Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
28-02-2014, 09:32 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hi!

Wicked, I finally joined an atheist Forum. I've been officially an atheist from late 2013 as only then had I understood really the meaning of not believing in God. I am quite anti religion, specially towards the three monotheistic ones and have strong views that it's detrimental to humanity and society. For the last odd months I have just tried to read more and more and more so I can keep strong debates and discussions at a knowledgeable standard. I am 29, gay and I'm a circus performer.
Find all posts by this user
02-03-2014, 12:52 PM
Hello everyone. I am 44 years old and I have been an Atheist since my early 30s. I felt moved by God to read the Bible and ended up an Atheist. It was the best thing that ever happened to me. I swear that in the moment when I realized that the universe could exist without a god, I felt new pathways forming in my brain. Sounds crazy but I swear it is true. I am a wife, a mom, a stepmom and a grandma. I live in South Carolina and I am cautious about who I tell. SC is not an easy place to be an Atheist.
03-03-2014, 04:08 AM
Re: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hi
I've been lurking for a while now but decided to join in.
I'm a Forensic Mental Health Nurse from Wales, UK.
I'm strongly Atheist, having seen sense at around the age of 12 after a mix of Roman Catholic and Welsh Presbyterian was forced down my gullet.
I am a member of the British Humanist Society.
I have a particular interest in pseudoscience and new age bullshit.
I'm currently in reading a lot about Islam.

I have a young daughter, who I'm raising to be a freethinker.

Using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user Likes ProjeKtWEREWOLF's post
03-03-2014, 04:20 AM
(03-03-2014 04:08 AM)ProjeKtWEREWOLF Wrote:  I'm a Forensic Mental Health Nurse from Wales, UK.

Hi Smile Welcome.

Um... what's the Forensic part relate to? I can picture mental health nurse fine, but forensic? I thought that was something to do with crime scenes?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
03-03-2014, 09:02 AM
Hey, I'm kind of a young atheist, still in high school and the closet. I'm not in the Bible belt, but my family and community is heavily religious, and if I came out publicly I would probably screw my future.

So, anyway, I hope I have fun here, and hello everyone!
[+] 2 users Like llMarshall17's post
03-03-2014, 09:21 AM
(28-02-2014 09:32 PM)anmiha Wrote:  I am 29, gay and I'm a circus performer.

FUN!

Smile

welcome!

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
03-03-2014, 09:24 AM
Welcome newbies!!

Jump in and enjoy the fun!

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
03-03-2014, 12:33 PM
Re: RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(03-03-2014 04:20 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-03-2014 04:08 AM)ProjeKtWEREWOLF Wrote:  I'm a Forensic Mental Health Nurse from Wales, UK.

Hi Smile Welcome.

Um... what's the Forensic part relate to? I can picture mental health nurse fine, but forensic? I thought that was something to do with crime scenes?

Mentally disordered offenders, either from court or prison....for assessment and/or treatment. Gets a bit lively at times!

Using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user Likes ProjeKtWEREWOLF's post
03-03-2014, 03:30 PM
My name is Bryan and I am an Atheist as of the fall of 2013. Previously I was a convert to the Mormon church since 1981. If you're a die hard musician and ADD, you fall short of perfection, which is what Mormons are after. Yeah, good luck finding perfection.
03-03-2014, 03:43 PM
Hi,

My name's Ben. I've been an Atheist since I was teenager and I'm in my forties now. My parents are religious, my grandparents are Jehovah Witnesses, my aunt is a Seventh Day Adventist, my mother-in-law is a minister, I went to Catholic school for a year and my wife is a non-traditional Mennonite. Needless to say, I have been exposed and am surrounded by many types of Christianity and I am rather selective about how and when I use the "A" word. I would never deny my lack of faith but aside from my spouse and friends I am happy to be partially in the closet. I so admire the younger, bolder folks that are paving the way for non-belief to be a normal point of view.

It's really good to have found an online community like this one.
Thread Closed