Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
03-02-2014, 02:39 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hey folks, I'm Riccardo from Italy, I'm 16 and I became an atheist when I was 11. Not doing much now, just studying so I can get into University. So yeah Smile

Always be yourself, unless you can be Pikachu, always be Pikachu
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ThereIsButOneCthulhu's post
04-02-2014, 09:33 PM
Hey everyone, I'm Taylor from Austin. I'm new to the forum, but far from new to atheism or the atheist community. I have a YouTube channel (same as my username) I've been running for around 5 or 6 years now, a website and blog (in my sig), and I've known the guys on The Atheist Experience for several years, too. I just decided it was time to try and participate a bit more online. Heard about the site by stumbling across podcast episodes with some prominent atheists I enjoy listening to every now and then.

• GodlessHaven.com
  • The Godless Skeptic
  • Find all posts by this user
    [+] 2 users Like TaylorX04's post
    06-02-2014, 08:14 AM
    I believe in Science and Reason. I will be forever awed by the common everyday occurrences that are considered conspiracies.
    06-02-2014, 06:01 PM
    Hey there. Name's Jim. 45, libertarian, atheist. Ran the gamut of faith and unbelief, and what finally got me full atheist is a combination of NASCAR and The Chicago Cubs. I sent the story to Seth, so we'll see if he reads it on air. lol. Seriously, I've just seen way too many logical inconsistencies with belief in a deity, and also seen so many "miracles" that could be easily explained by other means. I'm skeptical of big religion, big government, big business, big labor, and a new category I made up "big conspiracy."

Thanks for not kicking me out!
    [+] 1 user Likes Inkyatari's post
    06-02-2014, 06:38 PM
    Hello I'm Zakk, I'm an atheist with a bit of an interest in Buddhism and Satanism. I'm also a Brony.........Don't look at me like that!
    06-02-2014, 06:44 PM
    Hello. Finally got on the forums.

I live in Pennsylvania, the beautiful state with Utah-eque liquor laws and an attempt to put In God We Trust in every classroom.

I've been an atheist since I was about eleven years old, about the time that I realized the only difference between my parents and the ancient Greeks was that my parents' fairy tales were still considered religion instead of myth. In the last few years I've gotten a lot more involved, since I finally woke up to how much political and social power the far-right has in this country. Now I listen to Seth at work and my stepson giggles at Steve Shives.

So, here I am, sick of the websites I'm usually on and decided to get a little more actively involved in what seems like one of the better atheist communities online.
    06-02-2014, 08:32 PM
    welcome all the new folks, glad to have you aboard. Thumbsup

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
    [+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
    07-02-2014, 04:27 AM
    Hello!!!!

I am a 19 year old female in Las Vegas, NV. I am a dance/gymnastics instructor, majoring in Space Studies, and working to become a professional aviator. I had no clue there were so many of us!!! I was raised Lutheran, but have always been skeptical. I made the decision a few years ago to tell my sister that I don't believe the bible is true. Now every Christmas my sister will ask me "When are you gonna tell everyone you don't believe in Jesus?" I have officially admitted to myself that I am an atheist about a month ago. But I am unsure of whether or not to "come out". Still no one in my family knows about this, only a close friend. I have a passion for dance, a big passion for flying planes, and an even bigger passion to keep learning about anything and everythingSmileHeartSmileHeart
    [+] 3 users Like avalontheresa's post
    07-02-2014, 11:22 AM
    (07-02-2014 04:27 AM)avalontheresa Wrote:  Hello!!!!

I am a 19 year old female in Las Vegas, NV. I am a dance/gymnastics instructor, majoring in Space Studies, and working to become a professional aviator. I had no clue there were so many of us!!! I was raised Lutheran, but have always been skeptical. I made the decision a few years ago to tell my sister that I don't believe the bible is true. Now every Christmas my sister will ask me "When are you gonna tell everyone you don't believe in Jesus?" I have officially admitted to myself that I am an atheist about a month ago. But I am unsure of whether or not to "come out". Still no one in my family knows about this, only a close friend. I have a passion for dance, a big passion for flying planes, and an even bigger passion to keep learning about anything and everythingSmileHeartSmileHeart

Welcome to the forum. Stay curious. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
    Science is not a subject, but a method.
    [Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
    Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
    07-02-2014, 12:15 PM
    Hi, I'm from Philadelphia. I work for a law firm as an executive assistant, but really am a jack-of-all-trades of sorts. I have BS in Criminal Justice and am looking to get back to graduate school for a master's degree in... something, probably sociology. Not sure yet. I love to write for fun, including fanfiction (yeah yeah I know lol) and maybe one day I'll publish something. Probably in my dreams. I've recently begun to further my efforts of de-programming myself from the religions indoctrinations of my childhood as well as all the baggage that came with it. Haha. It's been a crazy ride, to say the least. I wrote a long winded de-conversion story over in the appropriate thread.

Oh, I have an evil black cat named Jacks. I'm pretty sure she's a British Bombay, but probably with a mix of other things.
    [+] 3 users Like Deerdra's post
    Thread Closed