Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
23-01-2014, 12:50 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hey there

I am Mark, a 43 year old engineer. I spent most of my life trying to believe chritian teaching, but they always did not add up. A few yeas back I embraced the fact that I do not believe in that. Unfortunately I need to keep that to myself.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
24-01-2014, 03:35 PM
Hi everyone, I'm Jeff, a 53-year-old midwesterner transplanted to Miami.

The contradictions in religions just aren't making sense to me.

Don't play the rhumba and don't play the samba, 'cause papa loves mambo tonight!Thumbsup
24-01-2014, 04:19 PM
Welcome aboard Jeff!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

24-01-2014, 10:57 PM (This post was last modified: 24-01-2014 11:41 PM by Lara.)
Sick of facebook! Smile 33, atheist, single mom, Central Illinois.
[+] 2 users Like Lara's post
25-01-2014, 12:08 AM
(24-01-2014 10:57 PM)Lara Wrote:  Sick of facebook! Smile 33, atheist, single mom, Central Illinois.

Welcome!
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
25-01-2014, 12:40 AM
(21-01-2014 11:56 AM)Crusader Wrote:  Good Morning,

I am 52 yrs old married and have 3 children. My view is I want to know the truth and have it based on fact no matter where it leads.

Evolution is just as much fantasy as other views as science progresses it is evident there was some intelligent design involved in the intricate ecosystems of our beautiful planet.

...for someone who says he wants to know the truth, you seem to have some strong preconceptions. At any rate, I'm a newbie too, welcome.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
25-01-2014, 10:10 AM
hello
im steve
27-01-2014, 09:42 AM
Hi, my name is Matt. I was raised a Jew but I call myself an atheist. I love science, space and recently have become more interested in atheism.

I consider Judaism more of a culture these days, so I still hang on to the dialect, holidays, cuisine and secular traditions, while not believing the Judeo-Christian god. I think Judaism has some very rich cultural traditions, but they can be adapted to reason, science and modernity. For example, I'll step on glass at my wedding, but the women and men can interact. It's OK to have a baby naming ceremony, but it's wrong to publicly mutilate genitals. You get the picture.

There are two major reasons I consider myself an atheist: One, I just don't buy into the fact that IF there was a god, that humans and the planet Earth are so special in this gigantically huge universe. Two, as a secular Jew, I support a homeland, Israel, for my people who have been dying and persecuted for so many years. There are of course many problems in that part of the world, and I have come to realize that religion is the culprit.
[+] 1 user Likes Rogue Jew's post
27-01-2014, 10:35 AM
I'm Phil and just as Christians say Christianity isn't a religion it's a relationship with Jesus, I day my relationship is with reality therefore I'm an atheist.

Using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user Likes Phil Hill's post
27-01-2014, 11:39 AM
Wow! So many new additions since last dropping into this thread.

Welcome all.

Jump right and please be careful not to step on the trolls.

Thread Closed