until about 7 months ago (May 31st). On that day, I became an agnostic. Eventually, I became an atheist, and started flip-flopping from atheist to agnostic and vice versa. Now, I'm an atheist, and I made my last switch from agnostic to atheist a while ago, so I'm pretty much set now.
As for my interests, I'm in to Doctor Who, The Big Bang Theory (the show, although I as an atheist full support the theory itself), How I Met Your Mother, Gravity Falls, and Minecraft.
It's great to be here, and I look forward to visiting the forums. Smile
27-12-2013, 05:01 PM
Hello all. My name is Michael and I am a fairly recently converted atheist. Never was a big believer, but definitely identified as Christian, Episcopalian to be more specific. Had a couple of events in my life cause me to seriously question things, and I didn't like the answers I found.

I live in the SE United States, am a 45 year old man. I've been working in the financial services industry for 20 years now. My main hobby is road racing so be warned if you get my started on that it may be hard to get me to shut up again.
28-12-2013, 05:46 AM
(27-12-2013 12:06 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(27-12-2013 09:21 AM)ScrumTheMailBox Wrote:  Greetings,

Hi, Ana.

I must say you have great grammar and spelling for only being 13. Well done! Thumbsup

Thanks Big Grin
Thread Closed