[+] 1 user Likes dechen choden's post
12-03-2014, 03:49 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hi Ellen!
Find all posts by this user
13-03-2014, 01:01 AM
Hi:

My name's Anthony. After 26 years as a Fundamentalist, Evangelical Christian, and for most of those years a conservative, YEC, biblical literalist, I left behind the delusion of religion for good in 2011.

I'm very glad to find this forum. My wife and I have been regularly listening to the podcast for months now and enjoy it immensely.

Cheers, and nice to meet everyone Smile

ToonForever
--------------------------------------
Why I No Longer Believe
I once was blind, but now I see...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ToonForever's post
14-03-2014, 01:24 PM
Hi:

My name is Jean, i was once a bible thumping, conservative biblical literalist, till around the age of 14, when i became an deist and a few years after that i left behind religion entirely.

Thanks to Seth and his podcasts I ended here. looking forward to being a member of the community.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-03-2014, 11:49 PM
Hi, my name is Ariel. I have never joined (that's technically a lie) or even really read and forum before. Though my boyfriend is a frequenter of his favorite one. I live in the south USA and sort of just realized I am closet Atheist. It seems like whenever I want to have an intellectual debate or EVEN JUST GODDAMNED TALK to anyone that they are a closed minded piece of shit who doesn't know anything. And, I'm not just talking about religion. I like mythology, art history, classical art, philosophy, and religious studies topics; and, I love to sing and make art sometimes.

I also have schizophrenic tendencies so I can't really make friends easily or do as many things as I like without being paranoid and uncomfortable. I am going to school for my Master's of Library and Information Sciences in the Fall.

So today, I actually realized I'm afraid to talk to people a lot because of religion being such an important part of my life and the derogatory way that atheists are treated (especially in the south), and decided to join this forum to see if I could make some friends or talk to people that I can really be honest about for once.

Sorry if this post is too long. I've never done this before and I feel the need to apologize for a lot of things.
[+] 2 users Like mew5123's post
15-03-2014, 10:55 AM
Hey guys! I'm new on the forum. I've never really been much of a believer. As much as religion bothers me, I'm honestly more bothered about stuff that goes around pretending to be science or alternative medicines, as these things can be potentially harmful to the advancement of the world and to individuals who choose to adopt their claims. Big Grin

Yay to the advancement of science! Big Grin Nay to the dogma and superstition of pseudosciences and religion!
[+] 1 user Likes AceSkeptic's post
15-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Hi. My name is donita, older woman, native californian, mom to one rockin' daughter, gramma to one very entertaining kindergarten grandson. My daughter is atheist. I never made her go to church. Wanted her to find her own way, her personal path. I decided to stop going along with the flow of organized, corrupt, war-mongering religions about 2 years ago, but then especially so most recently. It never made sense to me anyway. Why keep faking it, and lying to myself and others? I no longer believe. Too many contradictions, nonsense, circular thinking, blind faith, magical thinking... I recently saw one of Seth's videos about parts of his life, his beliefs, and a video about a woman and her baby in this huge deadly tornado who lived through it. When she stated to the reporter that she was actually an atheist, I dunno, something just clicked. Over the years/decades I tried various other beliefs, mostly eastern philosophies the past 10 years. I have an affinity to the ocean, forests, deserts, etc., anywhere in nature. Mama Earth rocks my world. The sun, moons, stars, planets, life on Earth -- that's what soothes and centers me. When I'm digging my hands into her rich aromatic soil, and planting, harvesting, and canning -- then I am one happy little human being. I found out about this awesome site from a member on the Orange-Papers. My Likes are Burning Man, renaissance fairs, Harley rides, the beach, Halloween, sewing, gardening, canning, cooking, hiking, camping, fishing, being outside, yoga... Glad to be here!!
[+] 2 users Like donita's post
16-03-2014, 10:52 PM
Well hello, my dear thoughtful and free-minded wolf pack, don't need to stroke your egos too much since we're all well developed people here. First I must say I feel at home and thank you all very much for the warm welcomes you're about to give me. But I will highly appreciate if none of you did, because it is I that comes here to seek your aid. It is not I that deserves any warm words but you my friends for I know there are those among you who will teach me teachings which will change me forever, and, make me a stronger atheist. I'm a former strong christian I turned agnostic in the woods one day when I was collecting soil samples and noticed that Japanese stilt grass was messing up the pH in the soil and killing the plants around it, then.......the epiphany dawned on me that this cannot be intelligent design. Coincidentally The Grand Design came out around that very time and after reading it I was an atheist. And I like non-canned mushrooms on my pizza.
17-03-2014, 01:01 AM
(16-03-2014 10:52 PM)Thisismyusername Wrote:  Well hello, my dear thoughtful and free-minded wolf pack, don't need to stroke your egos too much since we're all well developed people here. First I must say I feel at home and thank you all very much for the warm welcomes you're about to give me. But I will highly appreciate if none of you did, because it is I that comes here to seek your aid. It is not I that deserves any warm words but you my friends for I know there are those among you who will teach me teachings which will change me forever, and, make me a stronger atheist. I'm a former strong christian I turned agnostic in the woods one day when I was collecting soil samples and noticed that Japanese stilt grass was messing up the pH in the soil and killing the plants around it, then.......the epiphany dawned on me that this cannot be intelligent design. Coincidentally The Grand Design came out around that very time and after reading it I was an atheist. And I like non-canned mushrooms on my pizza.

Dodgy

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
18-03-2014, 08:26 AM
So here I come to pen the obligatory "hi, I'm new, hi" first post and I have to follow that?! *points up to Tartarus' post. /sigh

Well, at any rate, here I am, and here's my first post. Like many, I came here because of Seth. I am on a marathon of catching up on his podcasts and my ears are madly in love with him (I'm too old for any other parts to get involved). Once this forum machine discovers that I am, in fact, an actual human and not a spam bot I'll then be able to post freely. Until then I will be lurking and taking notes on your writing skills. Be warned: I have a compulsive disorder that has yet to be named (as far as I know). It's sort of like that line from "The Sixth Sense" - just replace the words "dead people" with "typos" and/or "grammatical errors" and well, yea, that's sort of me. I can't help myself, I see them, I must correct them.

There are many subjects I am interested in and many conversations I look forward to having. Until then I'll go and stock up on non-canned mushrooms to feed to Tartarus.

English doesn't just borrow words from other languages - it follows them down dark alleys, beats them over the head with empty beer bottles, and rummages through their pockets for loose grammar.
[+] 1 user Likes Rhaevyn Hart's post
Thread Closed