Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
29-01-2014, 03:09 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello All,

No prizes for working out that I am Steve. Live in Lincolnshire UK aged 55.
Long time atheist, can't remember ever not being one despite, or maybe because, I went to a Church of England primary school. This was because Mum was a teacher and she knew it to be the best school in the area. not because of any family religion, The whole family are Atheists.

Don't know when this becomes too much information so I will stop now.

Best wishes
Steve
Find all posts by this user
29-01-2014, 04:04 PM
(29-01-2014 03:09 PM)stevec Wrote:  Hello All,

No prizes for working out that I am Steve. Live in Lincolnshire UK aged 55.
Long time atheist, can't remember ever not being one despite, or maybe because, I went to a Church of England primary school. This was because Mum was a teacher and she knew it to be the best school in the area. not because of any family religion, The whole family are Atheists.

Don't know when this becomes too much information so I will stop now.

Best wishes
Steve

Welcome Steve, look forward to getting to know ya better!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-01-2014, 04:39 PM
The name is Kevin. I enjoy studying religion, particularly modern theology, early Christianity, and Second Temple Judaism to name a few of my favorite areas of study. I'm not an atheist but enjoy engaging with people of all religious perspectives (or lack thereof).
29-01-2014, 06:30 PM
Hello my fellow heathens. I am an atheist who was born and raised in an Amish community.
29-01-2014, 06:34 PM
(29-01-2014 06:30 PM)Amishatheist Wrote:  Hello my fellow heathens. I am an atheist who was born and raised in an Amish community.

I'd like to hear all about that experience!
Welcome.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
29-01-2014, 09:25 PM
Hi all,
I just joined a few minutes ago.

I'm currently living in upstate NY, USA. I'm in my mid-40's and after a 10 year journey out of faith just recently was able to say out loud, "I think, I'm an atheist." followed by "I hope, if I'm wrong, that god will understand my doubt."

Thanks to the videos on this sight and others found on You Tube, I can now say, "right now, I am an atheist". I just can't tell my missionary parents, or Pentecostal ordained minister sister, or my facebook friends.

I'm a former conservative, fundamental, evangelical, creationist, turned atheist.
Most of my facebook friends know me from my time either as a regional Bible quizzing champ, or missionary, or Pastor's wife, or Christian Book Store owner, or homeschooler, or teen leader, etc, etc.

My husband and children are all very supportive. My 21 yr old daughter could only say 'Now?'. She wishes I'd come to this realization much earlier in her life.

I hope to become a part of this community as I continue to discover the world without the filter of a 'just god'.
[+] 1 user Likes GwenB3's post
30-01-2014, 09:55 AM
I'm Paul, 35. I live just outside Chester, on the border between England and Wales.

Was brought up as a Jehovah's Witness, but gradually questioned and "fell away" as I grew up. Discovered Aronra and others on Youtube, and quickly realised that I'm an atheist.
30-01-2014, 10:31 AM
(29-01-2014 06:30 PM)Amishatheist Wrote:  Hello my fellow heathens. I am an atheist who was born and raised in an Amish community.

Welcome. You might want to be prepared for questions about the Amish.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-01-2014, 10:33 AM
(29-01-2014 09:25 PM)GwenB3 Wrote:  Hi all,
I just joined a few minutes ago.

I'm currently living in upstate NY, USA. I'm in my mid-40's and after a 10 year journey out of faith just recently was able to say out loud, "I think, I'm an atheist." followed by "I hope, if I'm wrong, that god will understand my doubt."

Thanks to the videos on this sight and others found on You Tube, I can now say, "right now, I am an atheist". I just can't tell my missionary parents, or Pentecostal ordained minister sister, or my facebook friends.

I'm a former conservative, fundamental, evangelical, creationist, turned atheist.
Most of my facebook friends know me from my time either as a regional Bible quizzing champ, or missionary, or Pastor's wife, or Christian Book Store owner, or homeschooler, or teen leader, etc, etc.

My husband and children are all very supportive. My 21 yr old daughter could only say 'Now?'. She wishes I'd come to this realization much earlier in her life.

I hope to become a part of this community as I continue to discover the world without the filter of a 'just god'.

Welcome. I'd like to hear about your journey when you are ready to tell it.

30-01-2014, 10:33 AM
(30-01-2014 09:55 AM)PabloM Wrote:  I'm Paul, 35. I live just outside Chester, on the border between England and Wales.

Was brought up as a Jehovah's Witness, but gradually questioned and "fell away" as I grew up. Discovered Aronra and others on Youtube, and quickly realised that I'm an atheist.

Welcome. There are some other ex-JWs here.

Thread Closed