Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
21-03-2014, 10:35 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(21-03-2014 06:49 PM)Jesus Christ Wrote:  Lol. Ask away my son. Lmfao
  • Does this count as your second coming, or are you posting from heaven?
  • You never mentioned anything about homosexuality in your sermons, yet Paul seems hell bent against it. Do you share his views?
  • What's it like being your own son and father simultaneously?
  • When catholics take communion, are they literally consuming your body and blood? If so, does it hurt?
  • What kinds of fun things are there to do in heaven?
  • When did you get married? Who are you married to?
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
22-03-2014, 02:01 PM
I'm new to the forum. Found out about this because of podcasts on youtube. Have listened to several of them in the past week. The host has a really great radio voice.

Have been an atheist for about 10 years. Raised Catholic. Embarrassed by my religion by the age of 14. Stopped church and all religious activity by 20.

Agnostic? I guess, for approximately 20 years after that. Finally did the struggle (as part of my mid-life crisis) when I was about 40 and became vegan and atheist in the same period. Now ten years in to both I feel like I live authentically in these areas.

I have been an on and off poster on the exmormon.org for over 15 years. That site is rife with the atheists. But lately they've been rabid over there by the prospect of a British Mormon who sued the Mormon Church and the case was just dismissed. First they were giddy at the prospect of the Church's comeuppance, then despondent at the disappointing outcome. They are very emotional about destroying the Mormon Church over there. I understand. But it gets a little tiresome. I am not done with exmormon.org, by any means as they are very atheist-leaning.

Tomorrow is my birthday. I'm 50! Fifty years old!

Oh god...
[+] 3 users Like onlinemoniker's post
23-03-2014, 09:08 AM
science sciencia RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Intro:
I like knowledge
but wisdom is a search for a lifetime to build on coping therewith, methinks in an inspired destiny from change to change
23-03-2014, 09:14 AM
(31-08-2010 02:59 PM)SecularStudent Wrote:  ...Sam,.... give students the critical thinking skills...

Thinking about the values of some judgement of what is valid thinking will lead from one of two, I believe:

rights came from nothing, as everything else...
or
it is that 'rights' are a given and inherent, nothing as led by the center of a human heart of thinking

after over 70 billion walking the Earth and educating a very few to exercise doing most on their own...
-seems the skill sets are quite different
23-03-2014, 09:20 AM
(22-03-2014 02:01 PM)onlinemoniker Wrote:  I'm new to the forum. ...

Tomorrow is my birthday. I'm 50! Fifty years old!

Oh god...

in answer- I am not God.

just new too

but I can not yet see everything coming from nothing...

and I have questions for when a "Doherty" or a believer, either, can not explain why's...
24-03-2014, 04:27 PM
Hello Smile
24-03-2014, 10:49 PM
Wow, long thread.

Hello all.

Name: D.C.
Religion: None.
Education: Improvised.
Nationality: Australian.
Hobbies: Reading. History. Collecting antique musical instruments. Ethnomusicology.
Relationship status: Single.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
25-03-2014, 02:25 AM
Hola. Hi. Yo. Sup. Hobo

Sex is a wonderful thing. You have to have it. If you don't, you're wasting space in the universe. -Ivy
[+] 1 user Likes Ivy's post
25-03-2014, 04:17 AM
(25-03-2014 02:25 AM)Ivy Wrote:  Hola. Hi. Yo. Sup. Hobo

Hola back.

What's up? Well I recently found TTA and have been enjoying the podcasts very much. I have been reading through the forum and trying to get to know the community. I have wanted to converse with others who disbelieve as I do in superstition. I recently attempted to join Australian Atheists forum but I could not confirm my membership and gave up.

So here I am. Thank you for your welcome. Not easy on a thread so large. I appreciate it very much. Thanks. D.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
25-03-2014, 05:12 AM
Welcome to the forum Banjo, I think you'll like this place, theres also quite a few musicians on board here.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
Thread Closed