Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
07-01-2014, 12:58 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(07-01-2014 12:33 PM)Scarlet622 Wrote:  I'm a 30 year old mother of 2 in Colorado. I attempted to be christian when I was younger because I thought that was what I was supposed to be, until I started to educate myself and realized I didn't believe any of it. I was too afraid to admit it to anyone since I didn't know any non-believers at the time (at least openly). I soon found out my dad was atheist (he just never talked about it), my brother became atheist very openly and I started to research. I started calling myself agnostic, thinking that my friends and extended family wouldn't hate me for just "not knowing". But the time came that I just couldn't hide it anymore and am a fully open atheist now. To some of my religious in-laws, I don't know what they think of me; I don't shout it out everywhere I go, but if they ask, I will answer honestly. I believe none of it!! Wink I have a hard time finding like-minded friends, other than my amazing atheist co-workers! Sometimes I wish it were easier to meet more secular people. If there's anyone on this forum in the Denver area, let me know!! Smile I would love to raise my kids around more tolerant people! I look forward to reading some great discussions! I love this podcast!

Have you tried meet up.com or look thru websites from American Humanist, etc to find people locally. welcome to TTA

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
07-01-2014, 03:44 PM
Hello newbies Smile
Welcome to the TTA nuthouse.
Hope you enjoy your stay!

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
07-01-2014, 04:21 PM
Wow. Welcome to the teeming hordes of newcomers. Shocking

Jump in, be active. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-01-2014, 04:23 PM
Hello Noobs - Welcome to our little asylum...I mean forum. Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
08-01-2014, 06:37 PM
Howdo. Dad, journalist, Englishman living in Scotland, fly fisherman, photographer, dog walker, outdoors lover, and I guess I'm an atheist though I'm nowhere near as clever about it as some of the folks on this forum (brains the size of planets, some of you). I've just got a natural aversion to supernatural hogwash of all kinds. Anyway, that's me, looking forward to hanging out here and contributing when I can understand what most of you are on about. Cheerio.
[+] 4 users Like stevenelawson's post
08-01-2014, 08:05 PM
(22-12-2013 12:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  Welcome. Do you do CAD/CAM stuff? Ever used a Boston Digital machine?

I know it has been a hundred years since youve asked that question but I hate giving incomplete answers. I have mostly used HAAS, Okuma and Mori Seiki. My current employer has me using Mitsubishi Horizontal Boring Machines.

I am decent at programming CNC machines with GibbsCam 2012 and Mastercam X. I can also use solidworks to create models that I can import into both of those Cad/Cam systems to create surfacing type programs. I am however not a programmer officially.

Take Care

[Image: banner580x90_zpse43f1abd.png]
08-01-2014, 08:53 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2014 09:30 PM by GirlyMan.)
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate. Evil_monster

Welcome heathens and infidels and theists! Abandon all hope.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-01-2014, 05:20 AM
Hello everyone! I am Harry, 30 years old, and i am a former Orthodox Christian (Greek Orthodox). i have been an atheist for about 10 years now. I was born and raised in Cyprus and currently live here as well. Cyprus consists of about 78% Orthodox Christians among its Greek-Cypriot population.

I have been listening to Seth's podcasts for the last year "religiously" hehe Tongue and I really enjoy the conversations and the topics/guests of the show.

Seth thank you for everything you do for the community!
09-01-2014, 10:58 AM
I've been looking for a good website with some intelligently people to talk to. Looks like I've found it. My name is Greg and when I was 11 my priest told me that I couldn't believe in dinosaurs because their here to test our faith... Never looked back, lol.
09-01-2014, 11:04 AM
Welcome to all the newbies.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Thread Closed