Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
22-02-2014, 05:00 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hi everyone!

30 year old female here, and a relatively new deconvert. Was one of those fanatical born again christians, but thankfully my eyes were slowly but surely opened to the absurdity of it all. As of yet I'm not sure what to call myself with regards to my beliefs (or lack of them), but figuring it out as I walk along this wonderful new found path with the freedom to do and be whatever I want. Smile
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like DarkHorse's post
22-02-2014, 01:42 PM
I'm a former Southern Baptist and have been an atheist for about 12 years, after a 10-year "woo" transition time. I came out of the closet about five years ago because I was deeply concerned - no, alarmed - by the encroachment of religion in politics, government, businesses, educational system and social interactions. For me, it's time to stand up, speak out and to help put a stop to the nonsense.
[+] 4 users Like Auntie Atheist's post
22-02-2014, 06:18 PM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2014 06:41 PM by Matrim Cauthon.)
G'Day!

My name is Mat, I'm in my late thirties, I live Alabama (US), and I own a medium-sized technology company. Please do not be alarmed when you find out that this is my pen name. Small business owners (who aren't prepared to take that first bullet for the team in their town) around here have to take care not to anger the mob. However, even though it is my pen name - this doesn't mean I'm going to try and get away with anything...especially here, where I hope to feel very "at home". My pen name is only to prevent Christian Persecution, which even though it is denied that it exists here - it most certainly does.

Anyway - nuff about that:

I'm 3 years sober (from Christianity - thanks for the term Seth!), but I started weening myself off more than 15 years ago, and it's been a great and terrible ride. I grew up a consistent leader among my peers in my Christian Youth Group, led classes, groups, boy scouts, etc - born to lead, so to speak, and did so until I finally began seeing behind the curtain (lucky for me to have the intimate dealings, perspectives, and involvements that I did) about 15 years ago.

I have started a youtube channel, like others (http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDiplomati...st/about), and although no videos are on there yet - there are a BUNCH of good channels I've linked to there (DarkMatter2525, and TheThinkingAtheist, for examples). So far - I've laughed, thought, and philosophied, and have thoroughly enjoyed most ALL the stuff I've found so far...and have decided to take my place among you, do my part, and join the cause. Wink We'll see if I get ruined in my town for this, lol...

Good luck to all, and hope to make many friends and acquaintances!

- M. Cauthon
[+] 1 user Likes Matrim Cauthon's post
22-02-2014, 06:20 PM
Welcome DarkHorse, Auntie, and.... Laugh out load Matrim Blush Tongue

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
22-02-2014, 07:33 PM
(22-02-2014 06:18 PM)Matrim Cauthon Wrote:  G'Day!

My name is Mat, I'm in my late thirties, I live Alabama (US), and I own a medium-sized technology company. Please do not be alarmed when you find out that this is my pen name. Small business owners (who aren't prepared to take that first bullet for the team in their town) around here have to take care not to anger the mob. However, even though it is my pen name - this doesn't mean I'm going to try and get away with anything...especially here, where I hope to feel very "at home". My pen name is only to prevent Christian Persecution, which even though it is denied that it exists here - it most certainly does.

Anyway - nuff about that:

I'm 3 years sober (from Christianity - thanks for the term Seth!), but I started weening myself off more than 15 years ago, and it's been a great and terrible ride. I grew up a consistent leader among my peers in my Christian Youth Group, led classes, groups, boy scouts, etc - born to lead, so to speak, and did so until I finally began seeing behind the curtain (lucky for me to have the intimate dealings, perspectives, and involvements that I did) about 15 years ago.

I have started a youtube channel, like others (http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDiplomati...st/about), and although no videos are on there yet - there are a BUNCH of good channels I've linked to there (DarkMatter2525, and TheThinkingAtheist, for examples). So far - I've laughed, thought, and philosophied, and have thoroughly enjoyed most ALL the stuff I've found so far...and have decided to take my place among you, do my part, and join the cause. Wink We'll see if I get ruined in my town for this, lol...

Good luck to all, and hope to make many friends and acquaintances!

- M. Cauthon

I bet you'd prove a fair hand at a game of stones.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
22-02-2014, 07:37 PM
I most certainly would Rev Wink
22-02-2014, 07:38 PM
(22-02-2014 07:37 PM)Matrim Cauthon Wrote:  I most certainly would Rev Wink

Be prepared for me to throw WoT references at you everytime I answer one of your posts, Hornsounder.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
22-02-2014, 07:43 PM
(22-02-2014 07:38 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(22-02-2014 07:37 PM)Matrim Cauthon Wrote:  I most certainly would Rev Wink

Be prepared for me to throw WoT references at you everytime I answer one of your posts, Hornsounder.

Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!
22-02-2014, 07:43 PM
(22-02-2014 07:43 PM)Matrim Cauthon Wrote:  
(22-02-2014 07:38 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Be prepared for me to throw WoT references at you everytime I answer one of your posts, Hornsounder.

Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!

Tai'shar Manatharen!

[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
23-02-2014, 09:24 AM
(20-02-2014 11:01 PM)toadaly Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 02:36 PM)Punk Pumpkin Wrote:  My name is Janessa, I'm 19 years old, and consider myself to be an agnostic atheist. I became Christian at 7 years old, and walked away from religion when I was 15.

Punk Pumpkin is too hard to say/think/type. Can we just call you 'Punkin' instead? Tongue

Punkin would work just fine haha. Or Pumpkin, or whatever anyone prefers
Thread Closed