Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
14-06-2011, 02:32 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
hello all,
like most of you, i come with a troubled heart. Not with how i use my belief systems to help me interpret and determine my place within the world and within the relationships i've established; but, i need help to understand how/why i feel these structured and rigid religions are detrimental, not only to the growth of but, to the very existence of my nation, the USA. it's my understanding that even the non-military citizens are charged with protecting the nation against threats, foreign and domestic. if that is true, i would like to accept that charge.

with any kind of learning, if i knew what i didn't know: it would just be a function of finding the answer.

your views on this matter are thus requested.

thank you,
be well
Find all posts by this user
16-06-2011, 09:10 PM (This post was last modified: 16-06-2011 09:32 PM by GirlyMan.)
Hi Larry!

(14-06-2011 02:32 PM)LarryT Wrote:  like most of you, i come with a troubled heart.

Not me.

(14-06-2011 02:32 PM)LarryT Wrote:  but, i need help to understand how/why i feel these structured and rigid religions are detrimental, not only to the growth of but, to the very existence of my nation, the USA. it's my understanding that even the non-military citizens are charged with protecting the nation against threats, foreign and domestic. if that is true, i would like to accept that charge.
(14-06-2011 02:32 PM)LarryT Wrote:  ... your views on this matter are thus requested.

Okay, per your request. Religion has outlived its usefulness. It will die off of its own accord soon enough without you taking extraordinary action. Just sit back and watch the death throes.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
16-06-2011, 09:13 PM

Heyo,

I'm a 15 year old male from Canada, my passion is politics.
I've been athiest for years, and George Carlin introduced me into being athiest
I plan on creating a political party believing in the environment and human rights and freedoms. I want to take elitism out of Canada and North America, scrap white supremisy, straight supremisy and theist supremisy.

I joined the forums for two reasons
1. The podcasts are always brilliant, as well as Seth, the videos, and thankyou for what you are doing
2. I want help and opinion from the community for my future, I plan to dedicate my life into politics.

Thank you people!!! Big Grin
17-06-2011, 02:49 AM

Hello there!

I'm 31 and a born again atheist. I'm still not out in the open but I am sort of giving hints that I am an atheist to people I know. It won't bother me if they'll find out. I am actually proud of it.

Mabuhay from the Philippines!
17-06-2011, 06:10 AM

Hey there, I found this forum after googling "How to fuck with jehovah's witnesses" so I feel as though I'm in the right place Big Grin

I'm a 19 year old brit, and I've never really heavily believed in a god, but I am a victim of the uk religious education curriculum and I am glad to be free of the guilt religion creates just for having your own thoughts and personality.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and having some great discussions.
Thank you!
17-06-2011, 06:36 PM
(17-06-2011 06:10 AM)Pynkfloyd Wrote:  Hey there, I found this forum after googling "How to fuck with jehovah's witnesses" so I feel as though I'm in the right place Big Grin

I'm a 19 year old brit, and I've never really heavily believed in a god, but I am a victim of the uk religious education curriculum and I am glad to be free of the guilt religion creates just for having your own thoughts and personality.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and having some great discussions.
Thank you!

So I'm definitely not the only 19 year old Brit Smile Welcome to the forum.

I'm guessing this is the thread you found ??

http://thethinkingatheist.com/forum/Thre...-witnesses

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
17-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Wait... so we can introduce ourselves in this thread... or make a thread?

Was I only supposed to do one way? o.o;

"Science is interesting, if you don't agree, you can fuck off."
Go to my youtube channel and subscribe please!
18-06-2011, 05:03 AM

(17-06-2011 06:36 PM)hughsie Wrote:  So I'm definitely not the only 19 year old Brit Smile Welcome to the forum.

I'm guessing this is the thread you found ??

http://thethinkingatheist.com/forum/Thre...-witnesses

Certainly was Big Grin

Thanks for the welcome! I only decided to google after they'd been so I just ignored them knocking then binned their crappy watchtower leaflet.
18-06-2011, 09:18 AM
Quote:Thanks for the welcome! I only decided to google after they'd been so I just ignored them knocking then binned their crappy watchtower leaflet.

Was it the full ridiculous leaflet, complete with descriptions about how the lamb will lie with the wolf and humans and animals will all live in harmony when God rules on the Earth once more? Thats the one I got a while back. Gave me a good laugh before I binned it.

Quote:Wait... so we can introduce ourselves in this thread... or make a thread?

Was I only supposed to do one way? o.o;

You can do one, both, or neither. Totally up to you. This forum isn't heavily moderated.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
18-06-2011, 01:47 PM

Hi, I'm from Iceland, I'm turning 17 in December and I am an atheist. I'm open about my atheism, except that I try very hard to hide it from my grandparents and my uncle which happens to be a priest. I plan to change that once I've finished reading the bible.

I have always been skeptical but I did believe in god from beginning of 2008 till the end of 2008.

Religion annoys me very much but I try to hide that fact and rather pretend to not care because people are highly defensive when it comes to religion.
Thread Closed