Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
14-01-2014, 12:53 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
What it do.. My name is Joshua and im 22 years old!! I've been a atheist for about 4 years...My family and friends know... They freaked out at first then over time my family just gave in and accepted it an a few of my friends became an atheist which i didn't see coming. love the podcast so why not join in on the forums...
Find all posts by this user
14-01-2014, 01:02 AM
*Shuffles in...*

Um...Hi...(>_>)

I've been lurking about on the forum for a while now... Added a few posts (Which i hope added to the threads they were posted in) and am generally enjoying reading the various messages and comments.

*Cough*

Also...am a happy atheist/agnostic (No belief in any divine)

Much cheers to all.
14-01-2014, 01:44 AM
(13-01-2014 10:47 PM)andreanoel Wrote:  Current Events of My Life in a Very Small Nutshell

My name is Andrea Noel Pearson. I was born into a faith filled, God fearing family and raised to believe that the Bible is the infallible word of the one true God and must never be questioned or doubted.
I recently resigned my position as Manager over my parents property management company and took some time off to contemplate my existence. During that time, I decided to (for the first time in my 36 years on this planet), read the Bible from cover to cover.
What I thought would be a spiritual blessing proved to be one of the two most traumatic experiences of my life (the other being my Father's suicide in 1998).
I'm taking my discovery one day at a time. Some days I regret having read the Old Testament - faith is after all, the laziest way to navigate through life. But most days I am glad to be free from the guilt over always disappointing a perfect and righteous God.
I don't know how to come out to my family and friends. I hope this website will assist by providing me sound advice from those who relate to my circumstance.
Thanks for reading.

<hugs> Welcome, Andrea. Hope we can help you get through all this.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
14-01-2014, 03:04 AM
Hello, it's a lonely world here in bible thumping Texasville for an atheist.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
14-01-2014, 03:33 PM
Hello to all our newbies. Welcome Smile

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
14-01-2014, 08:12 PM
Hello everyone, my name is Ty Davis and I'll be 16 on the 27th. I live in Ohio and go to a private Christian school. My parents aren't extremely religious, but my dad has recently become increasingly more so by the day. I've never necessarily believed in god he's just kind of been that thing in the corner that I just accepted as part of life. I began questioning religion about a year ago after I met a friend through work who was an atheist. He opened my eyes to so much and I'll be eternally grateful, but I've also gone through the worst year of my life. Deconverting is an extremely painful process, especially still having the fear of burning in hell for eternity that's the worst. I made this account today because I think this had been the hardest day I've had. I told my grandfather, a baptist preacher, that I don't think I believe in god, which made him cry. I feel horrible that I made a grown man cry it shook me to my inner core and I don't think I'll ever forget it. I'm just looking for people who understand what I'm going through and can maybe help.
[+] 1 user Likes TyDavis27's post
15-01-2014, 08:58 AM
Hi, my name is Dave and like many I grew up in the church and I even taught Sunday school for a while. I drifted slowly away from the church and then started to think more about the basic ideas of religion (It's easier to be objective about it when you aren't immersed in it). I'd always gotten caught up in the latest debate about minutia (was Calvin right or Aquinas) to really step back and look at it as a whole. My 10 year old daughter and I started listening to the podcasts a year or so ago and I'm glad we did. I've been agnostic for some time, and through this site/show and other outlets I've been reading more of the counter-apologetics and other atheistic arguments. I work in the biotech industry and have always had a love of science, the stranger the better.
15-01-2014, 10:46 AM
Wow, how completely bizarre to be here. I've been in the deconversion process for a couple of years now. And look where I am! I used to hang out in the christian forums with all my holy bible thumping knowledge. Talk about a mindbender! I'm enjoying the cleanup my brain is going through. Much sharper now that god and company do not reside here.
[+] 1 user Likes sandyo's post
15-01-2014, 11:32 AM
Welcome to you TyDavis27, ScienceNerd, and sandyo.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-01-2014, 09:42 PM
Hello everyone! I'm Joe and I'm 28. Been listening to Seth for about a year and a half, now. I've been an atheist for a little over 3 years. I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys and having some great discussion!
[+] 1 user Likes KungFuGenius's post
Thread Closed