Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
03-03-2014, 03:47 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(03-03-2014 03:30 PM)BryanRP Wrote:  Yeah, good luck finding perfection.

It's a brand of soap here (in South Africa). Can be freely purchased at the supermarket Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
04-03-2014, 04:53 AM
Apparently I fail at this. I tried to post twice. We will see if it works this time. I'm a 35 year old ex-Mormon. Live just south of the " promised land". I have been aware that I am an atheist for almost 15 years. It is in large part to Seth and some others that I have finally started the process of informing my family of the truth of my non-belief. It is nice to know I have a community to reach out to if I need it. I hope to be able to help others as I have always had help from Seth and other personal friends and want to pay it forward.
[+] 1 user Likes Garthurian's post
05-03-2014, 06:42 AM
Hello. I am Doubtful. I am also doubtful. Tongue

I am an atheist, gamer, nerd, ISFP, and...I guess that's about all there is to say!

I play computer games, watch too much Netflix, and have only just recently begun enthusiastically diving into/exploring the atheism that I have possessed for years now.

Ever since I discovered Seth's podcast, I've been having a blast listening to the conversation and educating myself about the christian religion--like most former christians, I had no real understanding of the underlying material, although I still eventually came to my own conclusion that the whole notion was just silly and a bit infantile.

So...that's me! I guess. Or something!
05-03-2014, 10:51 AM
Hi All, First post as new here. Long time atheist. Living in London, UK. Signed up as am in the middle of a discussion with a couple of christians and wanted to ask for some help as to how to counter some of the claims being made.
Grateful for any help.
Thanks, Simon.
05-03-2014, 10:18 PM
Hello,

Daniel Here, I live in New York City. Not sure where I am in the spectrum between agnostic and atheist, but I am working on it. Be Kind....
06-03-2014, 02:18 AM
Aloha.
Have been a self-declared atheist for 30 years (since I was 16). Never held any religious beliefs or convictions though. While my parents were believers, they weren't church going and never brought it up so it just wasn't an issue growing up. I leaned toward atheism because I was appalled by religion and how it treated people, it's really the last 10 or so years where I've applied skeptic principles to shore up my atheism.

I graduated from Kingman High School and went straight in the Navy. Anything to get out of there. I ended up serving just shy of 22 years. I retired in Hawaii and stayed there afterward.

I'm married to a very lax Christian who knows I'm a atheist but it's not something we discuss. I've found online to be where I am more "vocally" atheist.

Discovered The Thinking Atheist podcast near the end of 2013 and have been steadily catching up. Looking for to some lively discussions in the company of free thinkers.

Cheers,
Michael
[+] 1 user Likes Michael Cannon's post
07-03-2014, 09:45 AM
Hi all, just signed up and delighted to finally join an atheist forum, looking to learn (I'm well past the angry stage but there's always more to learn), happy to share and collaborate.

8 years Catholic, 33 atheist, of those 1 year shouty now a bit more thoughtful.

Cheers and thanks for having me.

Dave
[+] 1 user Likes GodSwill's post
07-03-2014, 09:47 AM
(07-03-2014 09:45 AM)GodSwill Wrote:  Hi all, just signed up and delighted to finally join an atheist forum, looking to learn (I'm well past the angry stage but there's always more to learn), happy to share and collaborate.

Dave

Welcome.

So wait... are you currently an atheist or currently a Catholic?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
07-03-2014, 03:33 PM
(07-03-2014 09:47 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(07-03-2014 09:45 AM)GodSwill Wrote:  Hi all, just signed up and delighted to finally join an atheist forum, looking to learn (I'm well past the angry stage but there's always more to learn), happy to share and collaborate.

Dave

Welcome.

I don't think catholic would pick his profile picture Big Grin
07-03-2014, 04:16 PM
(07-03-2014 03:33 PM)donotwant Wrote:  
(07-03-2014 09:47 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Welcome.

I don't think catholic would pick his profile picture Big Grin

Would you think a Christian would pick my sig?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Thread Closed