Introduce Yourself HERE!

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
12-01-2014, 03:58 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
I'm an author - Contributing Editor for The American Rationalist, I write a regular column ("Dogma Watch") for American Atheist Magazine, and contribute regularly to Free Inquiry. I just published my first book, No Meek Messiah, and am working on a second edition which will include notable editors and publishers. - Michael Paulkovich, shamelessly self-promoting.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like gekritzl's post
12-01-2014, 06:51 PM
Hello everyone!

You can take the egotistically-fathomed dogmatic moral system you call what "should be" and shove it up your asshole for thinking it's applicable to anyone but yourself.
12-01-2014, 09:29 PM
(12-01-2014 03:58 PM)gekritzl Wrote:  I'm an author - Contributing Editor for The American Rationalist, I write a regular column ("Dogma Watch") for American Atheist Magazine, and contribute regularly to Free Inquiry. I just published my first book, No Meek Messiah, and am working on a second edition which will include notable editors and publishers. - Michael Paulkovich, shamelessly self-promoting.

Welcome! I just ran across a copy of Free Inquiry just yesterday -- very nice!

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
12-01-2014, 09:52 PM
Okay.

I'm Beccs (short for Rebecca). I'm a 29 year old crazy chick from Australia currently living and working in New Zealand.

I don't drink enough, swear too much and am a recovered Catholic (16 years clean).
[+] 4 users Like Beccs's post
12-01-2014, 11:41 PM
(12-01-2014 09:52 PM)Beccs Wrote:  Okay.

I'm Beccs (short for Rebecca). I'm a 29 year old crazy chick from Australia currently living and working in New Zealand.

I don't drink enough, swear too much and am a recovered Catholic (16 years clean).

Don't you mean 16 years dirty ? Big Grin

Welcome new people Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
13-01-2014, 08:48 PM
NOVA SCOTIA
HI EVERYONE FROM CANADA'S OCEAN PLAYGROUND, FROZEN OVER AT THE PRESENT TIME, I HAVE A SUGGESTION FOR A GUEST ON THE PODCAST, PAT CONDELL, THIS DUDES GOT A LOT TO SAY, ANYONE AGREE??
13-01-2014, 10:47 PM
Current Events of My Life in a Very Small Nutshell

My name is Andrea Noel Pearson. I was born into a faith filled, God fearing family and raised to believe that the Bible is the infallible word of the one true God and must never be questioned or doubted.
I recently resigned my position as Manager over my parents property management company and took some time off to contemplate my existence. During that time, I decided to (for the first time in my 36 years on this planet), read the Bible from cover to cover.
What I thought would be a spiritual blessing proved to be one of the two most traumatic experiences of my life (the other being my Father's suicide in 1998).
I'm taking my discovery one day at a time. Some days I regret having read the Old Testament - faith is after all, the laziest way to navigate through life. But most days I am glad to be free from the guilt over always disappointing a perfect and righteous God.
I don't know how to come out to my family and friends. I hope this website will assist by providing me sound advice from those who relate to my circumstance.
Thanks for reading.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-01-2014, 11:33 PM
(13-01-2014 10:47 PM)andreanoel Wrote:  I don't know how to come out to my family and friends. I hope this website will assist by providing me sound advice from those who relate to my circumstance.
Thanks for reading.

Hey, welcome Smile Coming out... Most of my friends / relatives have found out by now but I only tell people on a need to know basis i.e. if they ask me or if I feel like telling them. It's *your* internal state, not anyone else's business Wink Your mileage may vary...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
14-01-2014, 12:20 AM
(12-01-2014 09:52 PM)Beccs Wrote:  Okay.

Welcome Beccs!

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
14-01-2014, 12:50 AM
Hi,

I'm Terry 'Pete' Hanson from a tiny town in the darkest regions of North Dakota. I've been an atheist since sometime in 2011, but I can't quite place when. Not quite sure what else to say, but I guess I'll figure it out.

Pete