Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
19-01-2014, 04:45 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(19-01-2014 03:06 PM)beatrix kiddo Wrote:  Hi,I'm 35 and a mother of 3.I am very open about being an atheist(expect at work).I work in the medical field.My bf is also an atheist,so that makes life easier.I'm a lover of anything science.I'm not good at the whole introducing "myself" thing,so sorry if it's cheezySmile

You put the easy in cheezy. I love you, you godless bitch!
Find all posts by this user
19-01-2014, 10:41 PM
Hei, all! I'm a Scandinavian/Celtic/Canadian humanist and weak atheist/strong agnostic. The way I see it, even if gods exist it's not possible to definitively declare them to be genuine or not. I'm not averse to the existence of non-supernatural god-like beings, though.

That said, I've arbitrarily declared Myself to be a god-like being in charge of the Northern Hemisphere vernal equinox, punctuation, chocolate, and random equipment malfunctions. Conveniently, these are things that don't actually need intervention from a god. (Oh, and I'm also agnostic regarding My own divinity.) My holy weapon of choice is the dreaded Clue-By-Four, a piece of oak that looks very much like a cricket bat, with the runic inscription "Heimskingistafr" ("Idiot Stick" in Old Norse).

When not taking care of My divine responsibilities -- Or lack thereof -- I play clarinet in several local community concert bands and type medical reports at a hospital. Oh, and I make mead, too. (cracks open a few bottles and passes them around) Skál!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Astreja's post
20-01-2014, 02:55 AM
Hi everyone
am just your everyday non believer that joined the new atheist movement after reading RD. I am concerned about the influence of right wing Christian narionalism on the political scene.
21-01-2014, 11:56 AM
Good Morning,

I am 52 yrs old married and have 3 children. My view is I want to know the truth and have it based on fact no matter where it leads.

Evolution is just as much fantasy as other views as science progresses it is evident there was some intelligent design involved in the intricate ecosystems of our beautiful planet. DNA could have never evolved it is a master code of extreme intricacy that had to be perfect from day 1 to reproduce and it is in every living thing on Earth.

What some may call "God" others may call "ET" but all of the historical evidences indicate we have been visited for many thousands of years by beings from somewhere...another dimension....other planets.....maybe one day soon we will all see them face to face.
21-01-2014, 12:33 PM
I am very old and I don't believe in anything anymore.
[+] 1 user Likes Deltabravo's post
21-01-2014, 12:58 PM
Welcome to the new members, jump right in - don't be shy.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
21-01-2014, 05:20 PM
Where do I even start?
22-01-2014, 08:26 AM
Hi Folks!

Random Owen facts:

I'm a twin.
I have 2 kids (boy child aged 11, girl child aged 7).
I'm terrified of moths (although I call them zombie butterflies).
I live in a small town just outside of Manchester, England.
I'm a raving geek, with a strange love of sci fi, fantasy, horror and superhero comics (and I have the tattoos to prove it!).
Old people get on my nerves. Have you ever noticed how, when they step off an escalator, they immediately forget where they are, what they were doing and where they were going. They suddenly look around thinking "where am I..?"
Nobody really cares that I'm an atheist in England. It's not that big of a deal.
I'm a little bit of a grammar Nazi.

Aaaaand... Hello!
22-01-2014, 01:23 PM
My name is Darrell, and I live in California. I'm 68 years old and have been an atheist since I found out about Santa Claus. (about 7 or 8 years old) When I was very young I thought religion was kind of like the Santa Claus game, and no one really believed it. When I realized that people really did believe, I thought there was something wrong with me, so I tried to believe, but you can't make your self believe something. Some where along the line i realized there was nothing wrong with me, so I just never talked about my unbelief. Then came the internet. one day I typed the word atheist into one of the early search engines, and waited for the dial up page to load. I found out something that day- I was not alone, and from that day on I have never shyed away from letting anyone know that I'm a proud atheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Darrell's post
22-01-2014, 03:14 PM
It's all in the signature
|
|
V

Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
Thread Closed